Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Exactly the same thing. Contacted them yesterday, and was told to confirm my details. I did, for the 2nd time, and got a reply from them today.

The zip code I used was REP123. That was what I used when Eircode didn't exist. And I always got stuff, so that sounds like a copout.

I'm not taking the points. I'll give it a few more days, and if I don't hear anything I'll get onto the credit card.

Does your tracking number start with CE and end with IE?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Exactly the same thing. Contacted them yesterday, and was told to confirm my details. I did, for the 2nd time, and got a reply from them today.

The zip code I used was REP123. That was what I used when Eircode didn't exist. And I always got stuff, so that sounds like a copout.

I'm not taking the points. I'll give it a few more days, and if I don't hear anything I'll get onto the credit card.

That's a load of horse shyt mate, I'd be straight on to their Boards Gearbest forum and demand answers out of them there, and let other potential buyers see how their good will really goes if something goes wrong.

Not having a zip code means diddly squat for tracking. Their item does be scanned intermittently on its journey from their warehouse to you. Not having a zip code would not prevent them from having that scanning data. Period.

I'd be tearing them a new one if it was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I have always had good experiences with GB. 4 weeks ago i ordered some headphones but the discount code didnt activate and I didnt realise, so I went onto live chat straight away and got it cancelled (took a screenshot of him saying the order no. was cancelled). Reordered using correct coupon 2mins later. 3 weeks later and the two pairs of headphones arrive at my door. I get onto GB saying I want a refund as I noticed it hadnt been sent, and they say because I am keeping the item they cant refund me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I have always had good experiences with GB. 4 weeks ago i ordered some headphones but the discount code didnt activate and I didnt realise, so I went onto live chat straight away and got it cancelled (took a screenshot of him saying the order no. was cancelled). Reordered using correct coupon 2mins later. 3 weeks later and the two pairs of headphones arrive at my door. I get onto GB saying I want a refund as I noticed it hadnt been sent, and they say because I am keeping the item they cant refund me :pac:

In fairness I've only ordered from them the once and my experience was pretty much hassle free, but going by their forum on this very site, I'd be very hesitant to use them again.

I'm surprised they're endorsed by boards at all going by some of the tales on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

logistic wrote: »
    Does your tracking number start with CE and end with IE?
    Yep. And get the same message as you re the no update on shipping.

Got a reply from them this morning "replying" to my message telling me my package was still on its way, with no mention of zip codes or anything.

So a generic useless message. Jaysus knows what's going on, but my credit card company is the next stop to see where I stand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Got a reply from them this morning "replying" to my message telling me my package was still on its way, with no mention of zip codes or anything.

So a generic useless message. Jaysus knows what's going on, but my credit card company is the next stop to see where I stand.

I've read up a bit, lots of packages are taking up to 4 weeks to get to the EU. The CE*******IE tracking numbers are only available once they get to the UK or Ireland. I think it's just ****ty gearbest service as usual, they just don't know what's going on. I'm sure it will show up next week.

tedpan wrote: »
    I've read up a bit, lots of packages are taking up to 4 weeks to get to the EU. The CE*******IE tracking numbers are only available once they get to the UK or Ireland. I think it's just ****ty gearbest service as usual, they just don't know what's going on. I'm sure it will show up next week.

I'll wait and see. When you mentioned that you were able to track after a week, I said I'd see after 2 weeks, and still got no update.

If anything changes, I'll post here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Gearbest are ****e, their customer care here on boards is non existent,I emailed,messaged etc,no reply,must be giving freebies to someone to be allowed advertise here

I'll wait and see. When you mentioned that you were able to track after a week, I said I'd see after 2 weeks, and still got no update.

If anything changes, I'll post here

Same here 3 weeks nearly,can't track item,,no help from customer care here,or China

Yep. And get the same message as you re the no update on shipping.

Same silly message I got,no help whatsoever

• Advertisement

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    In fairness I've only ordered from them the once and my experience was pretty much hassle free, but going by their forum on this very site, I'd be very hesitant to use them again.

I'm surprised they're endorsed by boards at all going by some of the tales on here

Obviously some one here is getting something from them,they treat board members like idiots,and still allowed to advertise here etc

Pay Pal dispute will sort it

Pay Pal dispute will sort it

I paid with credit card because I hassle with an order with Komplett a few years ago, and a phone call to the credit card company sorted it out there and then. Seems Paypal is an easier way to sort things out these days. Either way, I usually get stuff from China in about 3 or 4 weeks. Just that in this case with the tracking number not showing any activity of any sort ( like not showing it even leaving the port in Shenzhen or wherever ) had me wondering if everything was OK.

Assuming there's nothing to worry about, it should be another week or 2, I reckon.

Another trip to the beach, this time with some ship footage.

It seems that shipping is slow for most things from Asia at the moment. Has anyone had shipping updates?

I use a Bebop Drone and looking to replace/upgrade it. Great little drone, but i use it solely for photos and the quality is a bit too 'meh' at times, to be honest.

I do like the fact I can operate it from the phone, though.

Can I ask what the still images are like on this? and how it's controlled (phone, joypad, etc.?).

