Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newstalk - Breakfast Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

You could almost hear the laughter when Ivan and the business guy were discussing UTV Irelands expected losses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Lapin wrote: »
    The whole mother in law thing on Newstalk Breakfast the last few mornings is silly. It's a news programme, not a Les Dawson tribute show.

No its a breakfast show, i like the fact that its not up its own @rse and 100% serious like Morning Ireland.

Its catering for a certain market and the numbers show that its working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The mother in law thing also stemmed from a story they covered during the paper reviews I think it was.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The mother in law thing also stemmed from a story they covered during the paper reviews I think it was.

Yep and it was meant to produce texts...........which cost 30 cent...........nuff said !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Chris discussing some story about dogs this morning referring to a bitch as a 'lady dog'....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Expunge

There was a lad on with Ivan on St. Patrick's morning as co-host. I have heard him as a reporter on Newstalk Breakfast on a number of occasions.
    Thought he did very well. He was relaxed, interviews were coherent and not given to showboating histrionics and gelled well with Ivan, I thought.
    He did great.

Can't think of his name, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Expunge wrote: »
    There was a lad on with Ivan on St. Patrick's morning as co-host. I have heard him as a reporter on Newstalk Breakfast on a number of occasions.
    Thought he did very well. He was relaxed, interviews were coherent and not given to showboating histrionics and gelled well with Ivan, I thought.
    He did great.

Can't think of his name, sorry.

Kieran Cuddihy is the guy you are thinking of I believe. He is quire versatile as a reporter and as a stand-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ya I find it awful drivel, the "banter" the constant name checking. yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Would they ever get rid of that insufferable eejit droning on about music like a bishop at a pulpit. John Meagher is his name. Instant off-switch moment.

conorh91 wrote: »
    Would they ever get rid of that insufferable eejit droning on about music like a bishop at a pulpit. John Meagher is his name. Instant off-switch moment.

+1 and i find that Chris climbs up his @sre as well !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

When Ivan yates is trashing something to do with Irish water ya KNOW someones fupped up !

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

When Ivan yates is trashing something to do with Irish water ya KNOW someones fupped up !

:)

INM will continue to do a hatchet job on Irish Water, then there boss Denis o Brien will swoop in and buy it for peanuts!

Just like he did with Siteserv. And a couple of hundred million of bank Dept's written off as well!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

conorh91 wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

much better this week

• Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Have they said why Chris is off this week? Wonder is the double-jobbing proving too much for him...

Have they said why Chris is off this week? Wonder is the double-jobbing proving too much for him...

He's on holidays in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Chris would wanna be careful about taking a day off, Coleman is the kiddy.

Chris would wanna be careful about taking a day off, Coleman is the kiddy.

Colemnan is being primed to take over from Hook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I prefer Coleman

No Ivan = Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

No Ivan = Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring !!!!

Pointless tuning in when Chris and Ivan aren't there together. Even though they both have a tendency to ham it up (especially Ivan), they're a very good double act and a lot more entertaining than Morning Ireland.

Its a borefast orgy this morning with smug 1 and smug 2 in place.

Kieran Cuddihy is so smug and is so far up his own @rse i don't know how his voice isn't muffled !

And Chris just plays off him, i'm just glad there's no music review on this morning or its possible they could explode with a smugness orgasm !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Brookleft

I really dislike Ivan Yeates.

Brookleft wrote: »
    I really dislike Ivan Yeates.

You really must if you went to the bother of registering here just to say it:p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think Chris and Ciaran work better together than Chris and Shane tbh.

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Having any of them without Ivan is like having a salad sambo when you really want a fillet steak !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I can't stand Ivan either.Tries too hard to be irreverent and his attempts to be the average man just annoy me.

Far prefer the show when he is off.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Having any of them without Ivan is like having a salad sambo when you really want a fillet steak !

Ah, but a salad sandwich is nice every now and then. Satisfies the hunger nicely without being outstandingly tasty, and makes the steak taste all the sweeter when you finally get around to making it!

Laboured metaphors ago-go! :D :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

wnolan1992 wrote: »

agreed, I don't think Shane works at all outside of talking politics which hes not great at either. Bit like Chris he seems like a nice guy but he hasn't got that cut throat commentary or interview style needed. As soon as he begins to air a personal opinion on something he goes all softly spoken and turns is into a "some would suggest" type of approach so as not to offend or say the wrong thing that would make him fall out of favour with listeners. The complete polar opposite of Ivan and Hook (hook who I can not stand btw) but their opinionated arrogant, loud mouthed stubbornness on air is entertaining. Coleman and Donoghue both trying to outdo themselves in a popularity contest are a serious bore fest, especially when put together.

Who's yer man standing in for Jonathon Healy, thought he was very good and would be a lot better on either Hooks slot or the morning slot instead of either Chris Donoghue and Shane Coleman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

agreed, I don't think Shane works at all outside of talking politics which hes not great at either. Bit like Chris he seems like a nice guy but he hasn't got that cut throat commentary or interview style needed. As soon as he begins to air a personal opinion on something he goes all softly spoken and turns is into a "some would suggest" type of approach so as not to offend or say the wrong thing that would make him fall out of favour with listeners. The complete polar opposite of Ivan and Hook (hook who I can not stand btw) but their opinionated arrogant, loud mouthed stubbornness on air is entertaining. Coleman and Donoghue both trying to outdo themselves in a popularity contest are a serious bore fest, especially when put together.

Who's yer man standing in for Jonathon Healy, thought he was very good and would be a lot better on either Hooks slot or the morning slot instead of either Chris Donoghue and Shane Coleman.

What your saying is that Coleman/Chris are too PC whereas George an Ivan are not (which I personally prefer):D

The stand in for Jonathan is John Keogh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement