Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

truegas wrote: »
    hi all just back from ww down 4 half so delighted :D i tracked every day out for 2 meals last week stay for class it realy help loads of tips at it

Well done that's a great loss :)
    Heading to Pizza Hut tmw evening with friends, i'm sure it was posted before but can't seem to find it just wondering if any of you have any idea of the amount of pp in a couple of different Pizza's - just to give me any idea to plan out my meals for tmw.

Thanks
    D

This has all the nutritional info so pick what you'd like and you should be able to point it

http://www.pizzahut.co.uk/media/77247/nutrition_restaurant_pizzas-0910.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

Hi All,

Just thought I'd share! if you're looking for an alternative to cream in a recipe (other than creme fraiche) try alpro soya or rice dream cream, its dairy free and HALF THE FAT OF CREAM! (but all of the creamy lovliness!)
    I just had it in a chicken pasta bake and its fantastic!

Hey thanks 4 tip!! If you dont mind would u be able to email the receipe for the chicken pasta bake?? If its not too much trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Pizza is one of the ultimate fast foods – it’s quick, it’s tasty, it’s a whole meal in one. It can be a high ProPoints value option. Use the information below, and check out how choosing a different pizza base can make all the difference and some low ProPoints value options when you’re eating out.

Per Slice

Domino's: Cheese & Tomato, medium crust 4
    Domino's: Chicken Feast, thin crust 5
    Domino's: Americano, thin crust 7
    Domino's: Meateor, regular crust, 7

Pizza Express: Margherita, sixth of whole pizza 3
    Pizza Express: Quattro Formaggi, sixth of whole pizza 3
    Pizza Express: Sloppy Giuseppe, sixth of whole pizza 4
    Pizza Express: Salsiccia Romana, sixth of whole pizza 5

Pizza Hut: Chicken Supreme, Italian style 6
    Pizza Hut: Farmhouse, medium pan 7
    Pizza Hut: Hawaiian, medium pan 7
    Pizza Hut: BBQ Deluxe, stuffed crust 10

Practise Piling On
    Go for colourful toppings of fresh vegetables such as green, red or yellow peppers, broccoli or tomato slices. But be aware that some pizza restaurants sauté their vegetable toppings in oil. Make sure to ask and add any extra ProPoints values for the oil, if necessary, or ask them to cook the vegtables in an alternative way.

Ditch The Crust
    The crust-leavers of the world have the right idea. Most regular pizza crusts are made of enriched white flour, so if your local pizzeria offers a wholegrain crust, it's a wiser choice.

Ok found it - I knew I had seen it posted here before.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Eabhabear wrote: »

This has all the nutritional info so pick what you'd like and you should be able to point it

Thank you Eabhabear

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Just back and down 2 lb's again this week that's 16 since i started on Jan 4th...I am really lovin Pro points as on the old plan I only lost 12.5 pounds in 3/4 months still it's 28.5 in total can really feel the difference but need to lose another 4 stone 3.5lbs to get to goal of 10'10 for my 5'5 frame but this time I really feel its acheivable (hope I dont eat my words or everything else ) I really find the free fruit is helping ......just have a HB orange split at 2PP nom nom:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Hey girls! Just thought I'd share with ye that the Birds eye bake to perfection salmon fillets are only 6 points each and are lovely! Just had one for my dinner with 150g of cooked pasta ands loads of free veg all for only 10 points!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Right- after being bad with the twix- as massive 8 points!
    I then went and had apache pizza- bbq sauce, chicken, bacon, pepper and onion- hum could I have picked a worse one!!!

I had 4 slices- which was half the pizza.... ( it a large too!!!)

Now the terrible truth- I want to be honest with myself
    Does anyone know the points for what I have just eaten?
    I have only used 3 treat points this week so I can dip if I need to.

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Right- after being bad with the twix- as massive 8 points!
    I then went and had apache pizza- bbq sauce, chicken, bacon, pepper and onion- hum could I have picked a worse one!!!

I had 4 slices- which was half the pizza.... ( it a large too!!!)

Now the terrible truth- I want to be honest with myself
    Does anyone know the points for what I have just eaten?
    I have only used 3 treat points this week so I can dip if I need to.

Thanks guys!

If you have a propoints calculator, here's the link to all their nutritional values.

http://www.apache.ie/pdfs/nutrition_guide.pdf

If you dont have the calculator, let me know and i'll point it for you :)

Eabhabear wrote: »

EabharBear- thanks for that- but I don't have a calculator...would you mind calculating it? Thanks a million- I am dreading the outcome!

