Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

• 04-12-2019 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Administrative Officers (Audit and Compliance) - Nationwide
    Administrative Officer roles across Revenue offer excellent opportunities to build a career, working in a wide variety of tax and customs areas.

These include leading audits and investigations, supporting the development of policy, drafting legislation and advising on the interpretation of customs and tax law (including transfer pricing).

The roles also offer opportunities to improve Revenue’s customer service and taxpayer compliance, using research, data science and analytics.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/information-about-revenue/careers/career-opportunities.aspx

The closing date for this competition is Friday 27 December, 2019 at 1pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

They seem to have changed the entrace requirements. They now specify exact requirements for each stream as opposed to the old comps where you needed a level 8 qualification in a relevant area (business, accounting, law or economics) or a professional qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Yeah seems to be a lot more restrictive qualification wise

• Registered Users Posts: 42 OutForTender

I wonder how strict they will be?

Some Accounting degrees might cover a lot of Tax modules. While some Law might cover a lot of Economics.

Business covers everything depending on module choice but they get no shout here apparently.

Yeah they seem kinda arbitrary. The one for tax is especially weird. The only level 8 qualification for tax in the country is the B.A in Applied Taxation in UL, which is only open to Revenue Audit staff. There's also a masters in tax with UL and obviously the CTA qualification. So to apply for that stream you would need to hold one of those qualifications as opposed to a general accounting or business degree.

Incidentally is there anyone here from previous AO comps who got in on the economics stream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ah sure we'll apply for the analytics and statistics stream again. Sure why not

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

So it's just the surveymonkey link they wish to be submitted for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

splashuum wrote: »
    So it's just the surveymonkey link they wish to be submitted for now?

That's it. You wont be asked to present anything until the supervised tests if it's like other campaigns

In relation to the level 8 requirement, Do they contact the college for proof of this? Or ask the applicant for results?

They ask to see your original degree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

They ask to see your original degree

Degree or scripts of results?

I think they asked for both at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Does anyone know what the next stage might be? I know there were a few possibilities on the information booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

The requirement that people must be available to work from March 2020, makes me hope they'll forget the aptitude test bit and go straight to interviewðŸ˜

marmieB wrote: »
    The requirement that people must be available to work from March 2020, makes me hope they'll forget the aptitude test bit and go straight to interviewðŸ˜

I highly doubt that

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

Ollie321 wrote: »
    I highly doubt that
    I'm joking!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zulu Art

Has anybody heard back from the Survey Monkey element?

I can only imagine that once the campaign starts it will be rapid in order for people to be processed, panelled and offered jobs in time to work notice and start in March.

I received a confirmation last week that my application had been received. I think that is probably all you get from the survey monkey part of it.

I think it will move quickly too when it gets going.

Same here. I guess they'll send a form to me in due course. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11 flowergirlxx

Hi all, anyone know of any websites to practice tests?

• Advertisement

Have emails gone out?

Have emails gone out?

I just received an email last week to say they received my survey monkey application so I was just wondering if there’s a way to get practicing?

It might not even be an aptitude test. There were several different things listed maybe they will use a different method to shortlist this time. However I think they have used cut e test in previous competitions.

I wonder when we will hear back.

I'm surprised that we haven't heard anything yet, anyone have any idea when it might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cherylwalsh3

I'm surprised that we haven't heard anything yet, anyone have any idea when it might be?

I was just thinking the same myself.

Anybody hear anything after the survey monkey acknowledgement yet? This March start must be the end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

Invite to next stage should be out tomorrow or friday

Got my email to complete the assessments this morning

Anywhere to practise this assessment ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Has anyone done it yet? Would an I pad be ok to do it on?

Advertisement