Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭jeffk

I tried to get the offer via callback and messenger and no, doesn't exist, you're mixed up with gomo, invite only to random people
    Told them was planning on going, didnt even open the message after telling me to get in touch if I needed help

SO

Got a three sim, used it for a bit and seems grand, and after about two weeks moved to three

Herself on three, so free calls
    As good as unlimited data
    Keep the 20 for apps, cloud services etc or VOIP
    Viber to use to make calls to landline, one euro gives you 47 minutes or plenty other options there
    Three plus for competition and two for ten odeon cimema passes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

jmorrisey wrote: »
    App seems to be desperate...click on offers all I get is "please try again later". Been like that since new app launched

App is awful,topped up at 4 yesterday morning,no confirmation,on live cjay3 times- useless, surprised+ dissapointed,
    On the phone to 5 different ppl ,eventualllllllllly got a nice guy,who spoke English, promised a call back- NADA
    On VF Twitter ( tried to Shane them,) - no response
    VF remind me of the dreaded" eir" ATM

jmorrisey wrote: »
    App seems to be desperate...click on offers all I get is "please try again later". Been like that since new app launched

It's crap

RoYoBo wrote: »
    The Vodafone app seems to have become awful for some people lately. From my own experience and reading online complaints, it seems to be connected to whatever numbers that were moved to a 'new system' a while back.

My OH's Vodafone number was not moved to the new system and when he uses the app everything is fine. When I log on to the exact same app with my number, I lose almost all functionality - no Friday offers, no breakdown of remaining data, no ability to top up etc.

I've reported this to Vodafone - waited 55 minutes on the phone - and explained everything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app umpteen times - to no avail. Vodafone assured me they'd 'look into it' and get back to me. There's no need for me to tell you how successful that was ... :mad:

They're just not interested in sorting the problem and with GoMo nipping at their heels, they will almost certainly lose out as a result.

Seriously contemplating leaving,this isn't good enough

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The app is complete garbage now, I can’t even log in anymore it keeps telling me the password is wrong but when I go to the website I can log in fine but all info is 3 days out of date. For the last few days I’m received about 15 weird texts from them ranging from telling me I’ve used my daily limit for data and charges will apply or another one was my sky sports has expired but I’ve only just started another 28 day cycle.
    I’ve noticed my data has slowed down to a snails pace lately even though it says 4g.
    I’ve had enough and I’ve got a gomo sim

I'm glad other PPL are having problems ref app ,hope VF take note,my VF app is crashing, absolutely Shi*e,can't log in, check balance etc,no response on twitter from VF,live chat have either robot s( non English speaking) or ppl who don't give a fu*k, blatantly lied to this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Offers on app not working for me since update either, it really is shocking how bad their website and app are for a comms company, absolutely bewildered they care so little about customer retention considering how easily this stuff could be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The app is complete garbage now, I can’t even log in anymore it keeps telling me the password is wrong but when I go to the website I can log in fine but all info is 3 days out of date. For the last few days I’m received about 15 weird texts from them ranging from telling me I’ve used my daily limit for data and charges will apply or another one was my sky sports has expired but I’ve only just started another 28 day cycle.
    I’ve noticed my data has slowed down to a snails pace lately even though it says 4g.
    I’ve had enough and I’ve got a gomo sim

Quote: Grumpypants
    Gomo have a 9.99 offer now. Im reluctant to move as i get a tenner credit back each month that i spend on disney life but for others that dont get the tenner it might back.it might be better value.

"Gomo can go whistle, Ive tried numerous networks over the years and Vodafone are the best for coverage and customer care"

You've changed your tune. 2 months ago you were giving out about gomo. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

IMO and in my travels, Vodafone have always had the best all round network for my needs. The new app and the webtext problems (I realise this doesn't impact everyone) have dented that impression and now that I'm being ignored and promised phonecalls and fixes that never happen, it's just a matter of time before my custom is lost.

The Vodafone X offer is, however, great when on holiday/border hopping to NI, as you have the entire amount of data to roam with, as opposed to GoMo eg. I may keep the sim for that alone and use my other sim (dual sim phone) for another network for day-to-day use.

