Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone put me out of my misery... (who are these characters?)

• 11-06-2019 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Many many years ago, my brother had a bound volume of Spider-man comics that he had gotten somewhere. IIRC it was basically the US comics just bound together - didn't seem to be a thing that was sold in the shops necessarily.
    Obviously as the younger brother, I had limited access to this precious book, but I remember that one of the comics featured a duo called Brother Moon and Sister Ra (I believe).

The thing is there doesn't seem to be any Marvel (or DC) villain duo called anything like that. I've spent the weekend googling my brains out, and have come up blank.

Did I imagine the whole thing - my brother has no recollection of this comic collection at all? This would've been maybe early to mid 80s if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

corblimey wrote: »
    Many many years ago, my brother had a bound volume of Spider-man comics that he had gotten somewhere. IIRC it was basically the US comics just bound together - didn't seem to be a thing that was sold in the shops necessarily.
    Obviously as the younger brother, I had limited access to this precious book, but I remember that one of the comics featured a duo called Brother Moon and Sister Ra (I believe).

The thing is there doesn't seem to be any Marvel (or DC) villain duo called anything like that. I've spent the weekend googling my brains out, and have come up blank.

Did I imagine the whole thing - my brother has no recollection of this comic collection at all? This would've been maybe early to mid 80s if that helps.

Can't find an egyptian themed villian matching description on this list.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/deadstroke23/lists/marvel-characters-from-egypt/49714/

But, Cloak and Daggers first appearance could be a match.

This was in Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man #64 (March 1982).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Tks for the response, Jaydog. It was annoying me so much last night, I did what I was trying to avoid and went through 15 odd years of comic covers to see if anything jumped out at me. I finally found the pair in SSM #12.

Brother Power and Sister Sun, not very close to my original naming. I also realise now that they weren't bald as my memory serves, but that makes sense based on those helmets, lol.

Interestingly, none of the comics around SSM #12 look familiar, so I do still wonder what the collection was, but that particular fact is lost to history, I believe.

Advertisement