Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Willing to be proven wrong

Options
  • 19-02-2019 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Marvel have the best heroes but DC have the best villains.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well it's not going to be much of a conversation or debate if you don't try and fight your corner :)

Why do you think Marvel's heroes are better than DC? And what about DC's villains makes them better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭randombar

s.curran wrote: »
    Marvel have the best heroes but DC have the best villains.

Nah, batman has to be top of the list, has to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Marvel's heroes are a bit more grounded, relatively speaking.
    But if I was in trouble, I would probably want the Justice League to save me instead of the Avengers.

The DC villains are certainly more iconic than Marvel's but that's mainly due to the amount of publicity DC have had over the years compared to Marvel.
    DC also has the advantage of not changing villains' identities frequently.
    Like how many Goblins of different types have we or how many symbiotes?
    Compare that to the number of Jokers (Okay, supposedly 3 but that's its own mystery) or Penguins, etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Id f*u*c*k marvel, but be thinking of DC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

There were some very cool threads on the Superhero forum a few years ago..

Fights between superheros, between villians, and finally between superheroes and villians....

winners depended on the amount of comments for each character...

check them out.... you might like it.. I won´t tell you the winners..

Best superheroes...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057585863

Best supervillians...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057591381

Superheroes Vs Supervillians...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057595134

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Take Batman Villains out of the equation and DC are very thin on the villain side , on the marvel side alone you have Doom ,Magneto, Red Skull , Norman Osbourne , Thanos and that's just off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 13 s.curran

Take Batman Villains out of the equation and DC are very thin on the villain side , on the marvel side alone you have Doom ,Magneto, Red Skull , Norman Osbourne , Thanos and that's just off the top of my head

That's true, most of the iconic DC villains are from Batman's hitlist. Spidey has a large amount of the Marvel ones, Mutants are another big swathe, but as you say there are the big hitters like Thanos, Galactus, Red Skull and Doom.

Advertisement