Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone into Funko Pop Vinyl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I was there today. The store wasn't overly busy but the shopping centre was bananas. Got 7 GNs for €35 though!

Ah yeah, I'm sure The Big Bang itself will be fine (comic book shops generally are), it's just that I'm somewhat spoiled with work that I mostly work from home and to my own schedule, so when school is in session and most people are stuck in an office or other 9-5 type jobs, I can pop down to the shops when they're reasonably quiet and not have people getting in my way - I have a low tolerance for other people when I'm going about my business, so I guess I've just gotten set in my ways a bit and just the idea of going near Dundrum on a Sunday seems like torture... I also used to work in a couple of different places in Dundrum while I was in college, and I'm not massively fond of the place so avoided it for years and only got used to actually venturing down there on occasion again over the last two years (mostly because I had ventured down to The Big Bang anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 33 booladen

Www.comicvault.ie have Pops and deliver in Ireland for €5 or free on orders over €50

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Not a fan of these myself but they seem quite popular, Big Bang are selling for a fiver. Not sure if it's today only tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

L.S.F wrote: »
    Not a fan of these myself but they seem quite popular, Big Bang are selling for a fiver. Not sure if it's today only tho.

Yeah its all weekend. I had work stuff yesterday I couldn't get out off so I'd say all the good stuff is gone.

Bit of a trip for me so probably gonna leave it off. I always miss their sale stuff :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah its all weekend. I had work stuff yesterday I couldn't get out off so I'd say all the good stuff is gone.

Bit of a trip for me so probably gonna leave it off. I always miss their sale stuff :(

Tbh, I was in yesterday and there were pretty much no good pops there (for what I was looking for, which is Marvel pops that I don't already have). So either all the good stuff went in the first 45 minutes (which feels unlikely because I reckon it woulda been busier if that were the case) OR they're getting all the crap off the shelves first and you'll actually find the good stuff on Sunday....! I'd say smart money is on the good stuff rolling out over the course of today and tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Anyone got one of darth maul?? If so I'll gladly buy it!!

So just realised http://www.popinabox.co.uk/ deliver to Ireland, with a really good rate, only €4? Expecting something funky to come up on my billing. So basically three random pops delivered a month for guts of €30 all in.

Considering standard pricing is €14.99, nice little saving.

Also be cool to just randomly get three a month, still probably pickup the ones I specifically want in shops, but collection will definitely grow!

*EDIT Only signed up today and they have sent me a pack already ! En route!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭racersedge

So just realised http://www.popinabox.co.uk/ deliver to Ireland, with a really good rate, only €4? Expecting something funky to come up on my billing. So basically three random pops delivered a month for guts of €30 all in.

Considering standard pricing is €14.99, nice little saving.

Also be cool to just randomly get three a month, still probably pickup the ones I specifically want in shops, but collection will definitely grow!

*EDIT Only signed up today and they have sent me a pack already ! En route!

Would/Could make a good alternative to ordering from Forbidden Planet. Unfortunately after scanning through for some that would be interesting, there is a lot marked 'sold out'. Will be sure to check them out though to see if that changes.

I do like that they have a standardised shipping though. That was something that until recently, Forbidden Planet didn't offer which led to delays in shipping until it was packed you paid separately for shipping. Primarily use them for the ones I know I have no chance of finding here.

Edit: Actually.. just looked at the cost of trying to ship them from Forbidden Planet... beat the suffering that seems to have gone up... :|

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have some to swap, Poe Dameron, Jamie Lanister and Jack Skellington all in box and good condition.

A pic of our collection so far, the Harry Potter pops & GOTG are herselfs & Star Wars are mine.

IMG_2414_zpsl4hdijfq.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice Harry Potter collection, have Hagrid and Bellatrix so far, I keep mine in the box though.

Nice Harry Potter collection, have Hagrid and Bellatrix so far, I keep mine in the box though.

I was considering leaving them in the box also but they are so mass produced that they won't hold much monetary value either way. My missus has all the boxes kept tho.

I don't understand keeping them boxed. None of them will ever be worth anything, boxed or otherwise.

Just nicer to keep them like that, I have a signed pop of Fry from Futurama and a Pirates of the Caribbean Barbossa and Jack the monkey from New York Comic Con 1000 of them were made, they will both stay in their boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭racersedge

If there is money to be made with these, it would come through producing tiered shelving display units to showcase them and be space saving.

Tried looking for some and either are crazy expensive because they are from the likes of the States or ones used for housing boxed ones. Heck even looked at those perspex pieces jewelery shops would use and they are maddeningly costly to get your hands on from what you might consider.

I've currently jury rigged a stepped platform for them using perspex drawer inserts :P have tried intention of trying to produce something out of wood to just provide three tiers to show them off - if I had the skills for that! :D

I don't understand keeping them boxed. None of them will ever be worth anything, boxed or otherwise.

I had them boxed after my last move as it was just easier to display, but have moved to unbox and have them on display now.

I am not looking to flip anything down the line, so I'm cool unboxing.

Have a plan with some IKEA stuff to make a proper display, be it in my current house or when I own my home(lul)

There is some monetary worth. Obviously there are the ranges that are limited edition, and ones then get "vaulted" which means they get retired. Dark Knight Bane is a good example of one that fetches in excuess of €50, and Princess Leia was fetching over €100 on Ebay after Carrie Fisher passed.

