Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tidal - 5 months for 5 EUR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Hey lads, can't find the similar thread. Maybe someone will find it useful. IMHO a very good promotion, you can get Family HiFi (studio quality) plan for €5. Sounds good to me. Enjoy.

https://offer.tidal.com/campaigns/5de986d679c686003235ab72/products?geo=IE&campaignId=5de986d679c686003235ab72

Says Premium plan is €9:99 a month and HiFi plan is €19:99 a month after free preview :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Having trouble getting it running over Echo. Amazon say not supported
    Don't suppose anyone has an ingenius way around it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

alxmorgan wrote: »

No, I don't think its working with Amazon devices, nor does it with many AV players, but anything which support Chromecast should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Thanks OP current trial expiring in one week had to sign up under new email, works great with Sonos

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

alxmorgan wrote: »

Just an idea, but Plex has Tidal integration and I know Alexa can control and Play Plex as a skill so possibly that's a way around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mexicanking

gomara wrote: »
    Thanks OP current trial expiring in one week had to sign up under new email, works great with Sonos

Works excellent on Bluesound node 2. Supports MQA. You will notice a good difference in audio quality. Better than CD quality.
    https://www.whathifi.com/tidalmasters/review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 stovecoal

I have Prime and can get Amazon Unlimited for £1 per month for 4 months.

Is Tidal better than Amazon?

(Mostly use over bluetooth with a standard wireless speaker or in the car.)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mexicanking

stovecoal wrote: »
    I have Prime and can get Amazon Unlimited for £1 per month for 4 months.

Is Tidal better than Amazon?

(Mostly use over bluetooth with a standard wireless speaker or in the car.)

I don't think you will notice any difference. Amazon music supports HD (CD quality) and ultra HD dependent on tracks. Offers better bitrate that standard Bluetooth can support. If your Bluetooth device supports aptx or apt HD or any other hires codec you will appreciate the quality difference.
    Go for it @ £1.

Advertisement