Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Fire HD 10 Argos €109

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

On your tablet go to:

Settings
    Help
    Contact Us
    Phone & Email
    Device Settings

Type your request

Thank you,will do so tomorrow when I get it.

Is it free to get ads removed?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

bassy wrote: »
    Thank you,will do so tomorrow when I get it.

Is it free to get ads removed?.

The ad free tablet costs £10 more but they're very accommodating!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,387 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Picked up one of there great tablet for the price. Sent Amazon an email and unsubscribed me from ad's took around an hour for a response.

Also found this handy app to install Google Play store etc. https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8-hd10/development/official-amazon-fire-toolbox-v1-0-t3889604

Thanks OP and Peig for the heads up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm in two minds as to whether or not one of these would be handy. We'll be away on holidays soon and it might be handy for our toddler to watch a bit of YouTube here and there. I was going to take the FireStick but this would be easier to whip out.

Go for the 7 or the 8? Really all it would be used for is YouTube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

we have 2 sevens in the house for the kids for holidays and travelling and they are more then sufficient

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

just bought it there and installed google play store in less than 5 mins, just from a youtube video.
    now need a case for this, anyone recommend one which doesnt cost an arm or leg?

I'm in two minds as to whether or not one of these would be handy. We'll be away on holidays soon and it might be handy for our toddler to watch a bit of YouTube here and there. I was going to take the FireStick but this would be easier to whip out.

Go for the 7 or the 8? Really all it would be used for is YouTube.

The only reason I wanted the 10 was to read comics (maybe magazines too) in full screen. Other than that the 7 or 8 would be fine and for the money you can't go wrong.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8...-v1-0-t3889604 I used that link and completely removed everything lol apps adverts the lot,now I have nothing on the app at all only google and google playstore.
    and idea how I can get it back to have the basic functions like camer a app short cut etc.i cannot even set a background pic etc oh lord.went to mad I think by removing stuff.

google playstore works well have set up skygo etc and help on getting back the basic app functions for it.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8...-v1-0-t3889604 I used that link and completely removed everything lol apps adverts the lot,now I have nothing on the app at all only google and google playstore.
    and idea how I can get it back to have the basic functions like camer a app short cut etc.i cannot even set a background pic etc oh lord.went to mad I think by removing stuff.

google playstore works well have set up skygo etc and help on getting back the basic app functions for it.

Click on the > on the bottom right to move to the next page of the app. There is an option to restore everything Amazon.

If you then select remove everything Amazon select the manual option and just tick what you want to remove.

• Advertisement

john4321 wrote: »
    Click on the > on the bottom right to move to the next page of the app. There is an option to restore everything Amazon.

If you then select remove everything Amazon select the manual option and just tick what you want to remove.

bottom right on home screen?

bottom right on home screen?

496486.JPG

just reset the whole thing to factory,will start again.

@johnn4321 sorted thanks m8

how does one set a background picture that I have screen shotted from google images?,i go to open the picture and it says can,t open file?.

Have to say I'm delighted with this. Yes it's absolutely an advertisement for Amazon but it has all the functionality I could need for the little one. You really can't go wrong for €35 or thereabouts.

Many thanks folks.
    Just asked them to remove the ads as they were not relevant to me. They did it in an instant, same as last time!

Just asked the same and they did it with no issue's. They really are super helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Guys,

I've a reservation for a black 32gb version for Argos Mahon Point that needs to be collected before 7pm this evening.

Reservation price was €110.
    They're back up to €180 now.

Anyone want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

Got one of these the other day and I'm following a YouTube tutorial to download the Google Play services links.

When I click the links, nothing downloads or installs.

I think I've managed to set it to install from unknown sources - went into settings, security and privacy, apps from unknown sources and have allowed Silk browser to install unknown apps.

But I still can't get the links in the YouTube video to download and install.

For reference I'm using this video;

https://youtu.be/Yl7wmFiCvCk

Not sure where I'm going wrong?

Anyone else on here who managed to install the Google play store encounter this?

Is there something I'm missing somewhere along the way?

Any advice would be most appreciated, thanks!

Morby wrote: »
    Got one of these the other day and I'm following a YouTube tutorial to download the Google Play services links.

When I click the links, nothing downloads or installs.

I think I've managed to set it to install from unknown sources - went into settings, security and privacy, apps from unknown sources and have allowed Silk browser to install unknown apps.

But I still can't get the links in the YouTube video to download and install.

For reference I'm using this video;

https://youtu.be/Yl7wmFiCvCk

Not sure where I'm going wrong?

Anyone else on here who managed to install the Google play store encounter this?

Is there something I'm missing somewhere along the way?

Any advice would be most appreciated, thanks!

hi its a simple process,there was a link some op posted in this thread that I followed and everything is fine.so have a look through this thread for the op,s link and you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

hi its a simple process,there was a link some op posted in this thread that I followed and everything is fine.so have a look through this thread for the op,s link and you will be fine.

Got it sorted, thank you very much for taking the time to reply, appreciate it :)

• Advertisement

Morby wrote: »
    Got it sorted, thank you very much for taking the time to reply, appreciate it :)

your truly welcome m8,great bargain it was im very happy with it as was my 17 yrs old nephew who spent the weekend with me here and took it to bed lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Missed this, assume we can expect this price in future sales?

That link doesn't work for me.

Anyone else point me in the right direction?

EDIT: This one? https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8-hd10/development/official-amazon-fire-toolbox-v1-0-t3889604

Rooy wrote: »
    This is the guide I followed twice previously and worked fine , just take your time and there may be some slightly newer versions of files listed ,
    Probably took 15 mins max and most of that was the downloading.

https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

Have 1 on reserve myself.

Soarer- just follow this.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

anyone experiencing lag on the tablet? i am experiencing way too much its running the latest version of fire os

Soarer wrote: »

Followed the above link and removed most of the Amazon stuff. The toolbox is a seriously clever piece of kit.

Anyways, Netflix from the Playstore won't install. Anybody have any ideas?

Followed the above link and removed most of the Amazon stuff. The toolbox is a seriously clever piece of kit.

Anyways, Netflix from the Playstore won't install. Anybody have any ideas?

You need to install the version from the Amazon app store.

john4321 wrote: »
    You need to install the version from the Amazon app store.

Ah ok.

So run toolbox, manually reinstall the App Store (as opposed to automatically install all Amazon software), and we're good to go?
    Or would I have to reinstall the Amazon launcher too?

I'll find out either way once I get home like.

Ah ok.

So run toolbox, manually reinstall the App Store (as opposed to automatically install all Amazon software), and we're good to go?
    Or would I have to reinstall the Amazon launcher too?

I'll find out either way once I get home like.

No need for the Amazon launcher just the appstore app. You can download it from the device via https://www.amazon.co.uk/androidapp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Missed this, assume we can expect this price in future sales?

These are reduced again today in Argos. Not quite as cheap as before though.

Advertisement