Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi amazing Grocery Six

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mrasgar

zell12 wrote: »
    Half-price eggs, cooking oil, loo roll and chocs!

+1, great to see genuine 50% off offers, down from already reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

uL8QCDq.png

Half-price teabags, cream crackers, cheese, ham, potato wedges, nappies
    Thanks Aldi!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭jeffk

Great offers (even more likely to end up with no stock like the toilet roll for most of the two weeks in Blanch Centre location)

My local strictly enforcing the 'two per customer' rule earlier

• Advertisement

My local strictly enforcing the 'two per customer' rule earlier

In aldi Clonlee and worker told me the tea bags are not 2 only, said the oil last week was

Suppose its on two weeks and plenty of stock (for now)

jeffk wrote: »
    ...are not 2 only, said the oil last week was)
    The eggs were 2 packs only too, big sign saying 'be considerate of others'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Not sure if it's the same in all stores, but all the stuff we bought on offer scanned @ full price today :(

trixiebust wrote: »
    Not sure if it's the same in all stores, but all the stuff we bought on offer scanned @ full price today :(

Look at the bottom of recipet, should say super 6 or that and - the saving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭prodsc

After the subtotal

Promotion
    Amazing 6..item code discount
    TOTAL

Not like other discounts are shown on other stores and indeed Aldi's Super 6 offers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

prodsc wrote: »
    After the subtotal

Promotion
    Amazing 6..item code discount
    TOTAL

Not like other discounts are shown on other stores and indeed Aldi's Super 6 offers....

I wonder if this is to highlight the situation where you buy 3 or 4 of the items, most or all of which are 2 per transaction? This way they charge you full price on all, but then give you the discount only for the correct number. Saves the operators having to explain or have arguments with customers?

I take a couple of minutes before I leave to scan through my bill and double check the discounts and 30%/75% off bargains (for which I am a sucker) as I hate having to go back a week later and hold up a line while I look for the refund.

Incidentally have you noticed the 75% stickers lately? Our local ALDI having refused to do the 30% or 50% off stickers from the day they opened, are now doing 30% off 1 or 2 days before, and 75% on the final day of Best Before. They are doing it Tesco style though, all the expiring stuff gathered in 3 places (1 for chilled, 1 for Veg and 1 for bread and stuff), rather than mixed with the in-date stuff, like very other ALDI I've been in.

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    I wonder if this is to highlight the situation where you buy 3 or 4 of the items, most or all of which are 2 per transaction? This way they charge you full price on all, but then give you the discount only for the correct number. Saves the operators having to explain or have arguments with customers?
    Nope, rationing is simply to keep stock on shelf for as many people as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Nope, rationing is simply to keep stock on shelf for as many people as possible
    I understand what rationing is! My point is that instead of charging you one lower price for the first 2 on the receipt, and then a higher price for any more of the same thing, they make it more obvious by charging the full price for all of the same item, then specifically show you the rebates for the 2 you are allowed in the bit at the end of the receipt.

Since you can buy as many as you want (at full price), it's moot as to whether it is truly rationing.

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    ..Since you can buy as many as you want (at full price), it's moot as to whether it is truly rationing.
    Actually, Aldi are enforcing two units per customer rule on some products.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116388923&postcount=72
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116389016&postcount=73

In aldi Clonlee and worker told me the tea bags are not 2 only, said the oil last week was

Suppose its on two weeks and plenty of stock (for now)

Clonee Meath (always spell it wrong)

Meant to say went back the next day to get a few and told no its 2 per customer and showed me the till. She did ring them through separately (bulk buying the tea bags for herselfs Ma), I got 8 (I know people can moan, but she puts 2 in a cup and has about 4 cups, so well worth stocking up)

You can go to different ones, or bring someone with you or chance spreading out two with a various other items, but it is two weeks so suppose no mad rush

All but gone in ALdi, Blanch Centre today

Apart from toilet rolls I never had stock issues. I think its not as well know as lidl plus and then the signage is TINY for them (some places have none and one place as a permanent marker to reflect the price change)

My local has run out of the teabags offer

Next Wed's offers look a bit meh
    Apple Juice 79c 49c
    Refuse sacks 1.79c 79c

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Apple Juice 79c 49c
    Refuse sacks 1.79c 79c

Rubbish offers.

I'll get my coat!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

Apple Juice 79c 49c
    Refuse sacks 1.79c 79c

Do you have the full list?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Rubbish offers.

I'll get my coat!

I refuse to go

Apple Juice 1l 79 49c
    Refuse sacks 10 1.79 79c
    Choco Hoops ceral 1.29 79c
    Nappies 1.79 79c
    Cadbury chocolate bar 95g 1.29 79c
    Napkins 50 99 49c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah but if the rubbish bags are decent quality its a good chance to stock up with a few rolls with more than half the price discounted.

xazqn2m

https://imgur.com/a/xazqn2m

Cant see to get the hang of posting pics

ssUu0QN.png

I pick imagine in new post and put the imgur link in and end up blank post

I pick imagine in new post and put the imgur link in and end up blank post

You have to use the image link https://i.imgur.com/QUyCVzK.jpg not the album link https://imgur.com/a/xazqn2m. :)

You have to use the image link https://i.imgur.com/QUyCVzK.jpg not the album link https://imgur.com/a/xazqn2m. :)

Zell12 sent a pm trying to help as well

Basically the letter a causing the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

Aldi Amazing Grocery Six offers from 24 March to 6 April attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah but if the rubbish bags are decent quality its a good chance to stock up with a few rolls with more than half the price discounted.

Got a roll of the rubbish bags and while tricky to open they are decent strength that wont rip. Will buy 4 or 5 rolls when Im in tomorrow and that should do me till around the end of the year.

JTMan wrote: »
    Aldi Amazing Grocery Six offers from 24 March to 6 April
    Love those goujons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Small bump for the new Amazing six that start today - https://leaflets.aldi.ie/view/368793302/28/

The fruit loaf toasted with some real butter is a nice treat

Advertisement