Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

• 10-09-2020 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

All social/population control measures introduced by the state security apparatus as a result of this health scare will be, and have always intended to be, permanent in my view. Here are a few reasons why:
    a) Because they already have shown that they are stringing people along. The publicans, for example, have been assured every couple of weeks for the whole summer that they will be allowed to reopen, but the government had no intention of allowing this. First it was to stop the spread of the disease altogether, then it was 'flattening the curve' and now it is in response to an increase in cases which they know perfectly well had to follow an increase in testing. You don't want to be the donkey chasing the carrot here!

b) Because they have invested so much money and time in changing the whole apparatus of society, in schools for example, and other places. Clearly these changes were not implemented in order to disappear in only a few weeks, they show the planning and expense of permanent measures.

c) Because the state has a record of never releasing back to the population rights that they seized during some panic. A few examples:
    i) During the hype about TB in the 1950s the state introduced a voluntary scheme to control the disease in cattle. It involved those who had tested negative for the disease to be given a special tag and the farmer a 'herd number'. This voluntary scheme then evolved into the state controlling all aspects of agricultural activity by only allowing any such activity - even keeping a few hens - with the permission of the state, via compulsory herd numbers.
    ii) Similar to this current panic, in the 1970s the state amended earlier WWII legislation to enable it to abolish jury trials. This was a great shock to the legal profession - even to the then President - and affront to the time honoured legal practices in Ireland but it was rushed through on the basis of sunset clauses whereby it would have to be renewed every year, and hence was temporary. Of course it is still with us long after the troubles have ended.
    iii) After 9/11 and some hyped episodes like 'underwear bombers', this state and all around the world introduced time consuming and very intrusive security procedures particularly at airports. This of course is still with us long after the scare has died down.

d) This last point I am sure some of you will not get, but I will make it anyway. These measures are being rolled out precisely because they have huge social and population control advantages for the state, hence they are only piggy backing on the virus to do what they have all along planned to do, and hence have no intention of ever releasing you in the future from their newly introduced grip.

So look if you want to get your life back you should join the demonstrations next Saturday at 2.00pm at the Customs House and the Dáil in Dublin. You will not get released from this vice otherwise, they will compel you to harm your own health via vaccines and masks (of course it harms your health by restricting your breathing, and harming your health does not help somebody else), and otherwise we will descend further into this nightmare of Communist style spying on neighbours and bullying people in the name of social conformity.

http://www.orwellianireland.com

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

brianhere wrote: »

So look if you want to get your life back you should join the demonstrations next Saturday at 2.00pm at the Customs House and the Dáil in Dublin. You will not get released from this vice otherwise, they will compel you to harm your own health via vaccines and masks (of course it harms your health by restricting your breathing, and harming your health does not help somebody else), and otherwise we will descend further into this nightmare of Communist style spying on neighbours and bullying people in the name of social conformity.

And dont forget your tin foil hats!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cgq300

All social/population control measures introduced by the state security apparatus as a result of this health scare will be, and have always intended to be, permanent in my view. Here are a few reasons why:
    a) Because they already have shown that they are stringing people along. The publicans, for example, have been assured every couple of weeks for the whole summer that they will be allowed to reopen, but the government had no intention of allowing this. First it was to stop the spread of the disease altogether, then it was 'flattening the curve' and now it is in response to an increase in cases which they know perfectly well had to follow an increase in testing. You don't want to be the donkey chasing the carrot here!

b) Because they have invested so much money and time in changing the whole apparatus of society, in schools for example, and other places. Clearly these changes were not implemented in order to disappear in only a few weeks, they show the planning and expense of permanent measures.

c) Because the state has a record of never releasing back to the population rights that they seized during some panic. A few examples:
    i) During the hype about TB in the 1950s the state introduced a voluntary scheme to control the disease in cattle. It involved those who had tested negative for the disease to be given a special tag and the farmer a 'herd number'. This voluntary scheme then evolved into the state controlling all aspects of agricultural activity by only allowing any such activity - even keeping a few hens - with the permission of the state, via compulsory herd numbers.
    ii) Similar to this current panic, in the 1970s the state amended earlier WWII legislation to enable it to abolish jury trials. This was a great shock to the legal profession - even to the then President - and affront to the time honoured legal practices in Ireland but it was rushed through on the basis of sunset clauses whereby it would have to be renewed every year, and hence was temporary. Of course it is still with us long after the troubles have ended.
    iii) After 9/11 and some hyped episodes like 'underwear bombers', this state and all around the world introduced time consuming and very intrusive security procedures particularly at airports. This of course is still with us long after the scare has died down.

d) This last point I am sure some of you will not get, but I will make it anyway. These measures are being rolled out precisely because they have huge social and population control advantages for the state, hence they are only piggy backing on the virus to do what they have all along planned to do, and hence have no intention of ever releasing you in the future from their newly introduced grip. For more details on that see here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgx5mzntpjyqvj9/Communism%20is%20the%20Virus.pdf .

