Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Response from Mapfre for travel insurance claim

• 30-04-2020 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Is anyone experiencing huge delays for travel insurance claims and no responses from your travel insurance company? I have a claim in with mapfre (booked through blueinsurance) for the last 6 weeks and I haven't even received a reference number for the claim. I had to ring and force them to send me an email to acknowledge receipt of claim for fear they would try and say I didn't submit it in time. I got the distinct impression on the phone they are deleting all emails that are coming in.

I know claims have increased given the coronavirus travel chaos, but 6 weeks with no contact or acknowledgement is ridiculous. Even Ryanair are doing a better job of communicating with customers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just did a search on Mapfre and this thread came up. I put in a claim in July, got a claim number but nothing since. I should at the very least be able to claim back my insurance premium if they're not paying out, terrible service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I got the distinct impression on the phone they are deleting all emails that are coming in.

how?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Tippgirl74

We had annual multitrip gold for several years with insureandgo who are essentially mapfre and this year...first time ever having to contact them thank God... had a very unsatisfactory experience with them. Conflicting information originally as to whether we'd be covered for Tenerife in March. It was then impossible to contact them in March when covid broke out. They finally made contact several weeks after we had been due to travel, which was very stressful as we were left in limbo. Anyway we were not covered for pandemics!! It was an exclusion on our policy. Customer service was dire! Seemed to be inexperienced untrained staff. After I subsequently wrote a complaint email to them, a girl rang eventually to ask how could she help me? Well did you read my lengthy email?? Well I just have it open here now!! It might clarify for you how you could help me if you read the email! She didn't care. Needless to say I never had any follow up to my email. They would not refund or extend our policies despite us having only renewed mid November. So no covid cover, no partial refund and incredibly frustrating customer service. I would really not recommend this insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Waiting over a year now for them to process my claim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Funnily enough, I did receive a response from them about 4 months after my initial claim (after sending them another reminder).

Lo and behold, after deducting the excess (€50 per insured :rolleyes:), they paid out €45 compensation for 2 Ryanair flights that cost €145 that weren't cancelled but that were during lockdown and the event I was going to was itself cancelled.

So better than nothing but it was a long wait.

• Advertisement
Advertisement