The thing that Vodafone (and other providers) seem to forget is that when one person in a family/group switches as a result of poor CS or whatever, the likelihood is that others will leak away too. I'm the 'go to tech adviser' and 'top up' person in our family, so that impacts strongly too. I'd only just managed to get some of the older family members to LOOK at the app and now it's practically useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

physioman wrote: »
    Quote: Grumpypants
    Gomo have a 9.99 offer now. Im reluctant to move as i get a tenner credit back each month that i spend on disney life but for others that dont get the tenner it might back.it might be better value.

"Gomo can go whistle, Ive tried numerous networks over the years and Vodafone are the best for coverage and customer care"

You've changed your tune. 2 months ago you were giving out about gomo. ��
    I’ve explained why I’ve changed my mind about Vodafone - it has gone to sh1t very quickly
    Why the interest ? And you’ve messed up the quotes a bit along the line, it doesn’t show where grumpypants quotes end and mine begin !!

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

I moved my number to payg on vodafone and I have to say they are making Eir look very good and Gomo not bad. Had no phone for over 2 days, first day contacted them on web chat told system fault will be redone and sorted by evening time. Next day still nothing working contact ComReg to see how to fix it. So rang as ComReg said to do and get a complaint reference number told can't have one as not a customer even though had text from vodafone saying welcome and they had stopped my number. That afternoon phone starts to work.
    So signed into app wouldn't let me register as already a customer, web chat again sorted that out. But I'm not a prepay customer I'm shown as on old package that does exist any more. Send balance text get one back not a customer, got on to web chat again its another system error told to try 1747 nothing back on that, I asked how I'm been shown old data and its implied its my data. I have not been a customer of vodafone for at least 6 years so surely my information should have been purged from system ?

• Advertisement

RoYoBo wrote: »
    IMO and in my travels, Vodafone have always had the best all round network for my needs. The new app and the webtext problems (I realise this doesn't impact everyone) have dented that impression and now that I'm being ignored and promised phonecalls and fixes that never happen, it's just a matter of time before my custom is lost.

The Vodafone X offer is, however, great when on holiday/border hopping to NI, as you have the entire amount of data to roam with, as opposed to GoMo eg. I may keep the sim for that alone and use my other sim (dual sim phone) for another network for day-to-day use.

The thing that Vodafone (and other providers) seem to forget is that when one person in a family/group switches as a result of poor CS or whatever, the likelihood is that others will leak away too. I'm the 'go to tech adviser' and 'top up' person in our family, so that impacts strongly too. I'd only just managed to get some of the older family members to LOOK at the app and now it's practically useless.

VF haven't any customer care anymore, shocked to compare them to Eir who are atrocious,but VF are getting as bad,I've siro,and pay for 2 PAYG accounts each month, seriously looking to leave, Monday I'm going to try and get the loyalty team to either ensure they fix this ****e app or I'm ( promised that technical staff will ring by then ( doubt it) they don't even answer aDM on twitter

raytaxi wrote: »
    I moved my number to payg on vodafone and I have to say they are making Eir look very good and Gomo not bad. Had no phone for over 2 days, first day contacted them on web chat told system fault will be redone and sorted by evening time. Next day still nothing working contact ComReg to see how to fix it. So rang as ComReg said to do and get a complaint reference number told can't have one as not a customer even though had text from vodafone saying welcome and they had stopped my number. That afternoon phone starts to work.
    So signed into app wouldn't let me register as already a customer, web chat again sorted that out. But I'm not a prepay customer I'm shown as on old package that does exist any more. Send balance text get one back not a customer, got on to web chat again its another system error told to try 1747 nothing back on that, I asked how I'm been shown old data and its implied its my data. I have not been a customer of vodafone for at least 6 years so surely my information should have been purged from system ?
    Their so called customer care is crap,and as for live chat FFS ,get PPL who can't speak / read/ or understand basic English

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just a quick one. On the X Plan since it was released here (unlimited weekends plan)

My 3 months spotify premium trial is up next week, so swapped over to X Music and topped up this morning.

Will that automatically rollover to my Spotify account or will I have to contact Vodafone? I don't want to get charged a months premium when the initial 3 month trial ends, as I opted in for XMusic... A bit confused. Should have done a bit of research before topping up but how and ever!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

rizzee wrote: »
    Just a quick one. On the X Plan since it was released here (unlimited weekends plan)

My 3 months spotify premium trial is up next week, so swapped over to X Music and topped up this morning.

