Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6 months free VPN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Any idea if this works for bbc iplayer? Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Any idea if this works for bbc iplayer? Thanks OP

Does

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Does

Which location do you use because I've had no luck in the past with any of the UK sites for iPlayer. Itv hub and 5 no problem, just fecking BBC doesn't work.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I normally use getflix but just did a test with keepsolid using south London server signed into bbc and I’ve got it playing fine

I tried that, I need to look again. Tried Coventry, iplayer, London, Isle of Man! None worked. Cleared cache before each attempt. That's on a shield. I'll give it another go tomorrow. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

do i need to subscribe for 1 year to get 6 months free ?

• Advertisement

I’m using a shield too, have you checked all the location settings are turned off ?
    Some people recommend the ipv6 also be turned off but I’ve not noticed that making a difference tbh

Yeah, well location in settings is off, ipv6 is off. Thanks anyway, and sorry for taking the bargain off topic.

It's a decent enough cheap vpn for bypassing most Geo blocks, I've used on and off for a year.

Edit: so BBC iPlayer definitely works with this vpn, works well on my phone. I just haven't figured out why not on my Shield yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

Just watched a show on Iplayer with no bother, current Vpn I pay for kept spinning circle

One thing to watch out on Keepsolid is the device slots:

You can have 5 for free, but need to wait a week to get one if you uninstall and reinstall the app etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Works great for BBC iPlayer and YouTube. I haven't been able to get it to work for Netflix though (Windows 10, through browser and app). Maybe I'm missing a trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Does this work for mobile or is it solely for computers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Does this work for mobile or is it solely for computers ?

It's working on my p30 Pro so no issues on mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Cheers op was looking for a VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Would this be ok for use on firestick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Works on everything bar the microwave
    Wouldn't be so sure....

https://www.lifewire.com/smart-microwave-4159823

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Lifetime vpn, use the code VPNUSAVE15 using stacksocial

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription?aid=a-eavs0v5m

Pay by PayPal to get it for the below price
    12.83€ or 15$

Ends today Tuesday

GBX wrote: »
    Would this be ok for use on firestick ?
    Yes, but don't sideload the phone version.
    Instructions on Keepsolid on how to install for firestick

It's working on my p30 Pro so no issues on mobile

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

I'm using it on firestick with BBC iPlayer. No problem opening iPlayer and using menus but keep getting the same message when I go to play something: "Something went wrong loading this program."

Anyone have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

JCDUB wrote: »
    I'm using it on firestick with BBC iPlayer. No problem opening iPlayer and using menus but keep getting the same message when I go to play something: "Something went wrong loading this program."

Anyone have any advice?

I was getting this myself all the time.

What I did was logged out of the apps on firestick, cleared data and cache in settings. Deleted my iplayer account.

Then started the VPN on phone and firestick (london) re-signed up to bbc iplayer on phone and stuck in a UK postcode. Then loaded up the app on tv and entered code through the phone to activate on the tv..

Maybe an easier way? but that worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭patspost

I don't see a Redeem box anywhere to put in the code, am I missing something?
    Is it on the app or website?

Website once you set up your account

Also on app, top left

• Advertisement

Not working on iPlayer for me any ideas to get around it. Works on 5 player ??

it isnt the vpn that is not working it is something on your device stopping you viewing, have you tried clearing cache and turning off location services etc

Tried all that clearing the cache and data also location is off, tried the 3 UK locations and Isle of Man but still can't get it to work. Using Motorola G8 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Says wrong code when I click redeem and enter. Expired?

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Tried all that clearing the cache and data also location is off, tried the 3 UK locations and Isle of Man but still can't get it to work. Using Motorola G8 plus
    BBC iplayer stopped working on vpn, the bbc streaming option was removed. There is another thread, look at lifetime vpn.

Tusky wrote: »
    Says wrong code when I click redeem and enter. Expired?
    offer probably ended so.

Bbc iplayer back working on keepsolid

Advertisement