Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M and M Direct

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Do they ship from a warehouse in Ireland or in the UK? Which courier company?

They use Dpd for many of their deliveries especially express delivery.
    Dpd offer weekend collection to many large customers in the uk, so a Sunday order can be delivered Tuesday quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

BE AWARE THERE IS NO FREE RETURN WITH THIS COMPANY.

RETURN AT YOUR OWN COST TO THE UK!

7 items, either didn't fit or rubbish :rolleyes:

Consider this a do not use alert from a disgruntled customer.

EDIT: Was not aware of returns option if using PayPal, thanks for that. But if I buy €70 of goods from a .ie domain and then find I have to pay €30 for tracked postage to return to the UK the "bargain" piece isn't really working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

If you use paypal you can use their free returns service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭andrew1977

If you have paypal , sign up to their free returns programme, pay for the goods via paypal, and paypal will reimburse you the return shipping costs ( up to a set limit of returns per year)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Paypal allow up to 12 free international returns per year but you need to turn the option on in your account first. I recently got refunded for shipping a jacket back to Germany. There's a small bit of work involved as you need to send them a copy of shipping receipt etc - details here.

Beaten to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,477 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I have been buying T shirts and bits from M&M uk for years and never had an issue with them.
    Also
    Pay for annual shipping, Unlimited shipping for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

If you’re going to shop online then you should do your research, PayPal free returns has been covering returns for years now, they had my back 20 times last year to various companies without a problem

Btw what’s with all the capitals lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

OmegaGene wrote: »

They are needed to express supreme outrage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

WHAT? CAN YOU SPEAK LOUDER?

So YOU didn't check the returns policy and now want to blame the store.

Buy a mirror. Look in it.

That's who to blame.

They are needed to express supreme outrage

Outraged at not being informed about returns policy and the PayPal option
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

vectra wrote: »
    I have been buying T shirts and bits from M&M uk for years and never had an issue with them.
    Also

Up until the point of using the annual shipping i would rarely buy anything online let alone M and M. Bought runners, paid the annual charge and now i just order stuff for sh1ts and giggles. I nearly have to stop myself now from buying stuff. Never had a problem but never had to return anything
    Dont know why other online shops dont offer a one charge per annum delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Darc19 wrote: »

That's who to blame.

Chill Folks who seriously even looks at that?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Always found M&M to be reliable, fast shipping and good quality goods.

Now Sportsdirect on the other hand......., order held up for weeks, packages arrive torn open, missing items, lousy customer service and some of their offerings are sh1te quality and ridiculous sizing. I would of thought that 34 inch waist jeans was a standard size but the ones they once sent me would have allowed my ex to fit inside them too. Now if she would have done, maybe she wouldn't be my ex.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭flexcon

Darc19 wrote: »

That's who to blame.

Oh no. I think someone misread what was said.

I can't see any blame here? The poster is pointing something out that is important. I buy a lot online, and only M&M and Amazon are ones that charge for returns that I have encountered. The rest are free.

So the OP should be thanked for getting this noted. It might prevent someone from taking a risk on a size.

flexcon wrote: »
    Oh no. I think someone misread what was said.

I can't see any blame here? The poster is pointing something out that is important. I buy a lot online, and only M&M and Amazon are ones that charge for returns that I have encountered. The rest are free.

So the OP should be thanked for getting this noted. It might prevent someone from taking a risk on a size.

Plenty of companies don’t cover the price of returns if the item doesn’t fit, sports direct for one, nobody misread what was said the poster didn’t need to gove a WARNING it’s on the website and PayPal should be used to cover returns
    Simple

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

vectra wrote: »
    Also
    same here no issues whatsoever

D13exile wrote: »
    Always found M&M to be reliable, fast shipping and good quality goods.

Now Sportsdirect on the other hand......., order held up for weeks, packages arrive torn open, missing items, lousy customer service and some of their offerings are sh1te quality and ridiculous sizing. I would of thought that 34 inch waist jeans was a standard size but the ones they once sent me would have allowed my ex to fit inside them too. Now if she would have done, maybe she wouldn't be my ex.......?

Thoroughly agree ref SD gone to hell lately,won't ever use them again,unless the kid is really stuck for football boots

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Thoroughly agree ref SD gone to hell lately,won't ever use them again,unless the kid is really stuck for football boots

Same with JD Sports. The amount of times your order gets cancelled now after 4 or 5 days.

Why do they have stuff up that is out of stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tuff Gong

So no bargains today then...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

asics goretex runners €65.95 bought a couple of weeks ago

bought load of stuff off them over the years

they even had ireland rugby stuff prior to the world cup cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Annual delivery charge is fantastic! All the family ordering from my account too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,952 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It should be pointed out that it might be a lot more awkward buying from the UK after they finally jump of the Brexit cliff, and the transactions are of a different "construct". People might get stung for such things as import handling charges, the same as applies from buying from non-EU countries now.

Plenty of companies don’t cover the price of returns if the item doesn’t fit, sports direct for one, nobody misread what was said the poster didn’t need to gove a WARNING it’s on the website and PayPal should be used to cover returns
    Simple

but the poster wasn't complaining about paying for a return in the post. They simply mentioned to watch out as there is a cost as a warning to those that may buy clothes - which is totally fair. And the next poster sorta came like a ton of bricks with the usual aggressive crap as if some big company needed defending in some sort of way.

EDIT: Was not aware of returns option if using PayPal, thanks for that. But if I buy €70 of goods from a .ie domain and then find I have to pay €30 for tracked postage to return to the UK the "bargain" piece isn't really working for me.

but paypal give you the return postage back to the value of 30 euro so items can still be bought at bargain prices

flexcon wrote: »
    but the poster wasn't complaining about paying for a return in the post. They simply mentioned to watch out as there is a cost as a warning to those that may buy clothes - which is totally fair. And the next poster sorta came like a ton of bricks with the usual aggressive crap as if some big company needed defending in some sort of way.

yes they were, they posted about returning at your own cost in capital letters like it was a shouting news bulletin

yes they were, they posted about returning at your own cost in capital letters like it was a shouting news bulletin

Yes to warn those new customers before ordering that there is a cost. It doesn't mean its negative to the company. Lots of companies charge for returns and lots don't.

All I can see is pure advice given that may save a bargain hunter from falling foul of the returns policy.

The original poster was highly aggressive back to the poster, that's what provoked a reply in kind.

Anyway. Don't want to further derail this thread.

If you’re going to shop online then you should do your research, PayPal free returns has been covering returns for years now, they had my back 20 times last year to various companies without a problem

Ref PayPal returns etc, could you elaborate pls ref sports direct,
    Am I right in thinking if u pay via PayPal returns are free to SD? Or do you pay for returns and claim afterwards via Paypal? Thank you.

Ref PayPal returns etc, could you elaborate pls ref sports direct,
    Am I right in thinking if u pay via PayPal returns are free to SD? Or do you pay for returns and claim afterwards via Paypal? Thank you.

pay for the items using paypal and if you return anything paypal refund the shipping costs

https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JBan1984

Hi, is there a minimum spend required on each order for the unlimited express delivery? Had a look on the website but couldnt see if there was. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,477 ✭✭✭✭vectra

JBan1984 wrote: »
    Hi, is there a minimum spend required on each order for the unlimited express delivery? Had a look on the website but couldnt see if there was. Thanks

Not that I know of.

Advertisement