Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Yep both the city game and the Liverpool game we both in 4k. Arsenal game tomorrow too. Looks superb. The United game in 1080p with hdr looked good too

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    So I signed up to the full amazon Prime deal which includes prime video with a new email address I created, used my parcel motel address and gave my normal Irish debit card details and got the 30 day trial, and all the ball in glorious HD

Cheers, I did exactly this and now have the proper UK Prime Video library (Seinfeld/Fleabag etc) as well as the Premiership matches as opposed to the crap Irish version with random seasons of The US Office and straight to DVD films from the 80's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Anyone notice sound cutting out every 30 seconds? Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Smooth for me. Looking forward to trying it on 4K.

Is it available on 4K when watching it via catch-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

the picture was crystal clear but there was kind of a framerate/lagging issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ACLFC7

irishchris wrote: »
    Yep both the city game and the Liverpool game we both in 4k. Arsenal game tomorrow too. Looks superb. The United game in 1080p with hdr looked good too

How do you know if its in 4k? Is there a symbol? I was watching Liv vs Everton but I don't think mine was in 4k.

Using a 4K Firestick and Eir FTTH 300Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Anyone notice sound cutting out every 30 seconds? Very annoying.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

ACLFC7 wrote: »
    How do you know if its in 4k? Is there a symbol? I was watching Liv vs Everton but I don't think mine was in 4k.

Using a 4K Firestick and Eir FTTH 300Mbps.

I had the hdr symbol in the corner of my screen for the Liverpool game, savage picture quality even for the standard Hd for the United game, no lagging or stuttering issues at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

showpony1 wrote: »
    the picture was crystal clear but there was kind of a framerate/lagging issue

Maybe a setting on your tv when HDR is activated?

Something like Trumotion or RealCinema or some other rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Gerlad wrote: »
    Hello XXX

To change your current country settings:

1. Go to the Preferences tab in Manage Your Content and Devices (https://www.amazon.com/mycd).
    2. Click on Change under the Country Settings.
    3. Enter or select an existing international address, and select Update.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
    Ever Gay C.
    Amazon.com

Am I the only immature one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Got switched to the UK version within 2 hours. Impressive. Could nearly get rid of the IPTV...

Steady on now! After today all Prime has are the Stephens Day games.

But ye it is a fantastic service and I really hope with their $Billions Amazon blow Sky out of the water when next tv deal comes around.

Amazon got a new package which was the two midweek streaming packages on offer-20 games. So maybe they can’t even go for the main packages as a streaming service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

was on to them got all the way to being switched and my Revolut shows up as an IE card both the main one and any Virtual ones i create....grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Thanks for the info folks , I had amazon change my region yesterday and worked perfectly last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Thanks for the info folks , I had amazon change my region yesterday and worked perfectly last night.

If you change your region does this mess up your amazon shopping home deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

davehey79 wrote: »
    was on to them got all the way to being switched and my Revolut shows up as an IE card both the main one and any Virtual ones i create....grrrrr

I just have my AIB card on Amazon and switched no bother.
    IrishHomer wrote: »
    If you change your region does this mess up your amazon shopping home deliveries?

Doubt it. You just put in your Irish address at the checkout.

I just went to my account and edited my location to my Parcel Motel address, I then tested firestick and uk videos still not playing. I'm also using express VPN for UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Just sign up for a new account with a new email address. Set your delivery and billing address to parcel motel, sign up for prime and then cancel the prime trial straight away so you don't forget and get charged a month later. No faffing about with VPN, or getting on to chat to change region etc.

I also deleted my virtual Revolut card and made a new one just in case old one was associated with my normal Amazon account. UK prime video worked straight away on phone and stick.

Why would it ? You select your delivery address at the time of shipping.

I just went to my account and edited my location to my Parcel Motel address, I then tested firestick and uk videos still not playing. I'm also using express VPN for UK.

The change needs to be done by amazon support.

Why would it ? You select your delivery address at the time of shipping.

I think he is asking whether you still get priority delivery to Irish addresses if you change your region to the UK, or if you will instead have priority delivery to UK addresses and standard delivery to Irish addresses.

• Advertisement

I think he is asking whether you still get priority delivery to Irish addresses if you change your region to the UK, or if you will instead have priority delivery to UK addresses and standard delivery to Irish addresses.

I have about 10 addresses in amazon some irish and some Uk (parcel motel, addresspal etc and a relations address). My account is irish and I get priority delivery to both the Irish and Uk addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Cheers for the info guys to change region.

I used the App on my Sony TV. 4K football is truly something to behold. Nearly hurt my eyes, it was so crystal clear.

Cheers for the info guys to change region.

I used the App on my Sony TV. 4K football is truly something to behold. Nearly hurt my eyes, it was so crystal clear.

I tried on my Samsung TV but still got audio cut off every 30 seconds. So annoying. Any idea how to update a tv app?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Picky owner

Went on live chat support last night,just asked to change prime video location to UK as I work there a lot,he done it straight away no questions asked,lot more content on the UK version,just got lucky.thank you Praveen on live chat.

Thanks Boardsies I'm delighted got mine sorted looking forward to watching the games tonight :) whoop whoop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It was mentioned before but worth mentioning again for those who missed it and have a FIRESTICK

Once Amazon make the changes you need to Deregister the Firestick and log back in again.

You can download a FireTV App so you can type on your phone to make the email/password input quicker. I have 3 firesticks so would have been a pain otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    I tried on my Samsung TV but still got audio cut off every 30 seconds. So annoying. Any idea how to update a tv app?

Thats why I bought a Sony TV. Literally my last TV had that exact problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

gave it one more lash at getting swapped over.....
    Sivaraman D did it no question on card or anything done !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sivaraman D did it no question on card or anything done !!!
    Heh? :confused:

• Advertisement

Thats why I bought a Sony TV. Literally my last TV had that exact problem.

Could it not be fixed!?

Advertisement