Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Barter Clubs

• 07-02-2011 6:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi, I heard of Barter clubs whereby people can trade credits for work done instead of cash.

Example - if I am a mechanic, and you need your car fixed, because you are also in this club, you can pay me with credits instead of cash.

Now you may be a doctor or solicitor, and if I go to you, I will pay you with credits I have accumulated from jobs I have done for other club members.

I dont know much more about these clubs, but would be very interested in finding out - especially about the club based in Galway

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Good idea, but not sure if this is the correct forum.. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Strange one. So how would they get points in the first place? Im sure more popular professions would end up having a huge build up of points that they wouldnt ever use in turn making the work they've done free of charge from their point of view.

Cant see any way that it could work. Is this not why money was invented?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've heard of this.. it's been brought up recently in the Sligo forum.

But it's not specifically a Bargain Alert.

I'll close it for the time being and will think about a suitable forum to move it to. Feel free to pop me a PM if you've any thoughts on where it may belong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement