Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I am working hard at getting into 'Bake Off' shape. :D

I have been described as doughy. And who doesn’t like dough. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bake off on the telly accompanied with treats. It’s beginning to feel a lot like....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    Bake off on the telly accompanied with treats. It’s beginning to feel a lot like....

Must admit never really watched it however we watched the one last night. Some of the breads looked amazing!

Assume they do a Christmas theme one closer to the time?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Usually not, it's filmed in early/mid summer.
    The first episode had a few Christmas themed fruit cakes in it though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Love GBBO & really enjoy sitting down to watch it each week, we Sky+ it so we can fast forward the ad breaks though, we watch so little live TV these days the ad breaks really drag it out too much for our liking :)

One thing about bake off is it leave's me craving treats every week, I find it very hard to sit down with a cup of tea to watch it & not get the urge to cram a bag of donuts or a cream cake or suchlike into my mouth.

Anyone have a prediction for a winner yet? Or a favourite they hope will win?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Love GBBO & really enjoy sitting down to watch it each week, we Sky+ it so we can fast forward the ad breaks though, we watch so little live TV these days the ad breaks really drag it out too much for our liking :)

One thing about bake off is it leave's me craving treats every week, I find it very hard to sit down with a cup of tea to watch it & not get the urge to cram a bag of donuts or a cream cake or suchlike into my mouth.

Anyone have a prediction for a winner yet? Or a favourite they hope will win?

That explains why I ended up stuffing my face with about 10 fig rolls during one of the breaks. It was subliminal marketing from the TV not my uncontrollable weakness for biscuits. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just booked a short break to Spain for me and my mam beginning November. I'm so excited!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Just booked a short break to Spain for me and my mam beginning November. I'm so excited!

Nice. You'll be nice and relaxed before the season really kicks off :)

It's Friday afternoon and the sunny is shining :)

Have a good weekend guys. Not usually on too much over the weekend so be catching up on Monday.

It's another FriYAY and the sun is shining!!

• Advertisement

It's another FriYAY and the sun is shining!!

Have a great weekend guys.

Another sunny Friday :) Weeks really flying by.

Have a good one guys.

Come on Ireland....

Yes, come on Ireland!

I hope they win the sporting event that they are participating in and sport harder than the opposing team.

Yes, come on Ireland!

I hope they win the sporting event that they are participating in and sport harder than the opposing team.

:pac: you’re better off not getting into it. Matches start at 8.15am. On a Saturday :(

I hear the other team sported better anyway. :pac:

I hear the other team sported better anyway. :pac:

That they did :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sunny Sunday out here in the wide Atlantic.. my small garden still has flowers and all is lovely …

:pac: you’re better off not getting into it. Matches start at 8.15am. On a Saturday :(

One of the joys of young kids is being up early even at the weekends. This time actually suits for trying to watch sport, as kids are having brekkie and playing and its still too early to be heading to the playground out for a cycle etc so don't feel guilty.

Was out early as our hurling matches were away & started at 10am & we had to be there for 9.15 so had no chance to watch either game so far, wont see the Russia game either as I'll be in work & the Samoa game clashes with another hurling match so theres a chance I'll not see a single Ireland game in the whole RWC... after Saturday mind thats possibly not a bad thing.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Friday afternoon, weather picking up and storm over (hope no one too badly effected).

Have a great weekend folks :)

• Advertisement

It's Friday again :D & all going well, Mr. CL & I will be welcoming another elf to our family in the Spring :D:D:D

It's Friday again :D & all going well, Mr. CL & I will be welcoming another elf to our family in the Spring :D:D:D

WOW, brilliant news CL, delighted for the two of you :):):):)

Is this number 2 or 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Brilliant news - congratulations to you both 👶

Thanks Guys!
    TRS30 wrote: »
    WOW, brilliant news CL, delighted for the two of you :):):):)

Is this number 2 or 3?

No. 3 - about to be outnumbered :D

Thanks Guys!

No. 3 - about to be outnumbered :D

Going from 2 to 3 isn't as big an adjustment as 1 to 2, IMO :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    Going from 2 to 3 isn't as big an adjustment as 1 to 2, IMO :)

Try going from 0 to 2 in one go!!!

Congrats Cl, delighted for you, fingers crossed it all goes well!!

Congratulations, CL! :)

Amazing news!! Many congratulations. The next generation of elves are growing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Aw , congratulations to you both , exciting times ahead !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Congrats CL!!

Advertisement