Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

• 11-11-2016 12:02am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The last thread was nearing the 10k post limit so here's part 3.

The same rules as the last thread apply here. People seem to have strong opinions either way when it comes to McGregor and threads here tend to get a bit heated from time to time. Please keep it civil and discuss all things Conor in a mature way.

Any name-calling, trolling, baiting, or being a general ass-hat will earn you a ban from the thread and possibly the forum.
    If you have an issue with a post, please use the report post function.

Any off topic posts will be deleted.
    Any "Do you even train Bro?" or "I'm an mma fan longer than you" type posts are not permitted either. They only make you look like a fool and as a result, everyone hates you. Yes everyone.

**Upate with Mayweather vs McGregor announced**

Lads consider this the one and only warning - big fight with a lot of hype around it. It brings new fans to the forum as well as the regulars so try and get along. Any trolling or nonsense and people will find themselves on a break from the forum and that applies to everyone.

Comments

• In for new thread :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

After that conference I'm VERY worried about Conor

• py2006 wrote: »

Why? It was just all acting up to sell the PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

py2006 wrote: »
    Why? He looked like he was having a great laugh up there, also looks like he sank about 12 espresso's ha.

Eddie on the other hand looks a bit off. Reminds me of Poirer like the lads have said already. He's agitated, as much as he's trying to play it down. Easy to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

His sanity or his choice in Mink coats?

Why? It was just all acting up to sell the PPV.

Perhaps. I just didn't think he was himself. More wound up by his opponent.

I really don't like the whole look at my wealth stuff

• py2006 wrote: »
    Perhaps. I just didn't think he was himself.

Arrived late? Check!
    Turn up wearing weird clothes? Check!
    Grab opponents belt? Check!

Among other, things. I ijust think Eddie is so bland Conor wasn't able to get much banter going between them, he is to akward.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

I was to. But seeing everyone else's opinion brought me back.
    When Conor toke his belt I thought yes that will get under his skin. But after Eddie got it back I think Conor looked abit shook from it.

Interesting reaction (or lack of) from Conor re the kids comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Anyone want to have a guess what time the main event will be Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

There's no redirect or anything in the old thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I took Alvarez's comments about Dee having 2 kids as her being pregnant and Connor being the other kid, given how he acts.

Still though, Eddie looks fairly rattled and couldn't really handle it, if he does go out to try and take McGregors head off early doors it could be a very interesting 1st round. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Eddie looked more shook than I thought he would. Poirier-esque.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I took Alvarez's comments about Dee having 2 kids as her being pregnant and Connor being the other kid, given how he acts.

Still though, Eddie looks fairly rattled and couldn't really handle it, if he does go out to try and take McGregors head off early doors it could be a very interesting 1st round. :o early snooze for Eddie

FYP

Conor knew to go straight for Eddies belt. I.e. He knew he had left. So he must have been watching it on his phone on the way to the venue like he did for the 202 presser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

what did connor say about eddies family?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Shane St. wrote: »
    what did connor say about eddies family?

His wife and kids won't recognise him and beg him not to fight anymore when he's finished with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

First page, got to have this on it

AsGXAVF.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Everyone going on about the belts... You know they're all identical, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

I thought he oozed confidence. Not sure people think he looked shook.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭ Tripp Modern Self-sacrifice

McGregor was very dull in that press conference besides the belt grabbing incident. "Suck these big irish balls" is probably the most childish, unfunny retort I ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Dana during the faceoff was hilarious, he was so worried about upsetting the NYSAC "I ****ed up with the Joanna thing, please don't touch eachother".

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

McGregor was very dull in that press conference besides the belt grabbing incident. "Suck these big irish balls" is probably the most childish, unfunny retort I ever heard.

Huh?

The rocking up late after clearly going somewhere to buy a white fur coat to look like Frazier? The knicking of the belt? The little dusting off motions after being manhandled by Dana + security? The 'How much would a chair cost me' comment? The 'best sellers' comment? The 'don't touch the coat' to Eddie comment?

McGregor was in fine form. Jovial, confident, under Eddie's skin. Reminds me of him pre-Aldo, when imo he was in his best form and was winning fights before they entered the octagon.

Dana during the faceoff was hilarious, he was so worried about upsetting the NYSAC "I ****ed up with the Joanna thing, please don't touch eachother".

Hahah yeh, kept going 'My bad, my bad...' after JJ tried to loaf her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Not a peep out of McG both times Eddie mentioned him getting another chick knocked up. Is this a rumour that has been doing the rounds?

JJayoo wrote: »
    Not a peep out of McG both times Eddie mentioned him getting another chick knocked up. Is this a rumour that has been doing the rounds?

McGregor's too clever at slagging to get suckered into a 'gossip' slagging match. He was right to stay nothing when his missus' name was being brought into it.

TBH I very much doubt we'd be hearing of this rumour from Eddie before hearing atleast some sort of rumour on the internet first. I can't see Eddie having anyone that close to McGregor to know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rossi.

Obviously he has little in his prepared script to answer with. I dont think this is anything but eddie throwing words.

• Advertisement

My money is on his information being wrong. At this stage, Stevie Wonder could tell you Dee is pregnant. I was told a while back that it was with twins and that word came on the grapevine from someone connected to a top SBG fighter. Whether that's true or not we'll wait and see.

I'd be extremely surprised if he got another girl pregnant. Purely because he's been in camp rock solid for the last 5 months and before that he was in camp for Diaz 1 and Aldo. The only realistic explanation for that conspiracy theory would be if he fooled around with some girl at his Diaz 2 afterparty somewhere. Just can't see it happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement