Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas presents

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Looks great - what the h*ll is all the stuff in the description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Looks great - what the h*ll is all the stuff in the description.

Its random descriptions of other items to try and get hits from search engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Iderown

I had a "low-technology" day a couple of weeks ago. Herself was not here and I can exist on my own without mains electricity.

Was horrified to discover that the only can opener we have is mains electricity powered. Many cans now have a "pull to open" tab, but the one I had chosen to eat from was old style.

Back to preparing for a no-deal crash out Brexit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I got used to the army compo can opener years ago and they are so small that I have several around the place. Then of course there is the can opener on many Swiss Army Knives which seem to be unknown to a lot of SAK users.

US version of the British army "compo" can opener -excellent stocking filler :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Christmas present to self: a pair of Finnish Army jackboots, resoled, in excellent condition and they fit nicely. Eu 62 inc. postage from E-Bay. Can't wait for some snow to try them out. Do try Varusteleka for Finnish surplus (and other armies).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

The wife got me a new seeland jacket and trousers, happy out because i was gonna buy them for myself!

Advertisement