EabharBear- thanks for that- but I don't have a calculator...would you mind calculating it? Thanks a million- I am dreading the outcome!

No prob what would you like me to calculate?

• Advertisement

Its ok- think i worked it out- about 5pp a slice- for med so reckon 4 slices of large is about 25pts? Bringing me a whopping 17 points over! bugger!

So I will take them outta my weeklies...

If I go mad exercising for and hour and a half now can I
    claim any back????;)

Its ok- think i worked it out- about 5pp a slice- for med so reckon 4 slices of large is about 25pts? Bringing me a whopping 17 points over! bugger!

So I will take them outta my weeklies...

If I go mad exercising for and hour and a half now can I
    claim any back????;)

I calculated a few large pizzas, the Italian ones.

Margherita - 7pp per slice
    Hawaiian -6pp per slice
    Pepperoni - 8pp per slice
    Chicken Supreme - 6pp per slice
    BBQ Deluxe - 6pp per slice

Hope it helps! Extra exercise will definitely help so use your weeklies and exercise and you should be able to minimise the damage. Enjoy your night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

aspie mum wrote: »
    Just back and down 2 lb's again this week that's 16 since i started on Jan 4th...I am really lovin Pro points as on the old plan I only lost 12.5 pounds in 3/4 months still it's 28.5 in total can really feel the difference but need to lose another 4 stone 3.5lbs to get to goal of 10'10 for my 5'5 frame but this time I really feel its acheivable (hope I dont eat my words or everything else ) I really find the free fruit is helping ......just have a HB orange split at 2PP nom nom:D

Well done you. Hearing stories like this is so motivating.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

down another 2.5lbs,thats a total of 10.5lbs,got my 5% sticker,thia pro points is good!! well done to all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Yep worked it out for both types...I doubled the nutritional values first and worked it out on the calculator, hope Im not wrong now!! Great way to save 2pp a day without noticing, really nice bread too!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's actually 5pp for 2 slices of JM&O'B goodness of both bread when calculated per slice on the online calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

When you get to your 5% goal - does it pop up on the screen at your WI. I knew I should have been pretty close to it, and I just checked the chart and I should have got it at my WI last night? Do you have to keep an eye on this yourself?
    just reading back there now,i think it must pop up because to night my leader gave me a 5% sticker,i didn't even know i was due it!!! pleasant surprise as i got a silver 7 last week!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Went out to eat in Milano's and am so impressed with their Legerra Menu - had 17 pp left for the day so got the Crostini to start - 5pp and then the Gustosa for main which is 14pp - so only went 2 over budget and did not feel like i was missing out at all. Also had all my weeklies intact so the 2 is fine! Great I only used 2 as am off to belfast for a house party for the night on saturday night, and really worried about eating and drinking everything in sight! Gonna pack up the car with some low point emergency snacks - any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Monife wrote: »
    Sh**ty morning in work today, ended up having a sausage sandwich (at onsite restaurant) AND a small sausage roll! So annoyed with myself now!

Any idea how many pp in a small sausage roll? They are smaller than the small ones you get in deli counters, kinda like 3 bites.

The sausage sambo is ok, worth it! The sausage roll really not, about 5/6 points I'd say.

aspie mum wrote: »

Very well done, keep up good work. I have to say love the super splits and soleros, really satisfy the craving, but tend not to eat them in winter, must get back in that habit. The skinny cow double choc and mint choc are lovely too.

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the support ladies. And you have some great suggestions there too. I will be laid up for 80% of the recovery time but I can definitely do WW-friendly shopping lists for my hubby!

I must admit I'm looking forward to catching up on my reading - I still have books I got for Christmas that I haven't opened! :D
    Thanks again - this thread is so great.

Great Idea......reading! Wow, imagine, having the time to catch up. Such wonderful books out at the minute, but I'd actually love to re-read the few Dickens I've read and progress a little further with the many I haven't managed to get through. Every cloud!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Hi All,

Just thought I'd share! if you're looking for an alternative to cream in a recipe (other than creme fraiche) try alpro soya or rice dream cream, its dairy free and HALF THE FAT OF CREAM! (but all of the creamy lovliness!)
    I just had it in a chicken pasta bake and its fantastic!

Can u post up ur recipe ? Pls x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Majorly disappointed at WI last night - only down 0.5lb after my week of being so good and doing loads of exercise and not eating any weeklies :( On the bright side, at least, I wasn't up, or I might have cried on the scales.