Will that automatically rollover to my Spotify account or will I have to contact Vodafone? I don't want to get charged a months premium when the initial 3 month trial ends, as I opted in for XMusic... A bit confused. Should have done a bit of research before topping up but how and ever!

Thanks
    Read the terms and conditions on Vodafone. I signed my daughter up recently to the Spotify plan. I had to text a number and was sent a link to take me to the Spotify site where I had to sign in using my daughters details.
    Can't remember exactly what number I sent the text to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Thanks

You will get a link from Vodafone, sign into your Spotify Via the link and off you go

The internet isn’t for everyone

Thanks for that. Got through to the T&Cs and followed instructions.

Before activating it I cancelled the original trial via Spotify site on the laptop then opted in on the Vodafone for the 6 months.

Came up with a message ''you already have a premium package for Spotify, if you want to continue with this purchase it should be cancelled'' ... assume it will take a while to kick in. Thanks again.

Edit: Because I cancelled the trial, it now says I will be reverted to Spotify Free on 26/01/20 - I'm hoping the Vodafone offer will then kick in!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Thanks for that. Got through to the T&Cs and followed instructions.

Before activating it I cancelled the original trial via Spotify site on the laptop then opted in on the Vodafone for the 6 months.

Came up with a message ''you already have a premium package for Spotify, if you want to continue with this purchase it should be cancelled'' ... assume it will take a while to kick in. Thanks again.

Edit: Because I cancelled the trial, it now says I will be reverted to Spotify Free on 26/01/20 - I'm hoping the Vodafone offer will then kick in!
    You'll probably have to go through the process again. Same happened me, I couldn't sign up my daughter because she still had a few days left on her Spotify account. Once the Spotify cancelled I had to log into Vodafone and start the process again.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    You'll probably have to go through the process again. Same happened me, I couldn't sign up my daughter because she still had a few days left on her Spotify account. Once the Spotify cancelled I had to log into Vodafone and start the process again.

Thanks, I'll give it a bash again if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭ Alora Attractive Visitor

Has Vodafone just got rid of Chat customer service? It's never available.
    I moved from Sim Only to PAYG so maybe that's something to do with it.

Has Vodafone just got rid of Chat customer service? It's never available.
    I moved from Sim Only to PAYG so maybe that's something to do with it.

No but honestly it's gone vv bad,what I did was p.m. VF on Twitter- no reply until I directly messaged them together with screenshots etc,lo and behold they got back to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

can you set up auto top up on vodafone payg?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Scruff wrote: »

You can

• Registered Users Posts: 8,564 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Scruff wrote: »

Yes, that's what I use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

Can somebody tell me is the way to not pay for hotspot in vodafone x? Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Can somebody tell the way to not pay for hotspot in vodafone x? Android.

Ensure that only the live APN is available in settings. Delete the HS APN.

Newer versions of Android (8+) automatically switch APNs in the background so it may take trial and error to see if deleting HS APN stops them charging. Ability to modify/delete APNs may be restricted depending on the phone model.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Ensure that only the live APN is available in settings. Delete the HS APN.

Newer versions of Android (8+) automatically switch APNs in the background so it may take trial and error to see if deleting HS APN stops them charging. Ability to modify/delete APNs may be restricted depending on the phone model.

Cant delete hs apn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

4motion wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me is the way to not pay for hotspot in vodafone x? Android.

Try changing to 3G first.
    One reason I left Vodafone is that I was always getting charged whenever I tethered. There was no control over the live vs HS APN, and I always ended up being charged i.e. loosing credit. I got tired of contacting Support over it.

I wonder can you buy Vodafone X card and put it to mobile router will that work? I have very good signal in my house around 100gb download I could quite from broadband. It's only 20€ and 30gb should be ok for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

4motion wrote: »
    I wonder can you buy Vodafone X card and put it to mobile router will that work? I have very good signal in my house around 100gb download I could quite from broadband. It's only 20€ and 30gb should be ok for me.

I did it. Works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Gomo would be better value at 12.99 for 80GB, the only difference is it's a recurring bill.

Eir prepay costs 20 euro for 80GB for 28 days.

Both allow tethering at no extra charge.

Vodafone are the least value for money and those tethering charges are fairly mean and sneaky.

Advertisement