This is my current collection (minus a few) that I had on a box display, but it was just getting too high.

https://www.reddit.com/r/funkopop/comments/5jr0s9/the_collection_at_present_feel_i_need_a_better/

I had them boxed after my last move as it was just easier to display, but have moved to unbox and have them on display now.

I am not looking to flip anything down the line, so I'm cool unboxing.

Have a plan with some IKEA stuff to make a proper display, be it in my current house or when I own my home(lul)

There is some monetary worth. Obviously there are the ranges that are limited edition, and ones then get "vaulted" which means they get retired. Dark Knight Bane is a good example of one that fetches in excuess of €50, and Princess Leia was fetching over €100 on Ebay after Carrie Fisher passed.

This is my current collection (minus a few) that I had on a box display, but it was just getting too high.

https://www.reddit.com/r/funkopop/comments/5jr0s9/the_collection_at_present_feel_i_need_a_better/

Nice collection!! Ultron looks awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Plenty of Funko pops are worth hundreds and even thousands.

I have a few worth between $60-$90.

Mostly ones from conventions a few years ago go for mad money, chase figures are worth a lot too. The D23 disney pops and San Diego ones from 2012 where only a few hundred or less were released. My Barbossa which is 1/1000 isn't worth much but the Qui-Gon Jinn one released around the same time is worth hundreds now, I'm trying to buy characters I like rather than ones to sell, any spares I have or ones I don't want I'd rather swap than sell.

Mostly ones from conventions a few years ago go for mad money, chase figures are worth a lot too. The D23 disney pops and San Diego ones from 2012 where only a few hundred or less were released. My Barbossa which is 1/1000 isn't worth much but the Qui-Gon Jinn one released around the same time is worth hundreds now, I'm trying to buy characters I like rather than ones to sell, any spares I have or ones I don't want I'd rather swap than sell.

Yeah I'm the same, only interested in figures I like.

I got lucky and picked up the Joker bank robber and the Scott Pilgrim and Knives Chau from NYCC in store for normal retail price.

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    Plenty of Funko pops are worth hundreds and even thousands.

I have a few worth between $60-$90.

I was talking in general terms about the run of the mill ones. There's obviously the outliers that'll be worth more but they're not really the ones we were discussing.

I don't really count ones between $60 and $90 as being worth much tbh.

I was talking in general terms about the run of the mill ones. There's obviously the outliers that'll be worth more but they're not really the ones we were discussing.

I don't really count ones between $60 and $90 as being worth much tbh.

Ah I see.

Well if you pay €15 for something that goes for €80 now it's not a bad situation if you ever decide to sell your collection. I wouldn't dream of paying that much for one of them myself so I think it's a decent amount.

I got lucky and picked up the Joker bank robber and the Scott Pilgrim and Knives Chau from NYCC in store for normal retail price.

Damn that Bank Robber one is a nice one to have.

I'm similar, just grabbing the ones I want. Over Christmas there was some good offers in gamestop doing 3for2 and then Stephens day all Pop half price. Easons with their 3for2 also.

So I pretty much grabbed most of the Rogue One collection. No Darth Vaders anywhere I checked though.

Actually, was annoyed to see I don't have Darth Vader in my collection. Easons run a consistent 3 for 2 offer, so I have two Vaders and a Luke in my basket for pay day :D

Any interested to see what comes in these pop in a box things. It's shipped, but for some reason the tracking stuff they give you doesnt really work : /

I'd say through the year I'm going to try complete a full Star Wars collection and maybe one or two others, maybe TV shows I'm into or something.

I'm similar, just grabbing the ones I want. Over Christmas there was some good offers in gamestop doing 3for2 and then Stephens day all Pop half price. Easons with their 3for2 also.

So I pretty much grabbed most of the Rogue One collection. No Darth Vaders anywhere I checked though.

Actually, was annoyed to see I don't have Darth Vader in my collection. Easons run a consistent 3 for 2 offer, so I have two Vaders and a Luke in my basket for pay day :D

Any interested to see what comes in these pop in a box things. It's shipped, but for some reason the tracking stuff they give you doesnt really work : /

I'd say through the year I'm going to try complete a full Star Wars collection and maybe one or two others, maybe TV shows I'm into or something.

Loads of darth Vaders in GameStop over Christmas that's when I picked mine up

Just got a Tatooine Luke in Forbidden Planet basement for €5 last one left over from black Friday sale. Will go nice with my Yoda. They have Dark Maul for €14 too but not today I said.

Just got a Tatooine Luke in Forbidden Planet basement for €5 last one left over from black Friday sale. Will go nice with my Yoda. They have Dark Maul for €14 too but not today I said.

Darth Maul is ridiculously rare.

This forbidden planet in Dublin city centre, on the quays?

Yes only 3 left when I was in there earlier they're on the funko stand facing the wall on the left hand side of the store. Not on the wall itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

My OH is mad into these things, so I've ended up buying a lot of them as presents for her for all occasions, it's handy in a way, last one i got was Rose from the Golden Girls, I must get her to get them all together and get a pic of them....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

406913.jpg

Advertisement