Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexi Flue Recommended?

• 01-12-2020 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

HI all,

Moved into new house and I'm getting Stanley Reginald Stove to Heat about 14 rads. getting back boiler installed too so its a bigger job that usual. the chimney is in good nick, though should i consider getting a flexi flue installed now while I'm at it? I'm more thinking about 10-20 years down the line if the chimney gets more heat damaged from stove use...anyone have any experience of this?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Thanks for sharing that. I'm more asking about the chimney itself separate from the rigid flue. Its in good shape, but i'm just conflicted whether i should take the plunge now for the flexi flue up the whole chimney to save myself bother in the future.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Beanstalk wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing that. I'm more asking about the chimney itself separate from the rigid flue. Its in good shape, but i'm just conflicted whether i should take the plunge now for the flexi flue up the whole chimney to save myself bother in the future.

The flue needs to be matched to the stove, so if your existing flue is too big, then use a liner.

Your installer should know all this.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement