Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JJayoo wrote: »
    I would have assumed the main danger is that the bar is being pulled back down much faster than normal, so you have less time to get under the bar regardless of weight

That’s gonna increasing chances of missing too. And contributes to the bar being slingshotted at your legs. I’m kinda curious what the outcome was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Reminds me of this doozy from a few years back

Full version for anyone that could be bothered here

Made my own protein Nutella-style spread last night using chocolate whey, cocoa powder, peanut butter and water. Tastes nice. More chocolatey and less sweet than Nutella. But looks wise, it resembles Bovril and I now sort of don't trust it.

Will try vary it a bit in future by using less water/more peanut butter for texture. Maybe a different nut butter. And might use hot chocolate powder instead of cocoa for a sweeter flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

might use hot chocolate powder instead of cocoa for a sweeter flavour.
    Most hot chocolate powder is just sugar & cocoa, so do not go buying it if you already have the cocoa. Put sugar in a good blender to powder it up, or as you are using water you could just heat it up to make a syrup and then let it cool.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy it for this alone. Have some at the back of the press from baking. The chocolate whey I have is manky (GNC gold) so was looking for some way of consuming it.

But I also have golden syrup in the press so yay, even less work the next time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I got my 20 euro pack of fulfil peanut butter bars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The strawberry and vanilla ones must be gack. The canteen at work had a 2-for-1 deal on Fulfil bars and loads of them left.
    Spar have them for €2 a pop now as well.

I think they have stopped making these ones now, and they have stopped the lemon ones too.

I definitely think the latest few are the nicest, but the earliest ones use stevia instead of maltitol so it's a trade off I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Lad in the gym last night was doing deadlifts with his friend in the rack beside me.

Says to his friend that this grip is going...was about root in my bag to dog out liquid chalk but he'd apparently found the solution in the meantime: poured a little water from his bottle onto his hands and rubbed them together.

Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Lad in the gym last night was doing deadlifts with his friend in the rack beside me.

Says to his friend that this grip is going...was about root in my bag to dog out liquid chalk but he'd apparently found the solution in the meantime: poured a little water from his bottle onto his hands and rubbed them together.

Magic.
    Uisce Beatha: The Water of Lift

D'Agger wrote: »
    Uisce Beatha: The Water of Lift

Which is why whiskey and deadlifts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Random vid of some lad doing squats with 120kg while standing on a medicine ball

I can't embed

https://youtu.be/m0E2_THE-CE

JJayoo wrote: »
    Random vid of some lad doing squats with 120kg while standing on a medicine ball

I can't embed

https://youtu.be/m0E2_THE-CE

Racked it before the command.

Three red lights, I'm afraid.

I was doing some kettlebell carries the other day, latest fixation of mine, and I began wondering.

what's the world record Press/Waiter's carry?, and
    what's the heaviest kettlebell in existence? Both comp and non comp I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I caught a video to do a 30 sitting squat challenge to increase squat flexibility, basically get into a sitting squat hold on to something if you need to, first day 1 min, second day 2min...30th day 30 min, it doesn't have to be continuous.
    first 2 days I had to hold on to something , did 3rd day in the middle of a gym session and didn't have to hold on to anything and yesterday at home half in half so obviously a little easier if you are warmed up.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Anyone any experience with some of the vegan protein powders? Or is it plant based protein powders now :D. Looking at trying t introduce a vegan day into my week and would like this to supplement the diet that day. Also plan on checking out that Harry Pot... Clarence* vegan diet video posted here a while back to get some suggestions.

I'll probably be putting an order through with myproteinpowder today so any tips appreciated in terms of aminos, mixablity and taste. The more it feels like whey the better.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Anyone any experience with some of the vegan protein powders? Or is it plant based protein powders now :D. Looking at trying t introduce a vegan day into my week and would like this to supplement the diet that day. Also plan on checking out that Harry Pot... Clarence* vegan diet video posted here a while back to get some suggestions.

I'll probably be putting an order through with myproteinpowder today so any tips appreciated in terms of aminos, mixablity and taste. The more it feels like whey the better.
    Also interested in this, trying to eat more plant based and vegetarian, cutting down on dairy also, that said I have a tonne of whey to go through. My compromise here is that I'm going to start taking it with soy/almond/oat milk, I've also bought myproteins vegan protein bars to have in the drawer at work - only 12g protein per bar so not as good as fulfil but they're tasty out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Soya protein powder from bulkpowders is grand. I also made a quiche recently with a scoop of it mixed in with the eggs and soya cream

Also if you can get to a giant tesco i can recommend the alpro soya high protein yogurt

bluewolf wrote: »
    Soya protein powder from bulkpowders is grand. I also made a quiche recently with a scoop of it mixed in with the eggs and soya cream

Also if you can get to a giant tesco i can recommend the alpro soya high protein yogurt
    Actually, it's funny you mention Tesco - I went there yesterday and they'd a tonne of options for milks, yogurts, cheese alternatives etc. thought it was pretty cool how much they catered to non-dairy/vegan

I stocked up on different beans, pasta and veg mainly but I reckon I'll try do my shopping in tesco going forward, they seem better for having individual, non plastic wrapped veg than Aldi imo

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

D'Agger wrote: »
    Also interested in this, trying to eat more plant based and vegetarian, cutting down on dairy also, that said I have a tonne of whey to go through. My compromise here is that I'm going to start taking it with soy/almond/oat milk, I've also bought myproteins vegan protein bars to have in the drawer at work - only 12g protein per bar so not as good as fulfil but they're tasty out.

I tried the chocolate PhD vegan protein bar (https://www.phd.com/phd-smart-bar-plant-12x64g) not because I care about vegan but because it's lactose free and also free of polyol sweeteners, and it's not too bad. 20g of protein per bar which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭dango

Have been using the vegan protein powder from bulkpowders with peanut butter and oatly milk for the last couple of months. No complains and I feel better for reducing dairy intake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'd really love if they put something like this in my business park - would be great to get an outdoor run and some work done on lunch break

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

ERMAGEEERRRRRD!!!

That's so functional!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

silverharp wrote: »

ERMAGEEERRRRRD!!!

That's so functional!

Well actually........apart from the mask I do the same thing in the gym. Knee rehab. Basically builds your balance and core.

It starts with simply one legged stands on a body ball, then you add variations to try to throw your balance off. Why not throw in a kettle bell clean and press?

I don’t get the mask though.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Brian? wrote: »

Looks like one of those oxygen restrictors. Meant to simulate altitude training or something.

Looks like one of those oxygen restrictors. Meant to simulate altitude training or something.
    That’s the claim. But it’s likely complete nonsense though.
    The air you are getting through it has just as much oxygen as normal. Unlike the low oxygen air at altitude that causes RBC adaption.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Ahhh.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Well actually........apart from the mask I do the same thing in the gym. Knee rehab. Basically builds your balance and core.

It starts with simply one legged stands on a body ball, then you add variations to try to throw your balance off. Why not throw in a kettle bell clean and press?

I kind of get the rationale. The mask makes me think its just an exercise in nonsense.

Was an odd guy in Raw I saw with one of those masks training for the zombie apocalypse. Tackling and wrestling punch bags. Cuckoo.

• Advertisement

maybe he just wants to be like Bane

Advertisement