Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shannon - spotting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

would love to see airforce one but have no interest in seeing himself or all the hype. could anyone recommend a good spot to avoid crowds, protesters and the likes . or if I waited till everyone left and died down would I still be able to see it out on the tarmac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

snoopy84 wrote: »
    would love to see airforce one but have no interest in seeing himself or all the hype. could anyone recommend a good spot to avoid crowds, protesters and the likes . or if I waited till everyone left and died down would I still be able to see it out on the tarmac

If he comes in on RW 24 then there are plenty of spots, but I've heard for security reasons he will be using The
    W06 (comes in over the water).

It really does depend on the wind speed and direction on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Will access be allowed to these areas on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Shannon will be on lockdown I imagine employers in the area had to provide lists of staff and their car regs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

kilburn wrote: »
    Shannon will be on lockdown I imagine employers in the area had to provide lists of staff and their car regs

That's only for the industrial estates, you'll be grand for the looking spots once you bring ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BZ

A rare sight in European in sky's a Gulfstream 2 currently on the ground in SNN for a fuel stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

BZ wrote: »
    A rare sight in European in sky's a Gulfstream 2 currently on the ground in SNN for a fuel stop.

A fairly active aircraft:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N36PN/history/20190630/0210Z/KBGR/EINN

Pretty rare sight landed in SNN an hour ago. A Cubana TU-204 from Gander heading on to Russia tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Anybody know what 767 landed around 2pm?

Red/orange colour off it. Was blocked on FR24

• Advertisement

EI111 SNN to JFK is returning. Did a u turn off the West Coast and now over Galway heading back to SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Shiny new British Airways A350 over Wales inbound for training. G-XWBA as BA9160

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The A350 looked lovely, also noticed the US VP had a BBJ there and a couple of helicopters, about 5 SSJ-100's, are these all of the aircraft that were supposed to be operated by Cityjet?

A Saudi Government G4 overnighted, and a Global was parked up by Westair.

I expected to see a lot more A320 from the various leasing companies but alas it was not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

smurfjed wrote: »
    The A350 looked lovely, also noticed the US VP had a BBJ there and a couple of helicopters, about 5 SSJ-100's, are these all of the aircraft that were supposed to be operated by Cityjet?

A Saudi Government G4 overnighted, and a Global was parked up by Westair.

I expected to see a lot more A320 from the various leasing companies but alas it was not to be.

The SSJs are the ex-Cityjet ones, still looking for a new taker.

The post-summer period is busier in terms of aircraft coming off lease etc. and this year, with the MAX debacle still ongoing, there is a requirement for replacement capacity amongst the European charter airlines that are affected. Therefore I wouldn't expect to see too many A320-family aircraft parked at the moment.

F-WXWB,A350 on the way in for some cross wind approaches.

US Air Force C130 due in later around 2030. tail number 01793

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

The Globemaster that's in should be leaving soon too, seeing as Pence is gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

The Globemaster that's in should be leaving soon too, seeing as Pence is gone

Sitting on the runway about to take off now

BA's second A350-1000 due into SNN this evening around 1645 for training again by the looks of it.

2 Eastern Air 767s on their way into SNN from Miami arrival around midday. Believe they could be getting into position in case Thomas Cook goes under.

• Advertisement

BZ wrote: »
    2 Eastern Air 767s on their way into SNN from Miami arrival around midday. Believe they could be getting into position in case Thomas Cook goes under.

N703KW and N700KW. A third, N705KW, due just around midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

BZ wrote:

Who would be paying to fly them over already?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Who would be paying to fly them over already?
    The British government has agreed to fund charter flights to bring stranded Uk citizens home

Link: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49790609

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

N703KW and N700KW. A third, N705KW, due just around midnight.

It’s about 40 mins delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Kallita Air 747 on the way into Shannon in about an hour from Istanbul.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Oops! wrote: »
    Kallita Air 747 on the way into Shannon in about an hour from Istanbul.

Seem to be daily now.
    Are these cargo planes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

Horse transport flights i think.

Oops! wrote: »
    Horse transport flights i think.

Fuel stops and cargo drop off / pick operating on behalf of Turkish Airlines Cargo.

MD 11,N546JN, north of London inbound Shannon
    747 G-CLAE due in later around 1700

• Advertisement

MD 11,N546JN, north of London inbound Shannon
    747 G-CLAE due in later around 1700

N546JN returning to SNN with an emergency.

Advertisement