Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Discussion Thread *Mod Warning Post 1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Same for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Sorry don't know where else to put this.....
    Moved here from the off topic thread

@smurfjed, what are the 2 aircraft you posted pics of in the photo thread? And what's the LCD on the glareshield of the first one? I've never seen that before

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Do you mean the display circled in Blue?
    34229436613_0b7b4737cb_c.jpg
    Its called the display controller, it controls the various NAV MODES, Sensors, Speed display, Thrust etc etc. There are two, one per pilot, its also in the G550 but harder to see in the photo that I took.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Phil.x

smurfjed wrote: »
    41301091580_2fcebf4641.jpg

What is that? A jumbo come a380

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Phil.x wrote: »
    What is that? A jumbo come a380

Antonov-124-100

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Blue Punto wrote: »
    An early start on Saturday saw me at Dublin at 5am for the start of the arrivals.
    As the morning went on the weather played ball and I was happy with the results.
    I even got trigger happy with Ryanair and Aerlingus

A lot more here ...... https://flic.kr/s/aHsmjgqaVw

Comments welcome
    Thanks for looking

Great shots there nial

Was just wondering is there normally 3 Ethiopian routing through Dublin and where are they going too, I was under the impression that it was only the outbound to LAX that stopped in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

mayotom wrote: »
    Great shots there nial

Was just wondering is there normally 3 Ethiopian routing through Dublin and where are they going too, I was under the impression that it was only the outbound to LAX that stopped in dublin

Not too sure but I was glad to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

mayotom wrote: »
    Great shots there nial

There’s also a flight to Canada (Toronto or Vancouver, can’t remember) that transits regularly these days, not sure of a third.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    The Shark Jet on tour, in Dublin today...

2dc7k9s.jpg

Sin ugly. What a waste of money.

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I actually like it:o

The engines on the E2 look massive in proportion to the fuselage.

It's not the plane that's ugly, it's the livery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Comhrá

An Airbus A388 VH-OQI at SydneyAirport - you can see a person by the nosewheel which shows the immense size of this plane.

Photo credit: Avgeek Mel @AvgeekMel (Twitter) https://twitter.com/AvgeekMel/status/1093056703300481024

DyViVPtWwAUB7ne.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Niall Moran posted some amazing photos on the Aviation & Aircraft *no discussion* page

I am particularly interested in any information on the following:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/niallsaviation/33486191688/

My Wife is Thai, & these planes seem to be Thai also. Also, the 2 tail-fins, are they different colour coded? And if so, they are 2 different owners?

Any information, much appreciated.

They belong to His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn & operated by the Thai Airforce

He has 4 737's in total including HS-HRH which is ex EI-BXD of Aerlingus

Thank you for your kind comment by the way

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Davy wrote: »

Cant be the morning as the sun is in the west , the photo was taken in the evening or afternoon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cant be the morning as the sun is in the west , the photo was taken in the evening or afternoon.

Yeah that was noticed pretty quick on twitter as well, but still a great shot either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

Fly Saudia twice a week at the moment, if you're knocking around Riyadh give us a shout.

@Jude13, they are having an airshow at your local air base tomorrow 1630-1800 and Saturday 1330-1500 and again 1630-1800 local times. It was fun to watch last year.

They had an test air raid siren at 1pm yesterday, I had to fly out Wednesday night so missed all the fun. I have a team right beside the air base in Riyadh and regularly see jets whizzing past, too quick to photographed and also not the best thing to do on a government site.

Jude13 wrote: »
    dvYXegF.jpg

zvIleI4.jpg

That museum is worth visiting if you get the times right.

This is what it looked like before they started using it as a billboard.

26923679279_f546a4b649_c.jpg

I need to drop in and have a look alright. I love the tri star. King Salman air base is next door so I should keep the camera app open more often

Emirates-Airbus-A380-A6-EOI-30-September-2019-at-Glasgow-Airport.jpg

That's a fantastic shot. Really captures the unique shape of the inner wing - supposedly the first aircraft wing designed as a continuous curve rather than a number of straight sectiions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It is certainly is a surprising outline. As an aside, the aircraft is absolutely massive when it passes over you at that distance!

EULfJQH.jpg

Russians in town.

Must be the cars, boss isn’t due for a few more days.

• Advertisement

Thought he was there the day before yesterday or yesterday, looked like it in the DQ.

Advertisement