Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3 pizza's for 5 euro, Read on...

• 13-09-2019 5:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭

Both Aldi and Lidl do 3 bog standard cheese and tomato pizzas with pepperoni for 2.99.
    Buy onions, tomatoes and mushrooms normally 49c each, Chop them up and smarten up the pizza before you chuck it in the oven. You can also buy tinned tomatoes 51c and , in a bowl hit them with the potato masher and add them too.
    Viola !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Not a bad idea, thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I buy the Aldi frozen spinach and ricotta pizza for €2. I add extra cheese and it's really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

been doing this since the 80s! I'm amazed how they get away selling plain bases for more than pizzas with toppings, and the plain bases are nothing special.

Tesco do grated mozarella and it is cheaper than cheddar, the grated stuff is drier so browns way better than the regular wet ball of mozarella.

Tesco also have frozen chopped chorizo now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I have used the frozen onions, mushrooms and peppers you can buy cut up and frozen in aldi on those crappy pizzas. But the mushrooms tend to make the pizza a bit soggy. But its not too bad to eat once an a blue moon.

Advertisement