Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No screw/drill shelf. Do they exist?

Options
  • 16-09-2019 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I have a mini projector that I'd like to stick up high on a shelf. It's tiny thing, weighs less than a kilo.

However I'm renting so don't want to be drilling into a wall.

Do glue-on shelves exist? And where can I get one. I've seen a few hacky ideas on a few blogs but I couldn't be arsed reading through people's life stories.

I literally just need a little shelf the dimensions of a DVD case, and can't drill the wall. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You could probably use a lot of command strips to stick something L
    -shaped in profile to the wall, providing you had enough surface area it should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Do glue-on shelves exist?

I literally just need a little shelf the dimensions of a DVD case, and can't drill the wall. Any ideas?

The command strips might do the job, but removing any more conventional adhesive is going to require a lot more filling than a couple of plug holes.

• Administrators Posts: 53,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

+1 on the above.

Sticky bits are likely to make a bigger mess of the wall when removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Screw four small hooks into the ceiling and hang the shelf?

Advertisement