Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dunnes Valueclub Christmas mail offering Vodafone phone voucher

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ballybro wrote: »
    Any views on which of these two phones is the best .Its for a 12 year old .Thanks .
    I know Samsung is a very popular brand in our house ,never had a Huawei phone.

You always get less for your money with samsung plus the others have passed them out. They tend to still rely on their name to peddle the cheaper phones.
    Huawei are a big player. As are BBK phones (One Plus, realme, vivo, oppo) who are the 2nd biggest producer of phones in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Aidan78

Hey guys,

I got the voucher in my Dunnes mailing and decided to use it to get the young lad a new phone for Christmas. He's already with Vodafone though so I picked up a spare SIM and tried getting the phone yesterday. Shop is insisting that I pay an extra €20 for credit, which they will then add to the SIM (won't give it as a voucher).

Anyone being able to get around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dodod

Had the same promblems I'm just going to use the phone for the month

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

I went into Vodafone Shop to claim the voucher today which I kindly got from Only on here but wasn't able to redeem. Gave the number, checked and called, put it through, took the money and said they'd have to wait for the number to port over so come back in 10-15 minutes. Also had to top up the number there and then with €20.

Went back and they said the number was rejected and to contact eir. Handed cash and voucher back. I was using sim that I got from eir a couple of months ago to avail of a switching offer! I used to get a Huawei P30 Lite and got a text to say porting was unsuccessful. Did anyone else have similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Went back and they said the number was rejected and to contact eir. Handed cash and voucher back. I was using sim that I got from eir a couple of months ago to avail of a switching offer! I used to get a Huawei P30 Lite and got a text to say porting was unsuccessful. Did anyone else have similar problems?

No and I used a 48 SIM that I ordered online last week, I didn't even have credit on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

No and I used a 48 SIM that I ordered online last week, I didn't even have credit on it

I tried a 48 before and got a number from the 48 website except it wouldn't register on the network for me. It appeared to need to be signed up to an offer to make the number valid. I might try it again along with another store!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lunar16

Has anyone bought the Samsung A10 from this offer? Just wondering if it's a dual sim like it previously was in the August offer. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Lunar16 wrote: »
    Has anyone bought the Samsung A10 from this offer? Just wondering if it's a dual sim like it previously was in the August offer. Thanks.

It is dual sim. I think you get a free 32gb microsd card too with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Very expensive to get the PSmart unlocked anyone found a cheap reliable way to do it, or am I stuck paying the £22 on eBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

I have two of these vouchers available if anybody wants them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 galwayshelly

mystic wrote: »
    I have two of these vouchers available if anybody wants them.

Is one still available please I'd love one thanks Michelle

Advertisement