Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any credible conspiracy theories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Thinking about the logistics of launching a missile at the Pentagon and making it look like a plane crash...my head hurts. It would be far easier just to fly the plane at it.

Apparently "they" flew the plane towards the Pentagon and at the last minute pulled up, flew over it and away as a missile flew in instead seconds after.

Then the plane landed "somewhere else", was destroyed and everyone on board was either killed or put in some involuntary witness protection programme. Where they still are to this day.

People actually believe this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

The Nal wrote: »
    Apparently "they" flew the plane towards the Pentagon and at the last minute pulled up, flew over it and away as a missile flew in instead seconds after.

Then the plane landed "somewhere else", was destroyed and everyone on board was either killed or put in some involuntary witness protection programme. Where they still are to this day.

People actually believe this.

Ah Jaysus...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Ah Jaysus...

Conspiracy theorists would look up the addresses of witnesses, go to their houses and badger them, they found some old guy, who changed his story, and that was the theory invented, the plane flew over the Pentagon. Literally that's it, no other details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Operation Gladio and Clockwork Orange.

Both real, there have been documentaries from reputable broadcasters about them including the BBC re Clockwork Orange.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clockwork_Orange_(plot)

The GEC/Marconi scientist deaths also worth looking into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDA3gGBzMKA&ab_channel=20CHistoryProject

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

I suppose there is one theory

A bunch get together and convince you and millions of others that if you don't seek revenge then you will live forever.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Life is actually quite simple and things and stuff usually are what they are...
    The conspiracy story of any event is usually way WAY more complicated(as in logistics etc)than the actual true event.

Life is actually quite simple and things and stuff usually are what they are...
    The conspiracy story of any event is usually way WAY more complicated(as in logistics etc)than the actual true event.

You're right.

If I EFF you over and get away with it then you can comfort yourself saying I'll rot "in some horrible place when I die".

You, by contrast will go to a beautiful place by allowing me to do such things.

That Iran are actually NOT sending troops to Venezeula and that they are NOT minutes away from having a nuke that will kill us all? That's a conspiracy theory that I would deem credible.

Iran is about to develop a nuclear bomb so must be invaded.

....and wrecked much worse, YO, than dem eye-rakies, yo!

Yep........that's a CT in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Well, the supposed first use of the term conspiracy theory, which may or may not in itself be a conspiracy theory. About the Kennedy assassination.
    The claim that CIA coined the phrase to label any who did not accept the findings of the Warren report (the physically impossible magic bullet theory explanation).

So yes, OP, think there are undoubtedly at least some credible conspiracy theories.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Advertisement

323 wrote: »
    Warren report (the physically impossible magic bullet theory explanation).

That's an opinion. Seems it was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

If you’ve ever tried to manage anything you’ll know that its impossible to get everyone to do everything right.

If you’ve ever organised a surprise party you’ll know that it’s impossible to get people to keep a secret.

Note take some of the bigger conspiracies, imagine trying to get entire armies, politicians, witnesses, doctors, world leaders all to tell the same lie without any slip up..

I love a good conspiracy myself, or at least the idea of it, but most are implausible if you really think about it. That said, Epstein didn’t kill himself...

If you’ve ever tried to manage anything you’ll know that its impossible to get everyone to do everything right.

If you’ve ever organised a surprise party you’ll know that it’s impossible to get people to keep a secret.

Note take some of the bigger conspiracies, imagine trying to get entire armies, politicians, witnesses, doctors, world leaders all to tell the same lie without any slip up..

I love a good conspiracy myself, or at least the idea of it, but most are implausible if you really think about it. That said, Epstein didn’t kill himself...

Indeed. As for the last part, if Epstein didn't kill himself, who did? and what are the details? Haven't come across anything credible yet..

The British political and judicial establishment allowing 4 people to rot in jail for a crime they didn't commit is implausible? Beause that's what happened. How many people knew the truth about the Guildford 4 and the Birmingham 6 and didn't speak out?

Same with Hillsbourough. Conspiracies exist and have always existed. Caesar and Lincoln were assassinated as a result of conspiracies.

Iraq was attacked and destroyed as a result of a conspiracy as was Afghanistan. What do you find so implausible about these crimes and coverups?

Operation Gladio is implausible?
    Alcohol being laced with poison during Prohibition to kill people was implausible?

Didn't Bill Clinton apologise for what the MK Ultra program did to people?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

The British political and judicial establishment allowing 4 people to rot in jail for a crime they didn't commit is implausible? Beause that's what happened. How many people knew the truth about the Guildford 4 and the Birmingham 6 and didn't speak out?

Same with Hillsbourough. Conspiracies exist and have always existed. Caesar and Lincoln were assassinated as a result of conspiracies.

Iraq was attacked and destroyed as a result of a conspiracy as was Afghanistan. What do you find so implausible about these crimes and coverups?

Operation Gladio is implausible?
    Alcohol being laced with poison during Prohibition to kill people was implausible?

Didn't Bill Clinton apologise for what the MK Ultra program did to people?
    But of all these examples they were exposed by the mainstream media and/or whistleblowers and/or freedom of information acts.
    No conspiracy had been cracked by random internet amateurs gathering random clues they find on the internet.

Meanwhile these internet amateurs aren't talking about real conspiracies. They're talking about how covid is fake and 9/11 was an inside job involving faked passports etc.
    These are the ones that are implausible and silly.

So.....do governments act the cnut in order to expand power?

I say "of course"

KB and DJ say "they would never"

I say "of course"

But as we've explained to you many times, this is not our position.
    We've never argued this.
    We've never said this.
    We've never implied this.
    We've never said anything to be inferred as this.

This is just a lazy strawman you've created because you can't actually address our real positions.

Also, it's KM.

I say "of course"

Lol, not sure why you are attempting to invent a position I don't have. My views are literally in the 2nd post of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I was told by a friend of a friend that the flux capacitor works for time travel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I was told by a friend of a friend that the flux capacitor works for time travel

There are folks that believe you can get energy for free from the ether that would be suffice for all our requirements.

The conspiracy to assassinate Hitler with a bomb.

The conspiracy to assassinate the Romanov family.

How many attempts were made on Castro's life by the US?

The conspiracy to assassinate Hitler with a bomb.

The conspiracy to assassinate the Romanov family.

How many attempts were made on Castro's life by the US?

And how many of these conspiracies were discussed by internet detectives before they were exposed by the mainstream media and controlled historians?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Santa Claus? Ah but the excitement on the little ones face, it's worth it. Corporations make billions on this myth for years. It is also more precious than any religious belief. It would be seen as a heinus crime to unleash the truth to a child.

Yet you will have flat earthers, anti vaxxers etc etc etc along with everyone else on the planet all happy to carry this story through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭growleaves

The legacy of India’s quest to sterilise millions of men
    The mass sterilisation drive of 1976 was one of the most infamous incidents of the 21-month period known as the “Emergency,” which Prime Minister Indira Gandhi had declared the year prior, suspending the Indian constitution. Gandhi justified her decision to dissolve human rights protections by citing internal security disturbances and a need to uplift the underprivileged. She implemented welfare-style programmes, gave land to those without property, and artificially lowered the price of some basic goods to make them more affordable. But these policies, ostensibly meant to help poor people, often included a coercive element. In some parts of the country, poor men and women were offered plots of land in exchange for getting sterilised, or for “motivating” others to do so.
    Years before the Emergency, the US government began to put pressure on Indira Gandhi to pursue a more aggressive policy on population control. The Lyndon B Johnson administration was concerned that population growth was a threat to trade and national security, a view that was largely due to a powerful lobbying campaign backed by corporate funders, including the Rockefeller Foundation, the Shell Corporation, and the Ford Foundation.

Hugh Moore, president of the Dixie Cup Company, funded the publication of a pamphlet called “The Population Bomb.”
    Indira Gandhi and her Congress Party were voted out of power in a landslide in 1977. The opposition had focused on the emergency sterilisation drives during the campaign. “The skinny, ill-fed, semi-clothed, so-called illiterate villager of India refused to be seduced by promises of food and fuel in exchange for their basic human rights,” said Soli Sorabjee, the additional solicitor general for the government of India. “To the spurious question of whether the poor man would rather have food or freedom, the resounding answer which he gave was: ‘We will have both’.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Yes.

9\11 was a total inside job.

100%

Yes.

100%
    Nope. It wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yes.

100%

Better get your proof to the UN or whoever quickly then!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Yes.

100%

Oh come on. Don't leave us dangling like that...let's hear it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Trump: We'll have a vaccine before Christmas

Medical experts: That's preposterous

At 7:00

Advertisement