Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Of Thrones

• 08-05-2019 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have a direct page link to a bookies who is taking GOT bets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Seanachai wrote: »
    Does anybody have a direct page link to a bookies who is taking GOT bets?

Can't imagine any bookie is taking bets on GOT which is a show that has completed recording at which 100's of people would have been involved.....

(maybe I am too ignorant of what is out there though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Can't imagine any bookie is taking bets on GOT which is a show that has completed recording at which 100's of people would have been involved.....

(maybe I am too ignorant of what is out there though)

Now that you put it like that, my coffee-deprived brain has come to it's senses :o. It could be though that only a select few actually know and are subject to gagging orders. This article was out when the new series had started.

https://www.gambling.com/ie/online-betting/strategy/game-of-thrones-betting-odds-who-will-rule-westeros-1770600

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Don't know how true it was or how widespread it was but there is an old story from the mid 1990s about how Irish bookies got caught on bet for who shot Mr Burns in The Simpsons.

Folks coming back from J1s in the US had already seen the show that was not yet aired in Ireland and put big money on Maggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KristenHeigl

It made me laugh so hard I fell off the chair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 m8psuvw2gfkan3

If you google Game of Thrones Betting Markets you will see a website called MyBookie offering a few markets.

I am not familiar with this bookie so have a look at any T&Cs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rebecc29

Gas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Folks coming back from J1s in the US had already seen the show that was not yet aired in Ireland and put big money on Maggie.

Total amount bet at the time was about £3,000 between all bookies. Find me a single person who got a bet of more than £10 on, and I'll find you a liar.

Bookies took it as a novelty bet with the express intent of marketing their "hubris".

Just like when the tiger double happened a month or two ago, the headlines were full of "bookies will lose 3 million if tiger wins etc".

All nonsense. All marketing.

Advertisement