Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-09-2020, 17:39   #5701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawgrad101 View Post
Anyone else still waiting to get their scripts back?
From March or from August ?

I’m waiting from August but it’s only been a week so I’m not expecting anything yet
Advertisement
28-09-2020, 17:43   #5702
nmurphy1441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawgrad101 View Post
Anyone else still waiting to get their scripts back?
I am too! They got onto me today to say my application has been processed! Just hope they get them to me before the 6th!
28-09-2020, 18:54   #5703
Oliphant2020!

Hi all - I’ve been looking at firms and the majority of them are not hiring for 2021! Does anyone know is this normal or because of Covid?

I planned to move abroad for a year or two but that got scrapped with Covid and now I’m afraid I won’t get a traineeship for years either and I’ll be really lost then

Last edited by Oliphant2020!; 28-09-2020 at 18:57.
28-09-2020, 18:58   #5704

[quote="Oliphant2020!;114756536"]Hi all - I’ve been looking at firms and the majority of them are not hiring for 2021! Does anyone know is this normal or because of Covid?

I planned to move abroad for a year or two but that got scrapped with Covid and now I’m afraid I won’t get a traineeship for years either and I’ll have nothing to do for a couple years

Tbh I’ve seen a good few that are hiring so I wouldn’t really worry tbh, if you still want to go abroad next year I would(providing corona has calmed) there’s always the possibility of being a legal secretary or executive for a year

Plus a few firms don’t actually hire until you have the FE1s completely done (like lemans and Philip Lee)
Thanks from:
28-09-2020, 19:18   #5705
Lawofattracti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliphant2020! View Post
Hi all - I’ve been looking at firms and the majority of them are not hiring for 2021! Does anyone know is this normal or because of Covid?

I planned to move abroad for a year or two but that got scrapped with Covid and now I’m afraid I won’t get a traineeship for years either and I’ll be really lost then
I could be wrong but most of the big firms usually hire a few years in advance - for example in 2018 they were hiring for 2020/21, unless they happened to have a some spaces left in their 2019 intake. This is due to the fact that most of the top firms hire mostly from their internships now and since interns are usually in their 3rd year, they offer them a training contract to start 2/3 years later. So sometimes when you see that in 2020 a firm is hiring for their 2022/23 intake it's simply because they have filled up their 2021 intake already with internship offers.

I could be wrong on this! But this is just what I've heard and is only relevant to the big firms that hire from internships (there are plenty of smaller firms that won't even look at you until you have your FE1s completed so there are still ootions). Definitely still worth applying though as even if you're made an offer for let's say 2022/23, there's always a massive chance you'll be able to start earlier. Every year they have trainees due to start that don't for a multiplicity of reasons (failed FE1s, signed multiple TCs, decided not to pursue a career in law, decided to do a masters or take a year out etc.)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-09-2020, 19:43   #5706
Aisbash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutHeadMia View Post
Has anyone elses application still not been approved? I submitted mine close to two weeks ago.
I have an order confirmation for my application which I made before the exams were postponed. I dont see anything regarding getting it approved when I log in to the Law Society. Do I need to receive an approval email or something?
28-09-2020, 21:24   #5707
arubamuuu

Would anyone be willing to share their Criminal law notes on Recklessness and Strict Liability? The notes I have are a bit long winded so was hoping for something more condensed and exam focused
29-09-2020, 00:04   #5708
lawDani

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie95 View Post
I would also include:
- Institutions/General Principles (Almost always comes up - boring but easy)
- Mergers to go alongside competition law
- Direct Effect & Supremacy to go alongside MS liability and judicial review
- (If you have time) Citizenship & Equality (I think these are the easiest and most interesting chapters so are easy to cover kinda last minute)

Thanks for the reply and advice I’ve been kind of beeezing through those along side other topics so I’ll give them more attention thank you !
Thanks from:
29-09-2020, 09:24   #5709
Oliphant2020!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisbash View Post
I have an order confirmation for my application which I made before the exams were postponed. I dont see anything regarding getting it approved when I log in to the Law Society. Do I need to receive an approval email or something?
I’m the same, my order went straight through. I think the approval might be for first time candidates? Could be mistaken though..
Advertisement
29-09-2020, 09:57   #5710
lawDani

sorry guys I know this is probably on the fe1 rules but could any body be so kind as to list the legislation we may bring in for EU?
29-09-2020, 10:02   #5711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisbash View Post
If you log in and go view my dashboard and then into my applications it should show you your application for the exams the date submitted and should say approved
29-09-2020, 11:22   #5712
Oliphant2020!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawDani View Post
sorry guys I know this is probably on the fe1 rules but could any body be so kind as to list the legislation we may bring in for EU?
The treaties! Usually all in the one book.. mine was blackstones
Thanks from:
29-09-2020, 11:45   #5713
rightytighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliphant2020! View Post

Dechert and Fieldfisher are two off the top of my head currently hiring for 2021
Thanks from:
29-09-2020, 13:56   #5714
Healyjhow

Just wondering if anyone has any advice as to what topics are essential for equity? Struggling to condense it down at the moment
Thanks from:
29-09-2020, 14:28   #5715
IgoPAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightytighty View Post
Dechert and Fieldfisher are two off the top of my head currently hiring for 2021
I've heard Dechert has the best trainee salary in the country! (should I say it with a French accent?)
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion