Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stopped paying child maintenance after 18 years

• 27-09-2020 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all looking for advice.
    The father of my son stopped paying maintenance of 200e 2 months after my son turned 18. He has no relationship with him and hasn't since day 1. He has paid the maintenance through court order.
    Can I get this reinstated or is that the end of it?
    My son is not in college
    Thanks, chloe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Your adult son?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Given that your son is not in college, which would extend the support until 23, then no, it cannot be re-instated unless your son is dependent on you due to a disability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

No. Maintenance is only payable until 18 years unless in full time education.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

€200 a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

This is a joke.. .. right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

€200 a week?

I assumed that was per month. You'd want to be on big money for a court to order 200 per week imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Ignore the smart-arse answers OP, it depends on whether you child in full-time education or has special needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭carfinder

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Ignore the smart-arse answers OP, it depends on whether you child in full-time education or has special needs.

I didn't see an smart arse answers, and Post 3 has already given the answer you gave but acknowledged the OP's adult child is not in college.

OP - does your son work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Thinking if he is 18 is no longer a child and an adult and should be our earning a wage.Covid is wrecking many things.

Advertisement