Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fridge door not aligned any more

Options
  • 22-08-2019 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I've had an integrated fridge for the last 7 years and around 6 months ago I had to replace the door. The hinge was rubbing against the plastic part as you can see in the picture. This is now happening again and I will need to replace the door soon, but before I do that, I want to figure out what is causing this. The door is slightly mis-aligned and it's closer to the frame on the bottom than on the top.
    The white plastic bits on the side of the door are the sliders that attach to the outer wooden door (these are nice and straight). You can see the mis-alignment on that too and the top one often they 'pop out' when I open the door rapidly.

I use the fridge in the same way I have been for the last 7 years, so I can't see what triggered that. I would really, really appreciate some help here.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Look at your other door and see if there’s some cap or washer that the hinge sits into. It shouldn’t be scraping off the hinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

The first thing you need to do is remove the fridge from the kitchen unit and check the wooden base it is sitting on. If this has sagged it will distort the frame of the fridge and cause the doors to go out of alignment. You will need to check for dampness which can come from the evaporator tray that sits on top of the compressor as the defrosted ice from the fridge section eventually ends up here. When out check the wooden base with a level and check level of the fridge unit on the floor, one is out of alignment. When refitted check that each door is sealing properly by opening the bottom door and looking up from underneath and observe and visa versa for bottom . If the fridge is too far back in the unit the integrated wooden door panels may not let it seal .

Advertisement