Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PDC - Home Tour

• 15-04-2020 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

Just seen that the PDC planning a play from Home tour this coming Friday
    They mention on the beeb it's been broadcast on PDC Subscription Channel
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/darts/52288607

Wondering if any other platforms will be showing the games ie. youtube, paddy power??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

It will be free to view on pdc.tv to registered users regardless of whether you have a paid subscription or not. The event will also be streamed on some betting websites so Paddy Power coverage is a strong possibility also. Full details here:
    https://www.pdc.tv/darts-live-sport-pdc-home-tour-lineup-fixtures-nights-one-to-four

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Group One - Friday April 17 (1930 BST)
    Peter Wright v Peter Jacques
    Jamie Lewis v Niels Zonneveld
    Peter Jacques v Niels Zonneveld
    Peter Wright v Jamie Lewis
    Jamie Lewis v Peter Jacques
    Niels Zonneveld v Peter Wright

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

jaysus, thats a blow. 2 great players. maybe phil might get a call up. im sure he has has the broadband sorted out !!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭doxy79

Just started but the stream quality is very bad so far, hopefully the don't make a balls of it.

• Advertisement

yeah, wrights cam needs an upgrade anyway :)

Wrights Board [ Unicorn - Eclipse Pro 2 i think !! ]

It's like it's been filmed on a flip phone from 2003....As desperate as I am for a bit of sport to watch, I don't know if I'll be able to endure much of this...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I suppose it’s better than nothing but it’s hard to watch. As another poster said Wrights camera is very poor

TbL

looks like pdc.tv has crashed for me

syngindub wrote: »

If you’ve got the Sky sports app you can watch it on that

TbL

• Advertisement

syngindub wrote: »

Here too. I know it's free and all, but this looks more like a BDO production than something you'd expect from a rich and professional organisation like the PDC :pac:

Wright wins 5/4 with two D20’s to finish.

Hard to get into this

TbL

well i suppose a lot of lessons learned both from technical and noon technical perspective here, back to the drawing board guys

at least they have time on their side to keep at it

1st Nine Darter
    Luke Woodhouse, take a bow son

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I thought since the pdc are officially running this we might get a bit of quality, maybe a bit of zooming in but this is unwatchable for me

https://twitter.com/OfficialPDC/status/1251591968011976706?s=19

US2 wrote: »
    I thought since the pdc are officially running this we might get a bit of quality, maybe a bit of zooming in but this is unwatchable for me

https://twitter.com/OfficialPDC/status/1251591968011976706?s=19
    It's a tough watch alright, it is what it is, I only stick it on for some background sport, while I try throw a few myself

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think it's unwatchable as well. Fair play to them for trying but if you can't see if the dart is in the treble/double or not then there's not much point in watching.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The quality has improved considerably as the competition has gone on. I find most of the matches very watchable now.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    The quality has improved considerably as the competition has gone on. I find most of the matches very watchable now.

I’d stopped watching, how clearly can you now see where the dart lands?

Thanks

TbL

• Advertisement

It's fairly clear now. Can still be a bit hit and miss though. Here's Klaasen v Clemens last night for an example.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It's fairly clear now. Can still be a bit hit and miss though. Here's Klaasen v Clemens last night for an example.

Thanks. Checked in tonight, much better quality alright, although the board on the left seems to be in better focus.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

First night I could get proper stream working. Michael Smith bottled a 3 nil lead and lost 5-3 to Matijn Kleermaker.

No idea how Kleermaker can hit double 3 from his height

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Is this worth watching? Gave up the first night

Is this worth watching? Gave up the first night

PDC's youtube channel shows one live match a night they should have previous broadcasts on if you want judge the recent quality. I've been having trouble running the stream without it crashing so it's not great

Irish interest tonight, Ciaran Teehan playing against Chris Dobey, Ron Meulenkamp and Kai Fan Leung

First night really watching this tonight. Hardly helpful to have Dan Dawson commentating away on there darts and asking them questions between legs? Wouldnt help concentrating levels

Good laugh off Durant v pipe

Live darts all day long here. Seems better than the PDCs offerings. Some great games.

Modus: icons of darts

https://youtu.be/JGz5ekIOOUM

• Advertisement

Final for this tonight; Clayton, Anderson, Klaasen, Aspinall probably the most consistent throughout the tournament

Advertisement