Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cats

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

If they'd filmed James Corden's smug fat face reading all the reviews I'd pay money at a cinema to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

source.gif

Human face and human hands?

Ah, i'm giving this one a miss. It looks creepy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It'll be the G cert Showgirls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭p to the e

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Human face and human hands?

Ah, i'm giving this one a miss. It looks creepy :pac:

Also human breasts without nipples and for some reason clothes for some but not for others and......... well the whole thing is just weird nightmare fuel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brevity

This is going to be one of those once in a generation bad movies. A movie so bad and strange that it has to be watched.

I really wanna see it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

My old cat never had breasts like that if I recall correctly what a cat looks like.

Died some time a go tho.

Also, I think the mice and cockroaches have human faces.

What's alarming is that a feline Taylor Swift is going to be fapping inspiration for a new generation. We'll pay for this in the long term. Lock up your moggies!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I never even knew the "plot" of Cats until this movie came to be, but it reads absolutely morbid; effectively being about a death cult, where every year the gang ritualistically sacrifices one of its own. But, you know, with songs.

• Advertisement

One review draws a parallel with the Human Centipede!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

One review draws a parallel with the Human Centipede!

Okay, now I'm on board...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

It's a bit suss that none of the trailers I've seen for this musical have any singing in them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,089 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's a bit suss that none of the trailers I've seen for this musical have any singing in them.

To be fair to the cast, it’s very hard to sing while devouring the hopes and dreams of viewers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Who was the target audience for this? Who were the producers, writers and director thinking of when they were assembling this unholy abomination? I have a weakness for cats but I never expected to see the limit of my fondness for them until this.

30c3690b2ced06bab2454477fb803f47.gif

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Bradshaw in the guardian loved it
    Actually he thought it was sh1t
    So wrote in rhyme but it didn't save time
    For him or us
    Cats is a perfectly awful load of puss.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/dec/19/cats-review-tom-hooper-judi-dench-idris-elba-taylor-swift

I though that review was quite clever, so clever that I suspect it was written well in advance.
    When a film gets a mention in a mainstream news programme (e.g. PM on Radio Four this evening) it's either very good or very bad.
    But let's have a small cheer for bad films. There are such a lot of good films to see that it's reassuring that you can cross one off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

brevity wrote: »
    Also, I think the mice and cockroaches have human faces.

Think I read the only thing more horrifying than the cats' faces are the mice which have children's faces.

Watch this be the number 1 film upon release due to Taylor Swift fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

If he wasn't dead I'd have thought that they mispelt Tobe Hoppers name in the credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

CastorTroy wrote: »

If it beats Star Wars I'll be amazed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Mark admits he's seen it late so tried to go in finding the good, and well.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Think I read the only thing more horrifying than the cats' faces are the mice which have children's faces.

I’m stealing The top comment under Birthmoviesdeath.com’s review because I was also unaware of this horror until now and how can I not...

I feel like Cats is some sort of tome of eldritch lore. Every reviewer who talks about what they saw sounds like a gibbering lunatic broken by the enormity of the universe's true, utter chaos. This is a line from a review I read:

"Then Rebel Wilson unzipped herself and stepped out of her fursuit and proceeded to consume hundreds of tiny human/cockroach composites she trained to dance for her amusement."

I thought it was a joke. Some kind of weird reference I couldn't understand. And then I read similar words in another review. And another. And another. I am going to see this movie later today. I have to know. God help us. God help us all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait wait, there are mice & cockroaches with human faces? WTF, how the all that is holy did this get greenlit?

That Mark Kermode review itself is very telling, cos in fairness to him he'll always do his level best to find some positives (with noteworthy exceptions mind); you can hear him really struggling to NOT segue into a rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Ah I love Mark Kermode. I still watch his horrified, rage-filled Sex and the City 2 review occasionally, to give myself a guaranteed laugh. :pac: Definitely an exception to what pixelburp says about not allowing himself to slip into rant mode!

The children's faces on mice thing sounds like a whole other level of creepy for this movie. The trailer was bad enough! Doubt I'll go see it, but if I was going to go, it definitely sounds like a movie to go to with some mates after you've had three or four drinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Has anyone actually seen this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

CATS v1.12321242

Finally the age of digital delivery is starting to align with video games. I'll look forward to half finished movies, with promises of a more complete experience coming after. Where will this end up? What would be the film equivalent of Loot Drops; you just know there's some enterprising executive brain storming it now.

CATS v1.12321242

Finally the age of digital delivery is starting to align with video games. I'll look forward to half finished movies, with promises of a more complete experience coming after. Where will this end up? What would be the film equivalent of Loot Drops; you just know there's some enterprising executive brain storming it now.

DLC movies.

Films that are left open for interpretation will now have DLC that gives the film a proper ending

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,089 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Patch notes suggest they’re nerfing Mistoffelees and improving the frame rate in Blighttown.

Advertisement