Have decided that maybe I was too careful last week so will try to not be as obessive this week about the points and hope for the best!

Have my 2-yr old niece staying with us for the whole weekend so won't get a chance to get out and exercise but I'm sure running around after her will help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So had my weigh in this morning I was down 3/4's of a pound & honestly I'm delighted with a loss BUT I was hoping it would be more as I STS last week.

With all that said I'm now exactly 13st & I've lost half a stone since I began so it evens out at 1.4lbs per week so I guess per WW I am on track & that's albs of pure fat!!

I'm not demotivated at all it just spurs me on to get a loss nxt wk as well. I obsessively track everything I eat I am exercising alot& this week I managed to eat all my dailies & half my weeklies & honestly I didn't feel at all deprived I had treats, I had alcohol I had a massive dinner last night so from a food consumption point of view I've eaten more than I ever have :) but all the prep & forethought & finding time for exercise is hard but at the end of the day weightless is hard & there are no longterm quick fixes!

I think maybe like shoelover I've been a bit too obsessive I'm still going to do everything I am doing but maybe I shouldn't set myself thoughts of losing more than a 1lb every week, weightloss has always been hard for me & I guess I'll never be one of those ppl who loses 4-6lb in a week & I think now ive made peace with that I'm okay!

I know I'm deffo losing inches I tried on a dress last night which hasn't fit me properly in ages, it looks great I had room in it & best of all my arms used to catch @ the top & now there's a couple of inches on each side! I'm delighted & that is what is spurring me on to keep going!

I'm away to Berlin nxt thurs morning so I'm going to WI a day early I'd rather do that then miss it altogether & not know for 2 wks, I'm hoping I'll be able to find good healthy choices while over there so I don't gain or STS!

Have a great weekend all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So on the issue of bread I don't know if any of you have tried the Hovis Nimble wholemeal bread? Yes the slices are a bit smaller but from a pp point of view it's quite good IMO

1 slice = 1 pp
    2 slices = 3 pp
    3 slices = 4 pp

I think that's quite good & if you wanted to
    Make a nice brunch with eggs, bacon medallions, mushrooms, toms & toast 3 slices is great for PP

Im in shock about the batch O_O imagine if you ate the heel of it sometimes that's as thick of 2 slices!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi All,

I know a couple of you were looking for my pasta bake recipe, would you believe I haven't pointed it properly yet! :o it was born of experimentation one day when i'd nearly 20 points left for my dinner. Will get out the books when i get home from work and post it up.

Kay_80 wrote: »
    So on the issue of bread I don't know if any of you have tried the Hovis Nimble wholemeal bread? Yes the slices are a bit smaller but from a pp point of view it's quite good IMO

1 slice = 1 pp
    2 slices = 3 pp
    3 slices = 4 pp

Make a nice brunch with eggs, bacon medallions, mushrooms, toms & toast 3 slices is great for PP

Im in shock about the batch O_O imagine if you ate the heel of it sometimes that's as thick of 2 slices!

Have a great time in Berlin, if it's not raining you'll be able to get a lot of walking in. The batch isn't too bad, depending on the size is 3 -4 a slice, not much more than normal bread and if you enjoy it, it's worth it. I'd rather have a sambo made with batch and suffer the extra points at lunchtime than eat a snack in the afternoon. Everyone's different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

Hey thanks 4 tip!! If you dont mind would u be able to email the receipe for the chicken pasta bake?? If its not too much trouble!

could i have this receipe for chicken pasta bake as well please and thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Kay_80 wrote: »

1 slice = 1 pp
    2 slices = 3 pp
    3 slices = 4 pp

That nimble bread is lovely, although sometimes I find it hard to find and end up buying WW bread which is so thin you can see through it :rolleyes:

I asked our leader about the batch loaf being 12pp and she said they pointed most batch bread last week and it worked out at 6pp for 2 slices? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

dammitj wrote: »
    That nimble bread is lovely, although sometimes I find it hard to find and end up buying WW bread which is so thin you can see through it :rolleyes:

I asked our leader about the batch loaf being 12pp and she said they pointed most batch bread last week and it worked out at 6pp for 2 slices? :confused:
    I'm really confused too,my leader said 12 for two slices, I'm really sorry to everyone for posting it, I genuinely believed her, I really did not mean to scare everyone, I posted it in good faith! I'll be questioning my leader next Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

She said they pointed the standard batch (which can be quite thin but large I guess) but I suppose the best thing to do is point whatever one you get with your calculator.
    I'm sure the heel of it could be 12 points on its own!!

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement