Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭geotrig

Jack you mention u have an new audio board sourced? Will that be the 3rd audio board or am I reading it all wrong ( more than likely knowing me :lol: )
    Anyway if it is a new one that is working before you connect it up be 110% on the wiring , as if audio - neg is wired wrong it will blow the audio amp on the board.

Anybody know when a polo monitor is supposed to degause?
    Is there supposed to be a button or is it auto ?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭dav09

Not sure about the kick harness. I got a loom made specifically for this board but didn't even think really about that. I'll check it out too. Thanks dav

Yep low punch and low kick are off the extra harness usually, can be found on ebay, no problem. https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Mortal-Kombat-2-Extra-Buttons-Auxiliary-Kick-Harness-Jamma-Low-Punch-Arcade-/293018725016

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Literally just looked up this

http://www.crazykong.com/pins/MortalKombat2.pin.txt

Off to ebay again so

If you don't want to use ebay it's literally just for 4 buttons. You can easily solder wires to the pins and then to connect the wire buttons, something I'd probably do if I didn't have one instead of waiting and paying for one

• Advertisement

geotrig wrote: »
    Jack you mention u have an new audio board sourced? Will that be the 3rd audio board or am I reading it all wrong ( more than likely knowing me :lol: )
    Anyway if it is a new one that is working before you connect it up be 110% on the wiring , as if audio - neg is wired wrong it will blow the audio amp on the board.

Oh no just a second one.

I've replaced the cable with a brand new one built for the midway audio boards specifically, so wiring should be 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Anybody know when a polo monitor is supposed to degause?
    Is there supposed to be a button or is it auto ?
    Auto on power up, final answer

Auto on power up, final answer

Yep been auto on any I've seen.. One I couldn't get to degauss properly even with a wand but after a couple of weeks of general use it came back guess the circut couldn't handle the state the screen was in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

free candy cab size tube in the marketplace ;)

I've no need but you can store them outside and it''l be grand,just stick a black bag over it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've no need but you can store them outside and it''l be grand,just stick a black bag over it !

Be grand, like! :pac:

EHdumping-hg-033016-ph11

I've had it for a year holding on to if for various folks but it hasn't moved and I just don't have the space . It's going to the skip sunday or next week :(

A skip......do you have checkered black and white tiles anywhere in your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

If it wasn't for you meddling kids he would have gotten away with it!

scooby-doo-unmasking-gif-4.gif

hahaha . at least mine's free :D

Wwf superstars board for sale in marketplace if anyone's interested :)

Couple of goodies on marketplace, SNES mini and psp if anyone cares :)

The giggler is dead, man!!

75 posted for SNES mini and psp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My Egret 3 arcade monitor all of a sudden has the display stretched out in the horizontal plane and I cant adjust it at all (The pincushion pot is also non responsive). All the other pots work fine and the display looks good apart from everything is stretched out.

I'm thinking perhaps the chassis needs some caps replaced, but maybe someone might have other thoughts here? Does anyone know if Greg still does the chassis work in the UK? Been a few years since I had him do anything for me.
    I've done the basics of checking the cables and reseating everything on the control board and chassis, no change. Weird that just the end 2 pots stopped working.

Pots circled are non responsive.
    YNYPDkR.jpg

Master of the Universe

Have you tried climbing in to adjust the H.Size pot on the monitor chassis itself rather than the remote board? Might be worth a go first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Have you tried climbing in to adjust the H.Size pot on the monitor chassis itself rather than the remote board? Might be worth a go first!

Was gonna give that a go tonight. I was hoping it'd be something obvious like a bad cable or loose connection, but no such luck.

So I'm one less pinball from today. Sold my Whodunnit machine. To a chap in cork, so thankfully it's staying in the country.

I'm desperately trying to find another pin to replace it right away too. Hopefully something very nice comes my way. With England now gone it's now strictly mainland Europe and EU trade countries that are being searched

Master of the Universe

So I'm one less pinball from today. Sold my Whodunnit machine. To a chap in cork, so thankfully it's staying in the country.

I'm desperately trying to find another pin to replace it right away too. Hopefully something very nice comes my way. With England now gone it's now strictly mainland Europe and EU trade countries that are being searched

I wonder will Brexit inadvertently stop British colonial arcade collectors from stealing our Irish machines en mass? :D

She's alive !!!

139994635_10159001112458276_7715100309722636259_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=7Gt114dSCYoAX_Ms-kX&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=c560f4f365e6778183d0e87831ce3f8d&oe=60301F2D

Man this took a while to get working. Everything electric and electronic had something wrong . The Atari brick PSU had a bad big blue cap, fried rectifier, and blown fuses. The AR board was dead (the dreaded resistors and new caps and that round sensor chip ) . The board had corroded sockets and a dead CPU and roms with legs missing , the monitor needed a full recap, new bridge capacitor, fuses, a thorough cleaning of the high voltage diode connectors and a new anode cup ... not to mention rotted wood at the bottom and a layer of accumulated grease and dust goo from years of storage in either a chipper or a garage ... prob both

BGOllie wrote: »
    She's alive !!!

139994635_10159001112458276_7715100309722636259_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=7Gt114dSCYoAX_Ms-kX&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=c560f4f365e6778183d0e87831ce3f8d&oe=60301F2D

Man this took a while to get working. Everything electric and electronic had something wrong . The Atari brick PSU had a bad big blue ca, fried rectifier, and blown fuses. The AR board was fried (the dreaded resistors and new caps and that sensor chip thing) . The board had corroded sockets and a dead CPU and roms with legs missing , the monitor needed a full recap, new bridge capacitor, fuses, a thorough cleaning of the high voltage diode connectors and a new anode cup ... not to mention rotted wood at the bottom and a layer of accumulated grease and dust goo from years of storage in either a chipper or a garage .

It's restored well from original pics/video and looks great now, the boards sounded in a bad way but glad they could be revived, huge amount of work done.

BGOllie wrote: »
    She's alive !!!

Man this took a while to get working. Everything electric and electronic had something wrong . The Atari brick PSU had a bad big blue ca, fried rectifier, and blown fuses. The AR board was fried (the dreaded resistors and new caps and that sensor chip thing) . The board had corroded sockets and a dead CPU and roms with legs missing , the monitor needed a full recap, new bridge capacitor, fuses, a thorough cleaning of the high voltage diode connectors and a new anode cup ... not to mention rotted wood at the bottom and a layer of accumulated grease and dust goo from years of storage in either a chipper or a garage .

That's a bonafide restore job there, serious effort. I wouldn't be able to do a quarter of that stuff! Well done :)

thanks lads. yeah that took a while , although after that full White Water pinball overhaul it didn't feel nearly as bad.
    Those vector monitor are much easier to fix than the raster ones . There's not much to them . No need for crazy horizontal and crazy sync circuits, just an amplifier section and yoke section really . easy to test parts and most of it is actually really well documented online

Ollie,if I sent you my astroids board could you test it ?

sure pm me :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ollie, If I sent you a fiver and a bag of smokey bacon crisps, would you send me the Asteroids cab?

Advertisement