Cheers

I do like the fact I can operate it from the phone, though.

Can I ask what the still images are like on this? and how it's controlled (phone, joypad, etc.?).

The still images are pretty decent, you can shoot in raw format too. I uploaded some example images, think on page 8 of this thread. They're in the Google drive link.

It's controlled with a combination of your phone(iOS and android app) and the included controller. It has a 4KM range so the controller is essential.

Down to around 360euro now. The only issue is recently deliveries from Asia are taking longer than they used to, up to 6 weeks in some cases. Have a read of the thread for people's experiences. There's also loads of YouTube footage and tutorials. It's incredibly easy to fly.

Nothing changed re the shipping. It will be a month at the end of next week since it was shipped. 5 weeks from ordering.

Nothing changed re the shipping. It will be a month at the end of next week since it was shipped. 5 weeks from ordering.

Disappointing.. I've been reading other threads and something is delaying Asian shipments. I'm waiting 6 weeks for an android box. I really hope something happens for you this week mate

I use a Bebop Drone and looking to replace/upgrade it. Great little drone, but i use it solely for photos and the quality is a bit too 'meh' at times, to be honest.

This s an interesting review after 6 months of use

Here's the RAW photos again

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0DZIMcDLfl3Vl9RSXJOY1ZjY0k?usp=sharing

Another trip to the beach, this time with some ship footage.

It seems that shipping is slow for most things from Asia at the moment. Has anyone had shipping updates?

Great video. Unfortunately I’m still waiting. Decided to drop them an IM last week. I got this response "We are writing to inform you that due to security checks by the UK Customs, your package may be delayed. We estimate that the Customs clearance process will be completed by the Oct.23th"

• Advertisement

Great video. Unfortunately I’m still waiting. Decided to drop them an IM last week. I got this response "We are writing to inform you that due to security checks by the UK Customs, your package may be delayed. We estimate that the Customs clearance process will be completed by the Oct.23th"
    Did your shipping info change from Sorry, your shipping information has not updated yet! ?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Where are you guys ordering this from, I'll be shipping it to my parents address so don't want to hit them with custom charges!!

logistic wrote:

Cheers!

Ok, that's a promising update. Maybe they're all sitting in customs (not Irish customs I'm sure, so nothing to worry about, yet anyway). The 23rd is Monday, so hopefully you'll have some movement early in the week.

Did your shipping info change from Sorry, your shipping information has not updated yet! ?

No still says that. My shipped date was 30th so it’s been 15 working days so far.

Where are you guys ordering this from, I'll be shipping it to my parents address so don't want to hit them with custom charges!!
    Got it from Gearbest as per tedpans op. It's a Chinese site, so it is liable for customs. It seems they use the UK as a "proxy" so it looks like it comes from the EU, thereby not incurring any charges. Or so I understand. But nothing is for certain with customs
    No still says that. My shipped date was 30th so it’s been 15 working days so far.

I'm one day ahead of you, so it'll be interesting to see the progress. However, I also ordered another item from China the same day, with the same shipping date, with no update on it's progress, so it looks like just waiting it out.

Cheers.

The pics look quite good. Definitely promising.

I had the review video on in the background but can't really watch it properly at the moment, so im not sure if this is discussed in it, but can you comment on battery life?

With my Bebop i get about 6-7 mins at most out of a battery, and i have 3 batteries (2 came with it and one i got myself). Is this much the same, and if so, can you buy extra batteries handy enough?

I'm expecting a bit of cash in the bank on monday morning for buying things i dont really need, and at less than €400, it seems like it'd be a sensible purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

I got it a month to the day of it being shipped, hopefully you wont be waiting much longer :) what is your last update message re tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Think I might buy this, lol. Are there any extras I should be buying like adaptors, spare batteries etc?

EireCelt wrote: »
    I got it a month to the day of it being shipped, hopefully you wont be waiting much longer :) what is your last update message re tracking

No update at all. Just says "Sorry, your shipping information has not updated yet!" from date of shipping.
    Think I might buy this, lol. Are there any extras I should be buying like adaptors, spare batteries etc?

It seems the best accessory is a spare battery. I don't know for certain if spare props are included in the package, but tedpan would be in a much better position to answer those questions.

• Advertisement

Cheers.

The pics look quite good. Definitely promising.
    No probs!
    With my Bebop i get about 6-7 mins at most out of a battery, and i have 3 batteries (2 came with it and one i got myself). Is this much the same, and if so, can you buy extra batteries handy enough?

No, totally different, you're getting 18 minutes on a charge minimum and above 20 in calm conditions. You can get batteries easily although they are around 80euro a pop, so I purchased an extra one. They are 5100mah and are like a large laptop battery, extremely well made.

I'm expecting a bit of cash in the bank on monday morning for buying things i dont really need, and at less than €400, it seems like it'd be a sensible purchase.

Yep, it's superb value. If you have the cash I recommend it. As I said, the delivery is pretty slow and hard to track until it reaches the EU. Gearbest support is pretty ****e too. If you can get past that, all's good!

Give me a shout if you have any further questions.

Advertisement