Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 6 - Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

ElTel wrote: »
    Aurier and Rose didn't travel to Greece.
    (Foyth and Sessegnon still injured.)
    Looking at Spurs fans tweets and Aurier can’t do 2 games so close right now? But KWP was t played and Sanchez at RB was widely frowned on

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I brought in Aurier at the weekend. I wanted to do Barnes to Abraham but to manage it I had to downgrade Otamendi to someone for 4.9m. I took a punt on Aurier in the hope he was going to get a run at the RB spot. I'm hoping his good performance against Palace, and the fact Spurs weren't great in his absence today, will see him get the nod against Leicester. I get the feeling Poch still isn't convinced by him though...

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Nothing I’m really desperate to do and have 2 transfers so need to use at least 1. Does Ederson and Pieters out for Pope and Otamendi seem reasonable? To save around 0.8 and basically leave me the same team and then decide next week what to spend the windfall on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Nothing I’m really desperate to do and have 2 transfers so need to use at least 1. Does Ederson and Pieters out for Pope and Otamendi seem reasonable? To save around 0.8 and basically leave me the same team and then decide next week what to spend the windfall on?

Yeah they are really nice transfers, no loss of clean sheet potential and probably more chance of bonus, saves etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Any update on Mount? What’s the injury damage.

There is no one I can transfer too. Do I hold & start Cantwell or is it long term injury?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

WC not used as first tempted.

4pt hit - Ake to Rico, Greenwood to Pukki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Current team of

Pope Norris

Taa vvd amn Johnson guilbert

Salah sterling Anderson Ricky mount

Haller Wesley Gallagher

Probably looking at keeping mount as it seems it'll be short term

Anderson --> cantwell
    Gallagher --> kean/barnes

Or

Anderson --> maddison
    Johnson --> lundstram

Have been tempted to wildcard but I can't find a team I'm happy to settle on yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Any update on Mount? What’s the injury damage.

There is no one I can transfer too. Do I hold & start Cantwell or is it long term injury?

Last I read he was hoping to be in for the Chelsea game. Doesn't appear to be long term but might be best to wait until Lampard's presser (might be tomorrow?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Gonna get rid of:
    Grealish - Mee - Coleman

For:

Engels / Vestagaard - Ricarlson - D Silva

1 Ft and will cost 8 pts. Not sure I want to go down the wild card road yet. Any thoughts?

James out
    Lamela in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think I know what I'm doing which is to take a punt on bringing in Aguero as I think he could be due one of his customary 20+ points hauls against Watford, and in general I just think is a safer bet for returns (when starting) than Sterling.

I want to go heavy on City despite last week's slip up (have KDB too).

Main decision is do I want to go:

D.Silva + 4.5 defender (maybe Tomori from Chelsea)

or Mount + Otamendi

I think D.Silva is excellent value. Then again I do think City will churn out some cleanies, and Otamendi was a superb scorer two seasons ago. Capable of popping up with a goal or sneaking a bonus or too if City don't hammer the opposition. Otamendi safer too. Not really sure if Mount is the real deal though and likely I'll be bringing in Abraham after the Liverpool match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

GBX wrote: »
    Gonna get rid of:
    Grealish - Mee - Coleman

For:

Engels / Vestagaard - Ricarlson - D Silva

1 Ft and will cost 8 pts. Not sure I want to go down the wild card road yet. Any thoughts?

Guilbert has the right back slot fairly nailed at Villa for 4.4 as an Engels alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Just played my WC, can I get thoughts lads thanks

Gunn

Aurier
    Matip
    Lundstram

Salah
    KDB
    Son
    Douglas Luiz

Vardy
    Aubamayang (c)
    Abraham

Button
    Diop
    Hayden
    Rico

No Aguero OR Sterling makes my teeth itch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Was going to bring in PEA for kane but seeing him starting tonight has me concerned. Was going PEA and Zaha for kane and Mount who I don't think will be fit

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Was going to bring in PEA for kane but seeing him starting tonight has me concerned. Was going PEA and Zaha for kane and Mount who I don't think will be fit

I was tortured with owning (and swapping) Aubameyang and Lacazette last year.

There is no certainty with Emery and there’s every chance I’ll own neither this season because of it.

If there was a manager there that would play them, every game, I’d strongly consider owning both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Morzadec wrote: »
    I think I know what I'm doing which is to take a punt on bringing in Aguero.

I think D.Silva is excellent value.

Bringing in Aguero is never a punt - he’s the most in form striker in an attacking team.

On Dilvia - he’s great value but is he guaranteed his place every week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

There is no chance Auba doesn't start this weekend with Laca injured if that is your concern. It could affect his performance though. He's still a good choice for the next 10 GWs or so.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    There is no chance Auba doesn't start this weekend with Laca injured if that is your concern. It could affect his performance though. He's still a good choice for the next 10 GWs or so.

Gave him the full 90 mins tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gave him the full 90 mins tonight too.

Ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Gunn

Aurier
    Matip
    Lundstram

Salah
    KDB
    Son
    Douglas Luiz

Vardy
    Aubamayang (c)
    Abraham

Button
    Diop
    Hayden
    Rico

No Aguero or Sterling is asking for a hiding imo

It may be template, but id go Vardy to Aguero, and Son to someone like Cantwell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Mount flag removed, now who to bench, mount, Cantrell or James.
    Mount v James big case of form v fixtures, with mount edging it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

skippy15 wrote: »
    Mount flag removed, now who to bench, mount, Cantrell or James.
    Mount v James big case of form v fixtures, with mount edging it?

His flags not removed. And after checking around there's no update on his fitness.

Still a major doubt for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

King Kun is back in my team and all is now right with the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭yozico

Any thoughts on Sterling + King to Lamela + Aguero?

I think sterling is due a goal and he played PL - CL - PL at this stage last season so not nailed on to be rested. But Aguero is on form right now and I don't wanna miss out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

King Kun is back in my team and all is now right with the world.
    Yeah Kun's a must. Only drawback is that Jesus is back which means a return to Aguero coming off with twenty/twenty-five minutes to go if City are cruising.

Kane and Mount out. Kun and Cantwell in. Captain kun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

After flirting with the sideways move of Sterling to Aguero I've decided to play it simple this week. Robbo (have VVD already) to Otamendi & Haller to Pukki. I've left in late to this bandwagon but now as good a time as any

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Noddy86

Just seen that Martial out again. I've persevered with him since he got injured as I expected him back. I'll have to take a 4 point hit now to get rid. Otherwise I stick with what I have meaning gambling on Greenwood getting points.

So... take a hit on MArtial to get D. Silva or an equivalent in or save the 4 points and gamble on Greenwood.

Leno

Mings
    Dunk
    Lundstram

Salah (C)
    Sterling
    De Bruyne
    Neves

Pukki
    Kane
    Greenwood

Pope, Rico, Kelly, Martial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Auba and Lowton IN. King (good riddance!) and VVD OUT. 2FTs.

Advertisement