Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

McGregor by Sub
    Axwell wrote: »
    Conor missing out on the chance to really get in Khabibs head with a crowd behind him compared to the previous presser...not his greatest move.

Catch 22 because he has him in the height of it getting worked up now. I don't think he liked being there on his own at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor by Sub
    No one's taking about 165, it's fake news. Dana the gas man.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    Conor missing out on the chance to really get in Khabibs head with a crowd behind him compared to the previous presser...not his greatest move.

And missing a chance to pull in another few thousand buys at least. Less money for him, dumb move as you said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

Joke sport. Who wants this ****e?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ASOT wrote: »
    Catch 22 because he has him in the height of it getting worked up now. I don't think he liked being there on his own at all.

Khabib was in control of what happened there, he was able to get up and walk away - if Conor was there he has nowhere to go and has to sit there getting wound up and have the crowd behind Conor which only fuels Conor more. Khabib is nowhere near as worked up as he would be having to sit through a press conference with Conor imo.

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    Khabib was in control of what happened there, he was able to get up and walk away - if Conor was there he has nowhere to go and has to sit there getting wound up and have the crowd behind Conor which only fuels Conor more. Khabib is nowhere near as worked up as he would be having to sit through a press conference with Conor imo.

Ah no I get what you mean i just taught khabib seemed alot more gone there than the last time even, seemed very uncomfortable up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Conor is an absolute clown.

****e talks about having the fans in the building and can't be arsed showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

McGregor by Sub
    martyos121 wrote: »
    And missing a chance to pull in another few thousand buys at least. Less money for him, dumb move as you said.

Do you think Conor cares about a couple of extra 1000 sales at this stage?

Stupid of him to keep up this being late stick. Fighters just aren't going to hang around anymore.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

BoneIdol wrote: »
    Joke sport. Who wants this ****e?

Congrats - first ban of the thread..go troll elsewhere.

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    Dana playing dumb about Jon the Snitch.

• Advertisement

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Do you think Conor cares about a couple of extra 1000 sales at this stage?

Stupid of him to keep up this being late stick. Fighters just aren't going to hang around anymore.

Of course he cares about a couple of extra thousand sales. Someone who loves money as much as he does will do everything to maximise their income. PPV buys are pretty much all he cares about apart from winning the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭parc

McGregor by Sub
    Ah man, he's kind of ****ed this. Khabib looked rattled. He could have had a proper go at him. 
    I get showing up late, but 10 minutes would be enough to show some disrespect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

McGregor by Sub
    Wonder if Khabib is still in the back like Eddie Alvarez was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

McGregor by Sub
    Congrats - first ban of the thread..go troll elsewhere.

10-7 Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor by Sub
    Ohwell lets enjoy Michelle while we wait, def the highlight of 229

DJXX0D1.gif

F9HrsNf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Some of the questions these journalists ask are so dumb.

Gotta feel this has backfired on Mcgregor. Surely them appearing together is to his advantage. WP by Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    I dont get all this khabib is rattled, i dont see it all. All i see is him being a step ahead of conor

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

McGregor by Sub
    Dana playing dumb about Jon the Snitch.

I didn't understand what he was asking. What was this about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

McGregor by Sub
    Sorry I'm late I just don't give a fook. Shame we didn't get to see them both on stage with the crowd.

McGregor by Sub
    Here we go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭parc

McGregor by Sub
    I'd say Khabib was secretly delighted he didn't show. He didn't have to deal with the McGregor onslaught

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    TJ Mackie wrote: »
    I didn't understand what he was asking. What was this about?

It’s rumoured that JJ got his ban reduced by snitching on other cheaters to USADA.

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    nice wifebeater vest - not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

McGregor by Sub
    Eddie and Aldo were almost defeated before the bell even rung. Showing up late was a bad move by McGregor.

McGregor by Sub
    Going after Ali, gettem Conor!

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    Jesus that’s a very, very serious allegation against Ali. I haven’t read about him in detail but I assume there’s some degree of truth to that particular comment? You can’t make something like that up.

Nurmagomedov by Decision
    “If you can’t aim for peace, aim between the eyes”.

That is a cracking line to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Eddie and Aldo were almost defeated before the bell even rung. Showing up late was a bad move by McGregor.

I think Khabib is feeling the pressure. Compare his demeanour with that of McGregor who is in great form.

McGregor by Sub
    Jesus that’s a very, very serious allegation against Ali. I haven’t read about him in detail but I assume there’s some degree of truth to that particular comment? You can’t make something like that up.

It's in a book about NYPD and FBI informants and lots of stuff about Ali becoming an informant and then becoming untrustworthy and they severed ties with him. Dodgy bastard.

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    Your man in the crowd got butchered there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement