Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travelling long haul next Xmas

• 22-11-2020 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Do you think we will be able to travel long haul next xmas. Plan was to go to Africa . I suppose if there is no hope I'd rather put it out if my head now and plan a European trip instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Next Christmas, as in 4 weeks time, no chance unless you want hassle and complications.

This time next year there's as good a chance as any. Go for it! I certainly am planning on traveling unless something drastic changes

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭junebabies

Next Christmas, as in 4 weeks time, no chance unless you want hassle and complications.

This time next year there's as good a chance as any. Go for it! I certainly am planning on traveling unless something drastic changes

Next xmas as in next year 2021, wouldn't be planning a trip to Africa in 4 weeks. Will be travelling in Europe next summer as can fly direct. I suppose if we need negetive test entering each country I dont know how feasible that would be..

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭SweetSand

Where in Africa? You can fly to South Africa, Zanzibar, Egypt and more no problem even this Christmas. So chances are that next Christmas you ll have no problem at all. Local restrictions are a different problem. You just have to wait and see, but I definitely wouldn’t rule it out for next Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭junebabies

SweetSand wrote: »
    Where in Africa? You can fly to South Africa, Zanzibar, Egypt and more no problem even this Christmas. So chances are that next Christmas you ll have no problem at all. Local restrictions are a different problem. You just have to wait and see, but I definitely wouldn’t rule it out for next Christmas.

But you cant fly direct? We were looking at Kenya but south Africa would be an option too. Ok will still plan to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭ted1

junebabies wrote: »
    But you cant fly direct? We were looking at Kenya but south Africa would be an option too. Ok will still plan to go.

If you fly to Abu Dhabi. You can get a connection to pretty much anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭shanec1928

junebabies wrote: »

Personally would go via Dubai. I’d avoid Addis Ababa at all costs it’s a horrible airport there’s no direct flight anymore, you used to be able to do Dublin to Addis Ababa but that stopped.

Advertisement