Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How much does it cost to install an EV charger at home?

• 03-09-2019 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I have been checking prices of EV chargers and there is a wide variety.
    I believe as a high priority the fast chargers must have load balancing otherwise the 63A breaker will trip.

Can someone advise how much a contractor would charge for a supply and install of an EV charger with load balancing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubsparkie

Hi did you get any pricing or responses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Technique

I got an informal verbal quote from an electrician of €1,200, with the €600 grant to come off that. He didn't go into detail so I'm unsure what type of charger he was going to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fionncdabest

Technique wrote: »
    I got an informal verbal quote from an electrician of €1,200, with the €600 grant to come off that. He didn't go into detail so I'm unsure what type of charger he was going to install.

Price can vary depending on the electrical rates in your area too what region are you based? Will totally vary on the difficulty of the run of the cable for it too

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JL spark

Price can vary depending on the electrical rates in your area too what region are you based? Will totally vary on the difficulty of the run of the cable for it too

A lot depends on your property,
    It’s not just a case of install the unit , the installation needs to be some what up to date too ,

Advertisement