Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2019

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I suppose the DOF can be in charge of the transfer of players coming in like if you give him instructions to do so, ie scouting players

HOYD is only in charge of players currently at the club right? Makes sense that's he's in coaching

You can put the HoYD in charge of ins and outs plus contracts

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Has anyone ever let the DOF control signings and ins and outs for an entire window, or a game before? I'm tempted to see how it would pan out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

With the premiership over and focus on fantasy football I found myself returning tonight to the drug that is football manager..now to decide where to begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Axwell wrote: »
    With the premiership over and focus on fantasy football I found myself returning tonight to the drug that is football manager..now to decide where to begin!

Depends on what kind of experience you want
    Do you wanna manage a big club and make them a dominant force

Do you want to try and use a clubs youth facilities t blood the next generation of talent eg Ajax RB Leipzig

Do you wanna bring an obscure team to European dominance ? league one or below

Or a mix of point 2 and 3? FC Midtjylland, FC Copenhagen

I had great saves playing both Ajax and Burton Albion

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ended up I didnt have time to get started so going to be kicking off today. Think ill go with my team, Liverpool for my first game. Maybe give Villa a go if I'm getting bored.

What packs are worth getting - logo and face packs etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭ Alvin Gifted Butter

After 10 solids years of 1000+ hours a year, I gave FM a break in 2017 because of adult life etc. Been trying to get back in and I just can't seem to - 2019 *seems* like a good game, but the spark just isn't there.

I was a control freak and micro-managed everything, it looks like this is next to impossible in the latest games due to the immense level of detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

In anyone's experience can a striker in awful form turn things around? Playing as AZ Alkmaar and previously prolific striker Bjorn Johnsen is after having an awful season and I've to decide whether to offload him on the cheap or try to salvage him. I don't have much of a budget left so if I thought he could be saved I'd be happy to chance it.

He scored 23 & 25 league goals in his first two seasons but only 1 in his third (I had to drop him so he went from starting each week other seasons to only starting 11 & subbing in 8 this one). He did manage to score arguably our most important goal of the season in extra time of the cup final to get us to penalties which we won.

For what it's worth AZ are good fun to manage, lots of young talent particularly in midfield & the wings. The only problem I'm having is that we're ridiculously streaky; after two 4th place finishes we found ourselves in a title run in season 3. Rebounded from terrible form to go back top in February, cue a 5 game winless streak were we lost by a goal conceded in the last 5 minutes four games in a row. We drew two games all year & I got a message saying that was a record low. Finished 3rd & won the Cup so still a successful year but infuriating all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Just completed my 5th season at Napoli, won the league 2 out of the last 3 seasons. I keep tanking out in the CL to English clubs so I'm going to give it one more go with them and might start another save then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

In anyone's experience can a striker in awful form turn things around? Playing as AZ Alkmaar and previously prolific striker Bjorn Johnsen is after having an awful season and I've to decide whether to offload him on the cheap or try to salvage him. I don't have much of a budget left so if I thought he could be saved I'd be happy to chance it.

Could it be how you're playing him? Tactics or system that doesn't really suit? I've had some minor turn arounds over the years but nothing major. A tactical tweak can make a big difference though.

Just got 19 and started a game with Villa. A week later and I still haven't had time to get past the first in-game day. Stupid life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Could it be how you're playing him? Tactics or system that doesn't really suit? I've had some minor turn arounds over the years but nothing major. A tactical tweak can make a big difference though.

Just got 19 and started a game with Villa. A week later and I still haven't had time to get past the first in-game day. Stupid life.

Shouldn't be, I hadn't changed my tactics and we still ended the season as one of the top scoring teams in the league but I was much more reliant on my wingers & midfield. There were two main differences; 1 - The first two seasons started with Europa League qualifiers where he scored a lot & probably built up confidence, 3rd season I had failed to qualify for Europe so no easy run to start the season. 2 - My right winger Calvin Stengs was unhappy & played awful until I had to drop him but even with the improved performance of my young replacement Bjorn didn't do any better.

My board ended up accepting a £35m bid for my star player Myron Boadu, I begrudgingly managed to sell him for £50m. My transfer budget is now vastly improved so I might just buy another striker anyway. Still can't compete with PSV & Ajax for wages though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Cant for the life of me get decent value for my players, tried to sell two 20 million valued players, best offer i got was 6.5 million for one off 4 clubs and a loan paying 50% of wages fpr another.