I'd be more concerned of the health impacts the weight of wearing your tin foil hat will cause than the health impact of wearing a mask if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Something like this is a bit too far IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Everything that's happening in front of your eyes would have been dismissed as a whacko conspiracy theory nine months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

this warrants a protest more than water meters in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

OP, I can't believe you forgot to mention the deep state controlling our minds with 5G.

OMG, they have got to you already :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Pretty much every government that has been elected in the free world spent as much as they can. Whatever they raise in taxes they spend. Budget surpluses tend be be either a fluke or like the ones under Bill Clinton which were caused by republicans blocking stuff.

The idea that governments elected by the people want to stop us going out and spending is beyond stupid. They are stopping us because they dont want to be blamed for deaths.

And it's all tin foil facemasks these days..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Moved to Conspiracy Theory forum. Local charter applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Stop the demos if no masks worn and no SD.

Rent a crowd again.

We are coping well, I can go for a pint, to the shops, into town on the LUAS, travel the country, schools are open again, the LC wasn't the disaster forecast, what's the problem?

Most people will avoid anything to do with the go against everything crowd. But everyone knows who you are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I read the charter and changed my mind about what I posted originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

sabat wrote: »
    Everything that's happening in front of your eyes would have been dismissed as a whacko conspiracy theory nine months ago.

The world has had pandemics before, the last major one in 1918, people had to wear masks and socially distance.

What this current pandemic has done is once again expose that society has a layer of alarmist loons and straight-up morons who are incapable of basic common sense and reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭brianhere

In Ireland in the flu pandemic people most certainly did not socially distance or wear masks, such nonsense they could not get away with then. There was some voluntary closure of cinemas and schools for a while, remember that was a real pandemic in the sense that it had a genuinely high death rate, but all of that was strictly voluntary, no government mandate on those lines was permitted or possible anyway under Irish law at the time.

In Ireland in the flu pandemic people most certainly did not socially distance or wear masks, such nonsense they could not get away with then. There was some voluntary closure of cinemas and schools for a while, remember that was a real pandemic in the sense that it had a genuinely high death rate, but all of that was strictly voluntary, no government mandate on those lines was permitted or possible anyway under Irish law at the time.

Just reading your first post now, are you encouraging people to get together without masks and adherence to social distancing rules?

d) This last point I am sure some of you will not get, but I will make it anyway. These measures are being rolled out precisely because they have huge social and population control advantages for the state, hence they are only piggy backing on the virus to do what they have all along planned to do, and hence have no intention of ever releasing you in the future from their newly introduced grip. For more details on that see here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgx5mzntpjyqvj9/Communism%20is%20the%20Virus.pdf .

Wow, so many questions:

1. Who's the "they" you keep referring to here? For example, who's the "they" in Ireland, please provide names.

2. It sounds like you think social distancing is part of some nefarious plan, can you please outline what this plan actually is, who it's being carried out by (e.g. names) and what is it's goal?

3. Why are we being told to wear masks if it's not to mitigate the spread of the virus? what possible alternative reason is there? (made-up answers will be ignored)

Thanks

Good questions but they are answered already if you read the link posted:

Mod: link deleted. No external files.

Good questions but they are answered already if you read the link posted:

No thanks, I'm not clicking on that, nor am I going to read some lengthy manifesto, or listen to some 3 hour podcast, or watch some 2 hour Youtube video

They are straightforward questions

You seem to only tolerate simplistic answers, sometimes it requires going into in a little depth I am afraid! But it's only a small book, it won't bite you!

You seem to only tolerate simplistic answers

Am looking for straightforward answers. Here are the questions again:

1. Who's the "they" you keep referring to here? For example, who's the "they" in Ireland, please provide names.

2. It sounds like you think social distancing is part of some nefarious plan, can you please outline what this plan actually is, who it's being carried out by (e.g. names) and what is it's goal?

3. Why are we being told to wear masks if it's not to mitigate the spread of the virus? what possible alternative reason is there? (made-up answers will be ignored)

If they are too complex, I can simplify. If you can't answer them or don't want to, that's fine, just say so

Am very, very familiar with posters presenting theories here they can't answer any questions about or provide even basic details about. Maybe this one is different, we'll find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Why is this too far?

Data collection and the use of it in our everyday lives is nothing new. This is what the future looks like, you can't be afraid of change or look for Orwellian undertones in every government initiative you come across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    No thanks, I'm not clicking on that, nor am I going to read some lengthy manifesto, or listen to some 3 hour podcast, or watch some 2 hour Youtube video

They are straightforward questions

You might get a laugh out of it, I thought it was a national lampoon. Full of inaccuracies and clearly pushing an agenda, hence why he has to push it on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Pubs should stay closed permanently.

