Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

My daughter used my referral sim and we both got free credit of €8.
    Then she got a message to set up iMessage on the iPhone which is a uk text service and used up 8c. So now she has €7.92 which won’t be enough to buy her next membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

jarvis wrote: »
    My daughter used my referral sim and we both got free credit of €8.
    Then she got a message to set up iMessage on the iPhone which is a uk text service and used up 8c. So now she has €7.92 which won’t be enough to buy her next membership.

Pain in the ass but she will need to top up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Pain in the ass but she will need to top up

...but only by one euro?

Ten Pin wrote: »
    ...but only by one euro?

Didn't realise you can enter an amount in manually as low as a euro. That's handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭mel123

Got my SIM card today, so i need a referral to get a new number and test it out before i decide to port over my vodafone, is that correct?

• Advertisement

mel123 wrote: »
    Got my SIM card today, so i need a referral to get a new number and test it out before i decide to port over my vodafone, is that correct?

Yes if you want to get the free credit. Have a look at the link in my signature, there's a thread I there for 48 referral links.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

- Activate SIM
    - Enter ACTIVATION CODE from the card (6 character code)
    - Select NEW NUMBER

There should 1GB data to use over 8 days to test it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Thanks for the info guys. I tipped her up by one euro and added a membership in advance. I’m happy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭glen123

longcock wrote: »
    Set you membership to Auto Renew and delete your payment card and the renew will take it from the credit on your account. If you had €96 on your account the auto renew will take it every month for a year,

How do you delete payment card details? I can only see Edit option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭djdunny

glen123 wrote: »
    How do you delete payment card details? I can only see Edit option?

Are you using the app? I think card adding/deleting can only be done on a browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

OK so on 48 a week now:
    Positives
    1.Coverage same as my previous network (tesco)
    2.Great data allowance 100gb

Negatives
    Only one, The app is terrible
    But I can happily put up with it as its a great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭blade1

castle2012 wrote: »
    OK so on 48 a week now:
    Positives
    1.Coverage same as my previous network (tesco)
    2.Great data allowance 100gb

Negatives
    Only one, The app is terrible
    But I can happily put up with it as its a great bargain.
    Just use browser instead of app and add the desktop icon to your home screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Question before I need to reorder a sim or not.
    Had been a 48 customer before and moved.
    Ordered a sim using friends referral link. Pretty sure I added my email when ordering.
    When it arrives is it possible to change my email address before porting so can avail of the 7.99 offer or should I just order a new SIM now with different email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,972 ✭✭✭Jeff2

gar wrote: »
    Question before I need to reorder a sim or not.
    Had been a 48 customer before and moved.
    Ordered a sim using friends referral link. Pretty sure I added my email when ordering.
    When it arrives is it possible to change my email address before porting so can avail of the 7.99 offer or should I just order a new SIM now with different email address?
    I'd go to the website now login then click top left.

Then go to settings and change your email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

I wonder will there be a 5G add on now that Three have enabled 5G

This form an article back in June

"5G is “also in the plans” for the 48 service, executives say, even though Three has not yet launched its 5G service in Ireland."

It took them years to get 4G (2019 vs 2014 for 3) when it was standard on nearly every other network, I wouldn't be holding my breath for 5G!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I'd go to the website now login then click top left.

Then go to settings and change your email address.

I'll give that a lash now and see what happens when SIM arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭KildareP

Peaking a fantastic 2.17Mbps on 4G+ tonight.
    Or a faster 7.3Mbps upload...

How's everyone else's speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

Lucky to see 1mb atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭the rock29

Just retest I found that worked are you on the right APN mine kept going to Tesco which changed to 48. http://48months.tweakker.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

Yeah it's been this poor for about 2 hours with several restarts and rest the apn as well, just horrible this evening. Was fine earlier

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

16.2 and 8.4 here in Finglas, Dublin 11 just now.
    In the same l0cation last week with gomo I was on E with one bar and couldn’t even take a phone call.

I use WiFi at home obviously so the signal boost is worth it alone for the call quality.

Edit - where can I check my settings?
    I noticed on the Speedtest app I was connected to Tesco mobile and eir somehow?
    In my moline data settings on iPhone, they are all blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭the rock29

Can tell us where your testing from what part of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

I'm with 48 since this new deal started,
    So far so good, hope if keeps up.

gar wrote: »
    I'll give that a lash now and see what happens when SIM arrives

The site seem odd to use sometimes.

This link should take you to settings and my details is where you change email address.

Also leads to move my number.

https://48.ie/my48/settings

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ismamai

KildareP wrote: »
    Peaking a fantastic 2.17Mbps on 4G+ tonight.
    Or a faster 7.3Mbps upload...

How's everyone else's speeds?

Download 0.63Mbps Upload 0.24Mbps
    This is Dublin 1

Still debating about leaving gomo for 48
    Gomo speed test just gave
    Download 37.7Mbps Upload 10.32Mbps

Sometimes 48.ie is faster, but in many occasions upload is less than 1Mbps :(

Dublin 7 and GOMO works ok on phone but in test looks bad compared to other peoples test.

48 at times went way up but mostly lower.

I'm just moving one number so I'm not too bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭glen123

djdunny wrote: »
    Are you using the app? I think card adding/deleting can only be done on a browser.

I am using Chrome browser. Checked the app - looks similar. In both I can Edit card details, not delete the card.

But found this on their site, so looks like turning off Auto renewal and renewing manually will give an option to either use Credit or Card. Auto renewal will charge Card automatically.

How to add your membership.

Login to your My48 on desktop or App.
    Go to >> Membership or in a hurry click here
    If you have an active membership and want to renew this again then select "Buy next membership"
    If your current membership has expired or you want to change to another membership then chose from the available options displayed.
    Once you've selected the membership you want, a new screen will display your purchase summary.
    You'll have the option to pay from your registered card, your available credit balance or you can add a new payment card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

Is there WiFi calling option with 48?

robwen wrote: »
    Is there WiFi calling option with 48?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭KildareP

the rock29 wrote: »
    Just retest I found that worked are you on the right APN mine kept going to Tesco which changed to 48. http://48months.tweakker.com/
    On the correct APN alright, just that speedtest often identifies Liffey Telecom as Tesco Mobile.

Anyway, have had enough.

Ported away this morning and ComReg complaint updated.

Anyone on the GoMo €9.99 deal I would strongly recommend you stick with it!! 48's customer care is non-existent and they do not monitor their complaints mailbox so if you have anything that cannot be solved by livechat, you're completely screwed.
    ComReg won't take over the handling of any issue until you've exhausted every possible opportunity to get the network to deal with your case first so you'll be waiting weeks rather than days for an ultimate resolution as you need to run down the clock of 48 ignoring you first.

Advertisement