Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man making a fortune beating the bookies stupidity shares his method

• 07-09-2019 12:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Came across this video of how a man has been making a fortune betting live on tennis.
    He probably should have kept his mouth shut but the bookies are surely already aware of it.

It is very clever though. Speed is key here

https://youtu.be/kvT_yIVI2Qw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Came across this video of how a man has been making a fortune betting live on tennis.
    He probably should have kept his mouth shut but the bookies are surely already aware of it.

It is very clever though. Speed is key here

https://youtu.be/kvT_yIVI2Qw

It's called court siding, it's been around for years, everyone knows about it, and the vast majority of the money traded on tennis on betting exchanges, and it is a huge amount, is generated by court siding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

It's called court siding, it's been around for years, everyone knows about it, and the vast majority of the money traded on tennis on betting exchanges, and it is a huge amount, is generated by court siding.

Saw this, why are the bookies still offering the market? Surely they're not making any money from casual punters on this to justify the risk?

Saw this, why are the bookies still offering the market? Surely they're not making any money from casual punters on this to justify the risk?

I don't know anything about betting on tennis with traditional bookies.

But I know that tennis is traded very heavily on Betfair and other exchanges.
    As we speak two ATP Challenger tour event finals will have traded close to €1 million each by the time the game is over.

In the exchange no one person is taking the risk, it's all spread, so with court siding the court sider is not making his bet against a single bookie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nlug065xfbyw9s

I watched that BBC documentary. Even though he was limited within hours he could easily make €10,000 and have another account in another persons name the following day. I'm surprised the bookmakers offer this betting option at all on tennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Any suggestions on how to watch the documentary form Ireland?

• Advertisement

There is a book about court siding called "Game, set and Ca$h".

I've not read it, just heard about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Can't understand why betting doesn't close on tennis matches after the first serve.
    That would eradicate this loophole.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement