Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HSE Covid Swabbing roles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

beenhad wrote: »
    Ye asks if you want full time or part time, doesn't mention salary being offered tho... It was one of them e signature forms. They rang and said I can start 28 October, just waiting on one more reference, which has gone in now! Forgot to ask what area😂😂

HBS will phone you I think regarding salary. They rang me anyway. The area will be on your contract which comes through after salary is agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

Awwwwfook wrote: »
    HBS will phone you I think regarding salary. They rang me anyway. The area will be on your contract which comes through after salary is agreed.
    How do you mean salary agreed ? Is there negotiation room lets say if you have years of experience in healthcare? Might they take that into consideration and bring you in at a higher point on the scale?

fionnr01 wrote: »
    How do you mean salary agreed ? Is there negotiation room lets say if you have years of experience in healthcare? Might they take that into consideration and bring you in at a higher point on the scale?

Possibly, I was with agency and they went off my qualifications and experience I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

I got a job offer today! As beenhad has already said it was in a very strange format

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

Aw congrats! I'm starting on 28 Oct. You'll get your contract next. We'll done

• Advertisement

I got a job offer today! As beenhad has already said it was in a very strange format
    Well done, did u get the phonecall first to discuss part time /full time salary etc? Im just wondering if i sign but then if alls not agreeable when they ring am i tied in???

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

Thanks! Yes got a phone call first, just asked about full time /part time and salary, after the phone call I got the email, you accept, choose full time or part time and sign, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pegdrums

Hey all, congrats to those who have secured a position. Well done it was a long wait!

I'd actually stopped following this thread as I figured I just wasn't't going to get contacted but I got an email last night saying I'm through to interview stage. I'm in band C. I've just been re-reading all the interview questions that you all posted here and have printed off the documentation to swat up on.

I've just got two questions:

1) Negotiable salary........what is the range they offer I've forgotten.

2) Certification for shots......what shots exactly were they looking for and do they REALLY expect a cert? I think I read they send you off for blood tests or something. I have no idea where any sort of cert would be.

Thanks

Sorry, 2 other questions!!

Somebody mentioned INFECTION CONTROL MEASURES as something that came up in the interview.

Did they ask if you understand the full spectrum of theses, or just the personal application?

Clothes for interview. Full formal? I haven't interviewed for a while!! Should I have a shirt and tie ready or no need to go that far?

Thanks again.

pegdrums wrote: »

Somebody mentioned INFECTION CONTROL MEASURES as something that came up in the interview.

Did they ask if you understand the full spectrum of theses, or just the personal application?

Clothes for interview. Full formal? I haven't interviewed for a while!! Should I have a shirt and tie ready or no need to go that far?

Thanks again.
    Theres a hiqa document on infection control ypu can google.... But i jus said about standard infection control measures which are
    hand washing
    wearing of gloves
    PPE, putting on & taking off properly
    Correct disposal of contaminated waste ie in the yellow bags..
    Have u access to hseland, theres shprt online training on ppe, covid and hand washing
    ... but its common sence, if u up to speed and hav basic cop on you be grand...

• Advertisement

Thanks again.
    I just wore a smart shirt/ top

Hey all, congrats to those who have secured a position. Well done it was a long wait!

I'd actually stopped following this thread as I figured I just wasn't't going to get contacted but I got an email last night saying I'm through to interview stage. I'm in band C. I've just been re-reading all the interview questions that you all posted here and have printed off the documentation to swat up on.

I've just got two questions:

1) Negotiable salary........what is the range they offer I've forgotten.

2) Certification for shots......what shots exactly were they looking for and do they REALLY expect a cert? I think I read they send you off for blood tests or something. I have no idea where any sort of cert would be.

Thanks
    You can gpogle salary scale cant rem but starts at 28k
    I had no certs of shots , they sent a disclaimer to sign saying id a BCG scar... Ive been cleared to work so obviously thats acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ioma

Hey All
    I just received this email , so am guessing that I am further down the list. Thought I would have been further along as I have experience in Lab Admin & A&E Admin. Just wondering did anyone else get email like this?
    Thank you for your application for the Community Swabbers recruitment campaign. I am writing to update you on your application.

We received a high volume of applications for these roles. I appreciate that you may be concerned regarding your position in processing in the campaign.

A short listing exercise took place to prioritise those with the most relevant experience to be interviewed first. Applications were placed in “Bands”- those with a high level of relevant experience were placed in Band A, those with medium relevant experience were placed in Band B, those with possible relevant experience were placed in Band C etc.

Your application was placed Band C or D. Please be assured that we are progressing through the applications. You will receive a contact from us if you are to be called to interview.If you have been contacted by us to provide additional information to support your application (e.g. References, Proof of ID) please can you address these requests promptly to help us in recruiting Community Swabbers as speedily and safely as possible.

Should you have any queries regarding your application please contact us on directly on campaign@hbsrecruitmentservices.ie and include Swabbers Campaign followed by your name in the title of the e mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tilytally

Hi everyone, OP here, congrats to those who have gotten interviews and offers, great news!

@Ioma I have also received that email today, bit disappointing to be honest but it was good to finally get some feedback. I had resigned myself that I had missed out completely at this stage.

Fortunately, I've recently gained employment elsewhere and am very happy in my new role.

Wishing everyone still awaiting further information the best of luck, I will bow out now.

Take care and stay safe.

@fionnr01 Cheers for the feedback. The certs thing had me a bit concerned. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dizzymom

@fionnr01 Cheers for the feedback. The certs thing had me a bit concerned. Cheers.

Has anyone started
    Someone who is non clinical
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 condubh

Hi guys,

I did my interview last week. Surprisingly tough, got grilled on a couple of answers but was well prepared, kept my cool, and had an (at least) decent answer for everything. I’m a trained healthcare assistant but haven’t worked in that field in a few years.

They sent me out stuff for Garda vetting and pre-placement health assessment.

I sort of took it that I’ve probably got the job based on that, but come to think of it I was interviewed as a Band B... is it more likely that I’ll just be on the panel and kept in reserve with Band As being first in line?

Good luck to everyone being interviewed and a big congrats to those being placed 😊

condubh wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I did my interview last week. Surprisingly tough, got grilled on a couple of answers but was well prepared

What did they ask that was so tough?

I'm just preparing for my interview at the moment.
    One debating I'm currently having is using jobs that aren't on your c.v as examples. If they ask for "a time when you improved a work practice," fro example can I use an example from a job that wasn't mentioned on the c.v?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I wouldn’t do that. Why is a job missing from your CV? If I was an interviewer this would be a red flag - I’d be thinking what else has he/she missed out or lied about?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dizzymom

fionnr01 wrote: »
    How do you know this if you dont mind me asking?

I am on panel B and I am almost fully completed compliance
    I worked in hospital in medical admin
    I do not have a start date as yet
    Any idea how long it takes after compliance is signed off

• Advertisement

What did they ask that was so tough?

Cheers

Just re-reading my questions and thought it may come across as a little smarmy!! In case it did it wasn't meant to. Just curious as to what the especially difficult questions were.

I wouldn’t do that. Why is a job missing from your CV? If I was an interviewer this would be a red flag - I’d be thinking what else has he/she missed out or lied about?

Thanks for your reply.

In the 20 years since I have left school and I have had almost as many jobs.I included my most recent and most relevant jobs which they seem to have approved of having called me for interview.

If I was too put every job Ive ever had on my C.V it would be 6 pages long!!:eek:

But good advice about keeping any examples to only the jobs I included on the c.v. It's keep me on track. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭NCW feen

Has anyone who was successful in securing a position been given any indication how long the role might last for? (even a rough idea)

Can't help you I'm afraid I haven't got that far yet.

Here is some reading (a lot!) which might be of some general use. Might be useful to mention if asked about any of the guidelines. I'm currently reading through it.

https://www.hseland.ie/dash/InterestedIn/Covid19

• Registered Users Posts: 32 condubh

Just re-reading my questions and thought it may come across as a little smarmy!! In case it did it wasn't meant to. Just curious as to what the especially difficult questions were.

Ha, it was more the way they interviewed me rather than any one question. My advice would be to have good back up answers for each competency because they can cut you off and ask you for another example if they feel the one your giving isn’t what they’re looking for. Thankfully it didn’t throw me off too much 😅 And when you give an example they might ask you why you felt it was necessary for you personally to take on that responsibility, little things like that.

They asked me for examples from two of the main competencies (teamwork and quality of service) and after that it’s really all scenario based. Know your stuff about PPE and infection prevention and control.

NCW feen wrote: »
    Has anyone who was successful in securing a position been given any indication how long the role might last for? (even a rough idea)

It's 12 months exactly. They put your start and finish date on contract.

Congratulations, you will love it.

beenhad wrote: »
    Aw congrats! I'm starting on 28 Oct. You'll get your contract next. We'll done

Excellent, do you mind me asking what area? I'm in CHO5

I got the job offer in an e-mail to accept/reject and sign. No phone call to discuss hours or location yet? Im goin to wait until tomorrow morning if no phone call i will ring

• Advertisement

Had my interview this morning. 2 people interviewing, one lady asking questions and a man taking notes. He had his video off so I pretty much forgot about him.

As everyone else has previously said the interview was a fairly pleasant experience. As far as an online interview could be.

They asked me for an example of team skill and professional competence. I had 2 examples ready for each of the 5 areas and would recommend the same. Didn't get cut off during an answer as she said she might do if she needed to.

Lots of scenario based stuff, such as:

What would you do if a child with autism presents for a swab?
    What would you do if a person with a strong gag reflex vomitted on you?
    What would you do if a person absolutely refused to receive their swabbing?
    What would you do if a swagger on your shift who had been in the role since February was being to rude to members of the public/ cutting corners or not carrying out their task properly?

How would you feel about ....standing in the cold all day/ wearing PPE all day/ changing locations from time to time

One tip I would give; she asked me at the end if I had anything else I'd like to add/ mention.....I said no and just went straight to asking them questions. As soon as it was finished I realised I could have squeezed in an example of the admin aspect of my current job. Ah well.]

Hope that's of help to some people.

Advertisement