Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mars by 2020?

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CyberMoses

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Dougal, is that you?

No, Ted, as stated, I am not the fictitious character in a TV show, which itself is a minor dimension of the secrets services and the roman catholic dimension of the Irish Republic, in relation to the protection of government, military and Garda secrets by distracting you with hypnotic TV whose actors are but archetypal forms your unconscious mind, used, so as to ensure yous spend your time drooling and laughing at a reflection of your own psychology, which they use, so as to control you, controlling you by controlling you unconsciousness, rather than your realising you live in a highly illegal societal prison where the police, military and secret services gerrymander and rig elections so as to ensure political parties loyal to them and the military industrial complex, i.e. Fine Gael and Fianna Fail get elected, and so as to blind you to the reality that the same security forces build a control system around you through the structure of the family and condition you as a literal dog from the moment you enter the Roman Catholics education system, who, when they aint raping little boys they're conditioning them as dogs, their abuse of the mind and conditioning resulting in literal brain damage of an entire population that will forever prevent them form intellectually growing and gaining a perspective of life other than that of a Flat Earth perspective, instead rendering as bloodhounds for the Church. No Ted, it's not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

Now that’s what you call, a conspiracy theory.

But in the end, really. If any of our governments were talking to aliens and keeping it a secret.

Who does it actually benefit? Not the aliens because we are most likely inferior, not the governments, because they cannot demand or even buy there tech, and not us either because nobody gets a flying saucer for Christmas.

And believe me, I want one.

It’s much more likely that yes at some point some government somewhere has found some broken piece of alien tech, but that nobody has any idea, even remotely of were it came from (apart from somewhere in space, probably.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CyberMoses

Midster wrote: »
    Now that’s what you call, a conspiracy theory.

But in the end, really. If any of our governments were talking to aliens and keeping it a secret.

Who does it actually benefit? Not the aliens because we are most likely inferior, not the governments, because they cannot demand or even buy there tech, and not us either because nobody gets a flying saucer for Christmas.

And believe me, I want one.

It’s much more likely that yes at some point some government somewhere has found some broken piece of alien tech, but that nobody has any idea, even remotely of were it came from (apart from somewhere in space, probably.)

Why inferior? If they are aliens only two lifeforms, as far as I am aware, according to the laws of nature can evolve intelligence on the same level as humanity, A primatic-humanoid like humans, which these aliens they have contact with are, or dinosauria.
    An since they are also humanoid, and also descendant from apes, the ape of their planet, which goes deep into a constant inherent in the laws of nature, these "aliens" would not be superior, but if anything either at the same state of technological and natural evolution or or ahead or behind, they belong to the same military industrial complex, the reality of which, goes deeper into another universal form of intelligence, robotics ad AI.
    No the likely hood, as somebody versed in such things, at the highest level, of computer science etc, and knowing quite well it is impossible to reach the moon and the current state of computer science without encounter aliens due to knowledge of linguistics, mathematics, computer science, archaeology, military, secret services and globalist architecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

CyberMoses wrote: »
    Why inferior? If they are aliens only two lifeforms, as far as I am aware, according to the laws of nature can evolve intelligence on the same level as humanity, A primatic-humanoid like humans, which these aliens they have contact with are, or dinosauria.
    An since they are also humanoid, and also descendant from apes, the ape of their planet, which goes deep into a constant inherent in the laws of nature, these "aliens" would not be superior, but if anything either at the same state of technological and natural evolution or or ahead or behind, they belong to the same military industrial complex, the reality of which, goes deeper into another universal form of intelligence, robotics ad AI.
    No the likely hood, as somebody versed in such things, at the highest level, of computer science etc, and knowing quite well it is impossible to reach the moon and the current state of computer science without encounter aliens due to knowledge of linguistics, mathematics, computer science, archaeology, military, secret services and globalist architecture.

I don't understand.

Do you think extraterrestrials are going to aim to beat us to mars by 2020?

We have been discussing the plausibility of terrestrial humans getting to the red planet for 2020, that is, our earth to mars mission/s.

I am not really understanding your segue, from that train of discussion to a new discussion about extraterrestrials and non factual contemplations that US state bodies know about or have known about the existance of parallel extraterrestrial civilizations and that there is only two lifeforms that can advance to human level of intelligence, the evolved ape and some sort of dino.
    Do you not believe that your discussions deserves its own thread and to let us continue discussing our plain old terrestrial missions in here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Mars per NASA: The launch window period for NASA's next JPL rover, Mars 2020, opens less than one year. August 2020.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »

there is only two lifeforms that can advance to human level of intelligence, the evolved ape and some sort of dino.

If the Dino’s weren’t able to evolve into anything better than what I’ve seen dug up from the ground, in over 100 million years!!

I doubt very much they could ever build a spaceship, let alone develop the tech necessary to build one in the first place

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

If the Dino’s weren’t able to evolve into anything better than what I’ve seen dug up from the ground, in over 100 million years!!
    Raptors?

Ahhhh yes, the raptors, the ultimate killing machines, I should expect that if they would have been around for a lot longer they would have been the master of all land animals.

Maybe then the planet would have turned out to be like a pitch black film scenario, with swarms of these pack animals taking down any prey they fancied to eat.

But... I can’t imagine they would have ever been interested in inventing the wheel for example, or fire, or going to the moon, or inventing a Barry’s tea bag.

Ahhhh yes, the raptors, the ultimate killing machines, I should expect that if they would have been around for a lot longer they would have been the master of all land animals.
    Lots of evidence suggests dinosaur raptors evolved to today's raptors (birds).

Fathom wrote: »

Lots of evidence suggests dinosaur raptors evolved to today's raptors (birds).

More easy to see that in some bird species than in others

• Advertisement

Fictional movie raptors on Mars.

Truly terrifying prospect for any space traveler 😬

Fascination with Red Planet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I am bored by Mars now it is so old hat I think I will wait for the miners to start digging up stuff on …… errr Ganymede ….. or somewhere a little more exotic …

Mars invades earth looking for Rubecula.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mars invades earth looking for Rubecula.

The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

It can be done since the 60s. It has has been teased in the 80s and every now and then this thing resurfaces. It has become a meme at this point. It will happen eventually. I don't believe Elon can pull it off.

The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one
    Better odds than the lottery?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Better odds than the lottery?
    Ohhhh yes.

The chances of anything coming from Mars
    Are a million to one, he said
    The chances of anything coming from Mars
    Are a million to one...

But still, they cooooooooome.!

Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds.
    If you haven't heard it before now is a good time.

Advertisement