Had a 60 million plus player the season before getting offers pf 12 million for him, ended up loaning him out. One guy i dont want to sell, young playing a blinder for past 4 seasons, valued at 22 million, when his rating are thru the roof, i get offered peanuts. Bit of a joke especially considering when i go to buy someone there valuation triples, even transfer listed guys tend to have their value inflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Set their asking prices higher. Should help get rid of smaller bids.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

In FM 20 I'd like to see the ability to approach a players agent with an offer before making an offer to the club, it's happening a lot more in recent times

It's not allowed legally so there would have to a risk in doing so, but it could make unsettling players easier

In FM 20 I'd like to see the ability to approach a players agent with an offer before making an offer to the club, it's happening a lot more in recent times

It's not allowed legally so there would have to a risk in doing so, but it could make unsettling players easier

Was thinking that myself. Checked my relationships the other night and I'm on very good terms with a lot of agents.

Was thinking that myself. Checked my relationships the other night and I'm on very good terms with a lot of agents.

They'll still want their pound of flesh every time though

To develop a situation like Jorge Mendes has with Wolves would be interesting, obviously alienating some agents or clubs then who flat out won't deal with you

Would all add more dynamics to new games

They'll still want their pound of flesh every time though

To develop a situation like Jorge Mendes has with Wolves would be interesting, obviously alienating some agents or clubs then who flat out won't deal with you

Would all add more dynamics to new games

I just want the chance to tell Mino Raiola to go f*ck himself in the comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Managing Ireland in 2024, Irish regens are crap. League one standard.

Any dual citizens wont declare, even though they're championship/bottom of prem league standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Managing Ireland in 2024, Irish regens are crap. League one standard.

Any dual citizens wont declare, even though they're championship/bottom of prem league standard.

In the settings, Irish Regens setting in the editor is the same as Scotland and better than Norway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    In the settings, Irish Regens setting in the editor is the same as Scotland and better than Norway

I didn't change any settings apart from loading all Irish players to the database.
    I have a lot of european leagues loaded.

I don't have one regen in my Irish squad, the youngest player is 22.

Scotland have 6 good regens in their squad.

Any regens from the Irish leagues would be lucky to play for a Championship/L1 team.
    Any good Irish/english regens in the English leagues wont commit to Ireland.

Aston Villa are the 2027/28 Premier League Champions!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I didn't change any settings apart from loading all Irish players to the database.
    I have a lot of european leagues loaded.

I don't have one regen in my Irish squad, the youngest player is 22.

Scotland have 6 good regens in their squad.

Any regens from the Irish leagues would be lucky to play for a Championship/L1 team.
    Any good Irish/english regens in the English leagues wont commit to Ireland.

Oh I understand, but youth rating settings only sets potential ability, weather they reach that depends on loads of factors, but coming from LOI will have a massively negative affect due to poor facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It used to be a feature in one of the years from what I remember, you had the option to make an illegal approach. You could be reported for doing it etc

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Last game of the season with United, city top of the league by a point playing allready relegated Bristol, i had better goal difference then citt, but wasnt expecting much.

Im winning my game comfortably, brustol go one ahead, im still not exoecting city to drop points. They get an equaliser, then bristol go score again! I start to think we will win the league, only got semi final of champions league, knocked out of fa cup and league cup early so was my only shot at silverware.

City score again, but im still ahead on goal difference then heartbreak

Paulinihooooooo

Scores for city in 88th minute to wrap league up for city.

Gutted, i went from untouchable to very unstable due to no trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Sirsok wrote: »
    City score again, but im still ahead on goal difference then heartbreak

You were ahead by one point at this stage though? If City were drawing and you were winning...

Goal difference would never come into it if City went into the game 1 point ahead of you. Unless you drew, and they lost by X number of goals...

You were ahead by one point at this stage though? If City were drawing and you were winning...

Goal difference would never come into it if City went into the game 1 point ahead of you. Unless you drew, and they lost by X number of goals...

No wonder i lost the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭polarbearhead

In football manager touch 2019 are you still restricted to a 3 league maximum?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

There's a 2003-2004 database in the steam workshop, Henry, Keane, Scholes, Beckham, Vieira, Figo, Ronaldo, Kahn just want to sign them all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I started with Cambridge a United in league two and got them to the Chamiponsbip in 3 years

I got headhunted by Derby in the Championship and spent a season and a half there but missed the playoffs

I then applied for the Burnley job and spent 20 seasons there! I won the Premier League 8 times, Champions League 11 times and topped the hall of fame

After a mediocre season crippled with several injuries I finished 4th and I was sacked. Ungrateful feckers :mad:

I never touched it since but 24 seasons, I got my monies worth

Roll on the next version

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just had a champions league final in the year Qatar host the world cup. Almost the entire two teams were on international duty.

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just had a champions league final in the year Qatar host the world cup. Almost the entire two teams were on international duty.

At least both teams got screwed so

I’m surprised FM didn’t fix this at any stage, it’s only 3 years in to the future so people come across it fairly often

Advertisement