Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Attacks in Saudi Arabia on two oil factories

Options
  • 15-09-2019 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Will this push up oil prices? Not good for us here in the west.
    That means everything else will then go up i n price.

Note an be moved to Current Affairs if moderator thinks this thread is better there.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Those two oil fields account for 10% of the worlds production, they are operating at 50% reduced capacity now so 5% reduction of the worlds capacity gone.

Yes, fuel prices will rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

good, we need less oil there's a climate emergency HELLO???!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Odhinn

AMKC wrote: »
    Will this push up oil prices? .

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

good, we need less oil there's a climate emergency HELLO???!!!

They burned the oil all together.

Liberals summed up in one post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Thread moved to CA. Read the charter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

BDI wrote: »
    They burned the oil all together
    listen genius, once its burned it cant pollute the atmosphere running filthy internal combustion engines !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So who here thinks this was done by the Saudi's themselves to push up oil prices?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

So who here thinks this was done by the Saudi's themselves to push up oil prices?

Nah. Doesn't make sense if you think of the logistics.

If they were cruise missiles, as some US sources are suggesting, how come they were not intercepted?

Ms

So they are now saying that America might bomb Iranian oil fields. Will this be the start of another war in the Middle East if that happens? A war none of us want and hope will never happen. Very bad if that happens

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I filled up my tank today, so im good for about 10 days fingers crossed

Ms

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

Wow your house boiler must be very hard on the oil :D

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Seems far too easy for Iranian drones to just fly in and bomb the oil fields. Especially with Trump's escalating verbal threats against Iran and the alliance the US has with the Saudis.

Ms

Seems far too easy for Iranian drones to just fly in and bomb the oil fields. Especially Trump's escalating verbal threats against Iran and the alliance the US has with the Saudis.

Iran I would say could have done it if they wanted too. If they actually done it I do not no. But they are saying that the Hooties done it. I don't know about that . These oil fields were not beside each other they were in two different parts of a very big country.
    We will probably never know.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Forty Seven

Houthi drones with probably some Iranian expertise and training. Wouldn't be difficult to use off the shelf commercial drones combined with some bomb making skills which they have in droves. Never mind oil prices. If this expertise makes its way through terrorist groups and onto the internet (which it will) then we are facing a time where anyone can be attacked anywhere by anyone else.
    This is a very worrying development.

So they are now saying that America might bomb Iranian oil fields. Will this be the start of another war in the Middle East if that happens? A war none of us want and hope will never happen. Very bad if that happens

Yes. Very bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

listen genius, once its burned it cant pollute the atmosphere running filthy internal combustion engines !

I don't think you understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,241 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No, they could just cut production, this marks them out as unreliable supplier.

There is a lot of oil coming online in next year, there is expected to be a 1.5mn barrel over supply.

Iran I would say could have done it if they wanted too. If they actually done it I do not no. But they are saying that the Hooties done it. I don't know about that . These oil fields were not beside each other they were in two different parts of a very big country.
    We will probably never know.

They're examining the drones/missiles, and aerial photos of the damage have been released.

As always though, it comes down to who you believe. I wouldn't trust any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

Where'd ya get a Tank......Army Sur+

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭bigroad

With all the electric cars on the scene now maybe the 5% less oil will make no difference.

Ms

bigroad wrote: »
    With all the electric cars on the scene now maybe the 5% less oil will make no difference.

Highly doubt it enough. There is only about 5 thousand new electric cars in Ireland and they still only account for 0.05% or something small like that in the amount new cars sold. So it will be felt unfortunately. Really depends on what the markets think of it in the morning. We will all know tomorrow.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

I'll say this for the Iranians, they're certainly ballsy!

US Drone shot down, British Registered Oil Tanker seized, Limpet mines attached to Arab ships, Selling oil to Assad, and now attacking Saudi Oil fields (directly/indirectly).

They're only itching for a strike on one of their oil fields and then its blockade on the straits of hormuz! That's when the fun really starts.

I'd imagine Hezbollah are gearing up for the Long War shortly also.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Just as well Bolton is gone from the White House, god know's what he would be suggesting right now if he was still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Looks like I picked the wrong week to sell my royal dutch shell shares

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

bigroad wrote: »

There's not even 1% of all cars in the country electric, long time to go before we turn our back on oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

But they are saying that the Hooties done it.

Rough translation from the Yemen rebels; come at me bro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I take it you never go in a car, bus, plane, train or use any delivered products!

Grand..I thought so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    They're examining the drones/missiles, and aerial photos of the damage have been released.

As always though, it comes down to who you believe. I wouldn't trust any of them.

It very strange this attack just happens to occur after Bolton resigned and sources said he left because Trump was considering sanction relief for Iran. Bolton was opposed to this.

Why would Iran do this now when tensions are relaxing after Bolton departure? Another strange incident that doesn't benefiit Iran?

• Advertisement

I'll say this for the Iranians, they're certainly ballsy!

US Drone shot down, British Registered Oil Tanker seized, Limpet mines attached to Arab ships, Selling oil to Assad, and now attacking Saudi Oil fields (directly/indirectly).

They're only itching for a strike on one of their oil fields and then its blockade on the straits of hormuz! That's when the fun really starts.

I wonder have the the nuke already.

Advertisement