Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Suckit wrote: »
    Yes. I noticed after I put it up and decided to leave it as it has a fair bit of info, although some of the cons are no longer relevant. It was mainly for the people who hadn't a drone before and what to expect of this.

I was also meant to link to this a while back and forgot.

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E010-Mini-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis-Headless-Mode-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1066972.html

I'm getting lazier and lazier in this lockdown.....

Suckit since you're da man for the bargains, wheres the cheapest place I can pick up a 64GB micro SD card for the drone

Thanks buddy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

If you want to record in 4K, I'd recommend a decent U3 card. I use the 128GB versions of these. Very reliable cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

so tempted by this - i very nearly bought a display model dji mavic air fly more combo for €450 from harvey norman just before the lockdown but was waiting for payday - payday came and store was closed.

would this be equivalent to that or better?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

ablelocks wrote: »
    so tempted by this - i very nearly bought a display model dji mavic air fly more combo for €450 from harvey norman just before the lockdown but was waiting for payday - payday came and store was closed.

Much better.

More like comparing it with the Mavic pro so far as I can see spec wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

A little off topic but should ramp up the excitement for those waiting for their drone, a very cool little video shot around an empty Rome with some nice sound effects added and some amazing piloting skills;

https://twitter.com/optimoprincipi/status/1254803953868562433?s=21

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote:
    More like comparing it with the Mavic pro so far as I can see spec wise.

Hmmm, not sure about that. The Air has Superior cam and more sensors. The battery and range are better on the Fimi.

NUTZZ wrote:
    A little off topic but should ramp up the excitement for those waiting for their drone, a very cool little video shot around an empty Rome with some nice sound effects added and some amazing piloting skills;

Yeah, FPV is awesome, it takes proper piloting!

So the preorder competition is taking place now on Banggood and apparently I've been selected as a winner! :pac: I'll be getting the drone for $299 (€270 hopefully).

You can check to see if you've won by clicking the link here and entering your order number.

A8-B189-C1-F4-F0-4839-A082-F2396-F34-D698.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭banie01

NUTZZ wrote: »
    So the preorder competition is taking place now on Banggood and apparently I've been selected as a winner! :pac: I'll be getting the drone for $299 (€270 hopefully).

You can check to see if you've won by clicking the link here

I'm a winner too!
    Bloody delighted :D

banie01 wrote: »
    I'm a winner too!
    Bloody delighted :D

It really makes it all the more sweet! And now you can put the extra saving towards a second battery or carry case and not feel guilty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Nice win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

I'm a winner too, by any chance is everyone a winner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Something dodge going on?

Something dodge going on?

Looks suspect

jamesd wrote: »
    I'm a winner too, by any chance is everyone a winner?

No I've seen lots of people not win too. Also maybe the preorder number wasn't huge, 1000 winners could be a lot of the total orders.

95860717_2993686014050958_7502793861605883904_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=zpRRiegKKygAX8rhqyU&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=0d96aab40089ad50b117c0d0b3225dc8&oe=5ED2DF40

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Winner as well

No I've seen lots of people not win too. Also maybe the preorder number wasn't huge, 1000 winners could be a lot of the total orders.

95860717_2993686014050958_7502793861605883904_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=zpRRiegKKygAX8rhqyU&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=0d96aab40089ad50b117c0d0b3225dc8&oe=5ED2DF40

Nice one then to win, makes it great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I couldn't win a fricken argument. :(

Congrats to all the winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Sweet 1 won in the draw as well. If this drone (my first) arrives (slightly sceptical)at this reduced price it'll be savage. After watching a few YouTube videos and it seems so easy to operate, perfect for my capabilities. 2/3 weeks to wait.. I'm gonna be like a child a Xmas when the time gets closer..

MorganIRL wrote:
    Sweet 1 won in the draw as well. If this drone (my first) arrives (slightly sceptical)at this reduced price it'll be savage. After watching a few YouTube videos and it seems so easy to operate, perfect for my capabilities. 2/3 weeks to wait.. I'm gonna be like a child a Xmas when the time gets closer..

Congrats! Could be wrong but I'd expect 1-2 months on delivery with the speed of recent deliveries from asia though.

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    Congrats! Could be wrong but I'd expect 1-2 months on delivery with the speed of recent deliveries from asia though.

Ya I was being optimistic I suppose. If it comes at all it'll be great.

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Ya I was being optimistic I suppose. If it comes at all it'll be great.

Ah yeah, they always get there in the end! It's a fantastic machine, let us know how you get on when it arrives.

tedpan wrote: »

They're supposedly shipping from the Spanish warehouse in 12 days.

Screenshot-2020-05-03-at-21-22-16.png
    buy totaled motorcycles

They're supposedly shipping from the Spanish warehouse in 12 days.

Mine says June shipping on it.

jamesd wrote: »
    Mine says June shipping on it.

Oh, mine has May 15th at 11am.

Same as that... I'll be knocked over by a feather if it comes within a week of the date...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Mine is the same.
    I'm not expecting to see it within a month of then tho TBH ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭The Gibmiester

Did anyone order one with premium care? I can't seem to find an item or option for it on Banggood.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

The fimi drone seems to be a fairly small drone (compared to the MiDrone). Are people using it in any kind of wind at all? I get the impression the MiDrone would be much superior for our Irish weather?

I was wondering about this as well myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ablelocks wrote: »

wait, sorry - it was a dji spark fly more combo as far as i can remember...still humming and hawing over the fimi.

Advertisement