Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Jumpers are Coming 2020/2021

Options
  • 30-08-2020 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Keeping in timing with prior years opening this up to get the excitement building.
    Just over 4 weeks until October when we get some traditional jumping ground. Imagine many are in from their summer breaks and beginning to wind up their work. Ballyadam is probably the one I'm looking forward to most but need to sharpen my pencil and dust down the notes :)

Most importantly, lets hope we get a clean run of things and get some owners and spectators back to the track for the full season without any drama.

Cannot wait for all the novices coming!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

BumperD wrote: »
    Keeping in timing with prior years opening this up to get the excitement building.
    Just over 4 weeks until October when we get some traditional jumping ground. Imagine many are in from their summer breaks and beginning to wind up their work. Ballyadam is probably the one I'm looking forward to most but need to sharpen my pencil and dust down the notes :)

Most importantly, lets hope we get a clean run of things and get some owners and spectators back to the track for the full season without any drama.

Cannot wait for all the novices coming!

Are you planning to run the competition again? Or did last year prove just too much effort?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Are you planning to run the competition again? Or did last year prove just too much effort?

ha was busy opening the thread so answer is yes, i will run if we have enough entries . Its a bit of fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Al Boum Photo to win a third gold cup? Wouldn’t put it past him the way his preps have been working the oracle the last two seasons.

Not sure the novice chasers of last season are superb although Champ does have some engine but could fail the jumping test in the GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

This thread makes me so happy
    SO HAPPY
    Ah lads, you got to love the jumps!!!!

Ballyadam, Ferny Hollow, Gypsy Island the 3 i am most excited about, although the thought of Abacadabras in the CH is intriguing me too, and of course, Goshen!!

• Advertisement

madmoose wrote: »
    Al Boum Photo to win a third gold cup? Wouldn’t put it past him the way his preps have been working the oracle the last two seasons.

Not sure the novice chasers of last season are superb although Champ does have some engine but could fail the jumping test in the GC.

Gordon getting Percy is interesting, can only be with a GC in mind
    Minella Indo is very interesting in the GC also, and who know's what way TOTG will go, altho I did read somewhere that his injury still hasn't cleared up and is not progressing as they would have liked

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We're nearly back baby!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Proper racing!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Too early for ante post?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Slattsy wrote: »
    Too early for ante post?

Not for you buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

As soon as Cheltenham was over i was doing Antepost

Shishkin - Arkle
    Envoi - Marsh

Both in a double also.

Defi - Ryanair
    Thyme Hill - Stayers

Monkfish & The Big Getaway anyrace

Gypsy Island - Supreme
    Ballyadam - Supreme

Minella Indo - GC
    Percy - Stayers Hurdle !!

Gypsy Island - Supreme
    Ballyadam - Supreme

Minella Indo - GC
    Percy - Stayers Hurdle !!

No way in hell Ballyadam goes Supreme. He's a Ballymore horse and my ap docket says so! This lad is a stayer.

Anyway, they have Malone Road to win the Supreme :D

[PHP][/PHP]
    No way in hell Ballyadam goes Supreme. He's a Ballymore horse and my ap docket says so! This lad is a stayer.

Anyway, they have Malone Road to win the Supreme :D

Malone Road has to get there first sluttsy!!
    Ballyadam for the supreme!!

C'mere, what a NH team Cheveley Park have now!!
    Probably stronger per horse than their flat rats!!

[PHP][/PHP]

Malone Road has to get there first sluttsy!!
    Ballyadam for the supreme!!

C'mere, what a NH team Cheveley Park have now!!
    Probably stronger per horse than their flat rats!!

More chance of Ballyadam in the Albert B than the Supreme. Genuinely cant see him in the Supreme, they've Ferny Hollow too.

Waiting for the "Cheveley Park to win 4+ races at the festival" special !!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Abacadrbras Champion Hurdle and Allaho Ryanair are the two I've been chipping away at

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shanboghted

Topofthegame for the GC and Saint Roi champion hurdle!
    I could be very wrong and look like a fool but something tells me Gosheen might not turn out to be the super horse many predict. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Think Benie might go a different route possibly Stayers, and barring injury Honeysuckle looks bombproof for the Mares.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

Abacadrbras Champion Hurdle and Allaho Ryanair are the two I've been chipping away at

Allaho ryanair a good shout, should have ran in the jlt this year, hopefully they dont go gold cup next year!

• Advertisement

Princess Zoe for the Mares Novice @ 20/1

Backed her for this race a few weeks ago for this race. Trainer has already said her owner wants to go down this route, so we know its the plan and also he might aim her at the Cadran, a Group One, so he knows she's a good un. I see she's as short as 10/1 in places, but 16s still available.

Reason i'm posting is that she goes again tonight in Galway. If she wins this well, against an Oaks second in Ennistymon, i think she will shorten massively. Has been backed off the boards so she appears to well fancied to go in again. And to be perfectly honest, even if she doesnt win tonight i still think she'll win at Cheltenham :)

Backed her for this race a few weeks ago for this race. Trainer has already said her owner wants to go down this route, so we know its the plan and also he might aim her at the Cadran, a Group One, so he knows she's a good un. I see she's as short as 10/1 in places, but 16s still available.

Reason i'm posting is that she goes again tonight in Galway. If she wins this well, against an Oaks second in Ennistymon, i think she will shorten massively. Has been backed off the boards so she appears to well fancied to go in again. And to be perfectly honest, even if she doesnt win tonight i still think she'll win at Cheltenham :)

Will Gypsy Island still be a novice?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

If she placed in the Cadran she will never see a hurdle. Anyone on her at fancy prices for the mares novice should be hoping she gets beat tonight.

lemush wrote: »
    If she placed in the Cadran she will never see a hurdle. Anyone on her at fancy prices for the mares novice should be hoping she gets beat tonight.

He said Cadran or another big handicap. My point was the esteem in which the trainer rates her. No more, no less. Mon the Zoe.

Go on ya good thing! What a mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Really fancy shewearsitwell for this myself and have been backing it for weeks, Mullins very keen on her and couldn't have done more in her bumper win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

She's improving at a rate of knots. The Betopin dudes did some glorious aftertiming on their podcast about them backing her at 66's so hopefully she gets there. Would be a long season though thats my only concern. She's got a serious engine and guts. Just what you want in a racehorse

BumperD wrote: »
    She's improving at a rate of knots. The Betopin dudes did some glorious aftertiming on their podcast about them backing her at 66's so hopefully she gets there. Would be a long season though thats my only concern. She's got a serious engine and guts. Just what you want in a racehorse

Travels beautifully. And quickens. She ticks a lot of boxes for me. Bust schedule recently but very lightly raced, and has won some races rather easily. This mare is making me very aroused.

Yes. I've had pints!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

They should supplement her for the Matron, she keeps on winning races.

Edit - although a mile could be too short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Envoi Allen going over Fences anyway

Advertisement