It’s a great chance for us to break the drink culture.

We should only allow alcohol sales on premises where minimum 2/3 of their revenue is food and no alcohol only sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,515 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You seem to only tolerate simplistic answers, sometimes it requires going into in a little depth I am afraid! But it's only a small book, it won't bite you!

This is a discussion site. If you're not going to discuss what you dump here, don't dump it here, and don't post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The world has had pandemics before, the last major one in 1918, people had to wear masks and socially distance.

What this current pandemic has done is once again expose that society has a layer of alarmist loons and straight-up morons who are incapable of basic common sense and reasoning.
    You're making that up, as long as the war lasted the authorities played down the extent of the 'Spanish flu'. There was a war to be finished!
    Are you telling us that troops going and returning from the front socially distanced? Did the women working in munition factories socially distance?
    All the photos of people wearing masks appear to have been taken in 1919 and by then the damage was done, the worst was over and the virus had more or less run its course.

You're making that up

People had to wear masks and socially distanced in 1918
    In St. Louis, shortly after the first cases of influenza were detected in the city during the 1918 flu pandemic, authorities implemented school closures, bans on public gatherings and other social-distancing interventions.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_distancing
    Newspapers printed instructions for how people could make their own masks at home. People who didn’t comply might face prison time, fines or having their name published in the paper, revealing they were a “mask slacker.”

Crosby writes that flu cases in San Francisco declined in early November. Residents continued to wear their masks through the November 5 election, in which Woodrow Wilson won a second term. After armistice on November 11, San Francisco ended its mask order. A spike in January 1919 led the city to implement a second masking order, but this one faced more resistance.
    https://www.history.com/news/1918-pandemic-public-health-campaigns

They even understood about flattening the curve
    In 1918, the studies found, the key to flattening the curve was social distancing. And that likely remains true a century later, in the current battle against coronavirus. “[T]here is an invaluable treasure trove of useful historical data that has only just begun to be used to inform our actions,” Columbia University epidemiologist Stephen S. Morse wrote in an analysis of the data. “The lessons of 1918, if well heeded, might help us to avoid repeating the same history today.”
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/03/how-cities-flattened-curve-1918-spanish-flu-pandemic-coronavirus/#:~:text=In%201918%2C%20the%20studies%20found,the%20current%20battle%20against%20coronavirus.

The only difference with today seems to be the scale and implementation. There were even "anti-maskers" back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I see a few US cities made some effort but the reality is thousands of US troops were shipped to France in overcrowded troop ships when the virus was out of control, as for this side of the Atlantic ....
    But according to Dr Mark Honigsbaum, medical historian and author of The Pandemic Century, the language of 'carry on' originates not from World War Two but World War One. It is traced back to comments made in 1918 by Sir Arthur Newsholme, Britain’s then senior medical officer, in response to the outbreak of Spanish flu, a deadly strain of the H1N1 virus first spotted in late 1917.

By late 1918, ministers were aware of the horrific potential impact of the virus, which was known to turn its victims’ bodies blue and black before death, and so drafted a memorandum which advised Britons to isolate themselves at home if they were sick, and avoid any public gatherings.

But the nation was also facing its final stretch of the First World War, which had already claimed hundreds of thousands of British lives, and Sir Arthur worried that telling workers to stay at home could hinder Britain's war effort. Men and women needed to return to the factories day after day if Germany was to be defeated, officials believed, and so the memorandum was buried. Instead, Sir Arthur told the Royal Society of Medicine that Britain’s “major duty” was to “carry on” largely as normal, “even when risk to health and life is involved”.

I see a few US cities made some effort

I wrote that in 1918 people wore masks and socially distanced, which you claimed was made up. It happened. Even back then, with their extremely limited knowledge, they knew that masks and social distancing mitigated a contagious virus.

It was to underscore the point that the world has had pandemics before in a thread that is trying to portray the current pandemic as some sort of "conspiracy" and has the usual anti-mask whataboutery.

As for your other point about WW1, yeah it was a world war, would have been almost impossible to enforce social distancing, and from what I've read there wasn't much will for it. Back then attrition through disease in the military was basically just an accepted part of war.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I wrote that in 1918 people wore masks and socially distanced

You can even see that here

l-61368-the-image-they-dont-want-you-to-see-a-1g-cell-tower-during-the-spanish-flu-pandemic-of-1918.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Foot and Mouth came and went.

There was certain measures brought in to inhibit that. Once the threat went, so too did the extra measures.

I think 5G is rotting OP's brain! ;-p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

sabat wrote: »

Back when the worlds governments were using facial recognition to track and control us all, but then did a complete 180 and are now using face coverings to control us?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement