Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

babymanval wrote: »
    http://www.travelcounsellors.ie/hazel.fogarty - This lady was referred to me a couple of years ago and has done a few weekend city breaks/sun holliers for me. She did my Boston trip, and have just gone through her for July in Vegas too (I need to sort fight ticket directly). Got a good all-in deal for flights/MGM/shows. My hotel messed up at checkin in Boston and she had it sorted in about 20 mins with a better room. Serious peace of mind for the shorter trips.

Roll on July takeover!! :D:D:D
    ciano316 wrote: »
    How much flights and Accom?

She got me €1,279 flights and accom in MGM Thurs 9th to Sun 12th July. That was within 30 mins of fight announcement last weekend though. Prices look like they're rocketing up since. Has got back to a mate of mine's enquiry with a good price considering today also.

I normally do some shopping around and MAYBE I could shave €50 quid off here or there online, but I use her for the peace of mind as she's always very responsive and gets things sorted if anyone stuffs up along the way. Had an awful experience with booking stuff myself few years back in Rome. I literally just send her a text/email. I needed a queen + rollaway this time around, which I reckon will be nigh-on impossible to guarantee for the dates as there's hundreds of groups gonna be looking for one. I know she'll be hassling her contact in MGM for it in the run-up on my behalf though.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Fair enough, if correct you got a great deal. Just sounds too good to be true.

7th to 13th is 6 nights, not 7. And currently for those 6 nights through the likes of booking.com or expedia, it comes to almost €800 once you add tax and resort fees.

Unless yer doll has naked photos of the MGM's manager, I don't know how she gets a deal that cheap.

Ha Ha.... Good spot... 6 nights is correct for July (was getting mixed up with the 7 nights in March).

Went on ie.alpharooms.com the day that JK was on Newstalk saying to not book for May. Took the chance on the 11/7/15 as fight day and it worked out.

We head over once a year to Vegas so have learned to book as early as possible.

P.S. We will be having a family meeting also to ascertain if in fact said naked photos of the MGM manager are on anybody's phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

She got me €1,279 flights and accom in MGM Thurs 9th to Sun 12th July. That was within 30 mins of fight announcement last weekend though. Prices look like they're rocketing up since. Has got back to a mate of mine's enquiry with a good price considering today also.

I normally do some shopping around and MAYBE I could shave €50 quid off here or there online, but I use her for the peace of mind as she's always very responsive and gets things sorted if anyone stuffs up along the way. Had an awful experience with booking stuff myself few years back in Rome. I literally just send her a text/email. I needed a queen + rollaway this time around, which I reckon will be nigh-on impossible to guarantee for the dates as there's hundreds of groups gonna be looking for one. I know she'll be hassling her contact in MGM for it in the run-up on my behalf though.

I dunno if it's just the McGregor fight you wanna see but I'm nearly sure the Ultimate Fighter Finale will be on the Sunday the 12th in Vegas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Don't book with etravel just been scammed for 500 euro extra!! Becarefull

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Lads anyone who went for the package deal for flIghts and hotel is the flight leaving Dublin at 8:40? I have the hotel but went on skyscanner and saw good flights for €840 that i think is the same one the package will use. If so the connecting flight leaves gatwick at 10:20 so that leaves you an hour and 20mins to get the connection? Is that pushing it tight? Especially if the flight leaving Dublin is delayed?

• Advertisement

but1er wrote: »
    Don't book with etravel just been scammed for 500 euro extra!! Becarefull

What happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

It's a bit like euro 2012 isn't it.

Loads of bandwagoners just going over to get pissed. Bet some won't even end up watching the fight.

Hope Aldo gets a knockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GAA2TheCore

Gits_bone wrote: »
    It's a bit like euro 2012 isn't it.

Loads of bandwagoners just going over to get pissed. Bet some won't even end up watching the fight.

Havta agree think aldo will absolutely hammer him and would love to see aldo break him and knock him out in the first round

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

johnpro wrote: »
    Lads anyone who went for the package deal for flIghts and hotel is the flight leaving Dublin at 8:40? I have the hotel but went on skyscanner and saw good flights for €840 that i think is the same one the package will use. If so the connecting flight leaves gatwick at 10:20 so that leaves you an hour and 20mins to get the connection? Is that pushing it tight? Especially if the flight leaving Dublin is delayed?

I paid an extra 30 quid for an earlier flight from Dublin, leave a 3 hour break in London instead.

Just not worth having to chase around to make a connection in 1 hr 20. I booked through Expedia. Skyscanner only showed the 8:40 flight, Expedia gave a 7:10 option too.

Especially with US pre clearance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Gits_bone wrote: »

Ah bloody hell, hadn't heard from you in a while. It's been pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

THere's nothing more baffling than bandwagoners complaining about bandwagoners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Mellor wrote: »
    THere's nothing more baffling than bandwagoners complaining about bandwagoners.

If we don't feed it, it might stop coming back ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Ah bloody hell, hadn't heard from you in a while. It's been pleasant.

I'm sorry I don't love McGregor because he's Irish :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

I paid an extra 30 quid for an earlier flight from Dublin, leave a 3 hour break in London instead.

Just not worth having to chase around to make a connection in 1 hr 20. I booked through Expedia. Skyscanner only showed the 8:40 flight, Expedia gave a 7:10 option too.

I'll check Expedia and see, thanks for that. There was a Ryanair flight for €32 leaving at around that time I was considering getting that to make sure theres no pressure but was worried there'd be hassle with arriving in London having "missed" my scheduled 8:40 flight

Absolutely, Was in a bar last night showing highlights of Silva v Diaz on one of the screens with the sound down to hear from the table next to me ' McGregor would batter both of them one after another' :confused::confused:

and based on some eejit who's never see them fight before sunday night, they'd be right. both were crap on that night, juiced and chonged!!! silva was on gear and gun shy, he was a nervous wreck by all accounts. Diaz was......well Diaz!!!!!

But I do see your point and agree totally. In saying that It wouldn't annoy me though. I mean I hate football but I'd cheer for Ireland and certainly watch the match on the day. I wouldn't take up a ticket knowing hardcore fans were chomping at the bit to go however. they're the people going just for the party element!! eeeeekkkkk what if he loses???

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

There is no US pre clearance at Gatwick, it's only from flights from Ireland going direct to the US.

Booked at 8:55pm thru etravel.ie at a fantastic price of 860, no warning of subject to price change or anything and got an emailed saying its changed to 1300 gutted to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

FRAT ALERT!

My first time responding to this BANDWAGON stuff.

I've been watching MMA for the past 10 years, admittedly I have not been to many regional shows in Ireland or kept a close eye on Cage Warriors etc. as I have not had the time with work commitments etc.

The most available form of MMA that I had was the UFC when it was shown on Bravo by tape-delay and have subsequently attended a couple events.

Sometimes I wonder when people are saying "OOOh these bandwagoners", do they feel like a dog trying to mark its territory- as in I was here first, look at me p**s on this tree.

If people have only found MMA and want to travel across the world and watch, what really is there to be annoyed about. It's their time, their money. Stop hating on people for doing sh*t that is perfectly legal.

If you can't afford to go, I understand it must be annoying, but there is no need to try and cut people down in order to make yourself feel better (that's some Dr. Phil (not Dr. PhilG btw) sh*t right thuuur!)

To finish, I don't mind "BANDWAGONERS", they are very welcome in my book as they add to the hype\atmosphere surrounding a fight.

Over and out... Roger that!

FRAT ALERT!

My first time responding to this BANDWAGON stuff.

I've been watching MMA for the past 10 years, admittedly I have not been to many regional shows in Ireland or kept a close eye on Cage Warriors etc. as I have not had the time with work commitments etc.

The most available form of MMA that I had was the UFC when it was shown on Bravo by tape-delay and have subsequently attended a couple events.

Sometimes I wonder when people are saying "OOOh these bandwagoners", do they feel like a dog trying to mark its territory- as in I was here first, look at me p**s on this tree.

If people have only found MMA and want to travel across the world and watch, what really is there to be annoyed about. It's their time, their money. Stop hating on people for doing sh*t that is perfectly legal.

If you can't afford to go, I understand it must be annoying, but there is no need to try and cut people down in order to make yourself feel better (that's some Dr. Phil (not Dr. PhilG btw) sh*t right thuuur!)

To finish, I don't mind "BANDWAGONERS", they are very welcome in my book as they add to the hype\atmosphere surrounding a fight.

Over and out... Roger that!

Agree completely. I think the irony of the most recent bandwagon comments are that they come from bandwagoners themselves.

sure I never really gave rugby a fair look and then got into watching it via the 6 nations, as Ireland are competing. So I watched the last two world cups with great joy and interest. I have been to 2 six nation games over here. Now considering I really appreciated the sport from having won a ticket to see a friendly between the all blacks and Ireland.

tell me, does this make me a bandwagoner????

I don't think so. Im not pretending to be interested in it cos Brian O driscols a good guy or a famous face, nor would I try to speak educatedly about it, as I still struggle with the rules some times. BUT, If had plenty of money and could go to the final of the Six nations, I wouldn't feel one bit bad about it, why should I?

Is watching years of pride and early UFC a right of passage? you can develop an interest in any thing and any sport at any time. Nobody has the right to tell you to F off!!

Just don't try to sound like you know it all I suppose, isn't that the real issue with the hard sweats?? to this I agree in one sense.

• Advertisement

rusty cole wrote: »
    sure I never really gave rugby a fair look and then got into watching it via the 6 nations, as Ireland are competing. So I watched the last two world cups with great joy and interest. I have been to 2 six nation games over here. Now considering I really appreciated the sport from having won a ticket to see a friendly between the all blacks and Ireland.

tell me, does this make me a bandwagoner????

I don't think so. Im not pretending to be interested in it cos Brian O driscols a good guy or a famous face, nor would I try to speak educatedly about it, as I still struggle with the rules some times. BUT, If had plenty of money and could go to the final of the Six nations, I wouldn't feel one bit bad about it, why should I?

Is watching years of pride and early UFC a right of passage? you can develop an interest in any thing and any sport at any time. Nobody has the right to tell you to F off!!

Just don't try to sound like you know it all I suppose, isn't that the real issue with the hard sweats?? to this I agree in one sense.

Just to be clear, most of the regulars on here don't mention the word bandwagoner. What seems to happen regularly on here (in particular in any McGregor thread) is that randomers pop by from time to time and drop dumbass comments about bandwagoners etc. They don't represent the majority of us who are only delighted to see a sport that we love grow and see a genuine Irish star of the sport.

I never doubt that for a second. Most of these forums are packed with genuinely knowledgeable and courteous, not to mention quick witted people.

I was just trying to illustrate a point and began to lose the run of myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm a bandwagonner and I'm proud.

I can't wait to see Colin McGregor fight John Aldridge

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

Booked at 8:55pm thru etravel.ie at a fantastic price of 860, no warning of subject to price change or anything and got an emailed saying its changed to 1300 gutted to say the least

Jesus that's pretty cynical stuff but with the severe lack of options from here into Vegas that week its no shock that they'd get a hike

DK224 wrote: »
    Jesus that's pretty cynical stuff but with the severe lack of options from here into Vegas that week its no shock that they'd get a hike

Luckyly enough tour America done a deal 1300 5 nights mgm and flights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Havta agree think aldo will absolutely hammer him and would love to see aldo break him and knock him out in the first round

I'd hazard a guess to say you know **** all about MMA though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Linda Brief Panacea

the band wagon is fairly full at this stage. i know 5 couples headin over for it 2.5k per couple flights and accom + fight tickets + spending money. the girls don't watch ufc events but sure that irish fella is fighting in this one. driven mental listening that (i cant afford to go :rolleyes: )

Dead right, they clearly should give you their money for their holiday so that you can go instead.

Did you pay the extra 500?
    It's still 865 on the website? They can't do that to ya.

There out in Walkinstown and have a number I'd be on the phone or out there to them if I was you. That can't be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

http://www.travelcounsellors.ie/hazel.fogarty - This lady was referred to me a couple of years ago and has done a few weekend city breaks/sun holliers for me. She did my Boston trip, and have just gone through her for July in Vegas too (I need to sort fight ticket directly). Got a good all-in deal for flights/MGM/shows. My hotel messed up at checkin in Boston and she had it sorted in about 20 mins with a better room. Serious peace of mind for the shorter trips.

Roll on July takeover!! :D:D:D

I dunno if it's just the McGregor fight you wanna see but I'm nearly sure the Ultimate Fighter Finale will be on the Sunday the 12th in Vegas too.

Yeah I had considered including it; but I am already pushing out the annual leave days (4x) far enough after Boston. I'll do the IFW expo, will have to have my fill with that & 189!

P.s. She has since booked said other mate into the MGM w/ flights (not sure how much yet, he seemed happy enough on whatsapp though).

• Advertisement

Did you pay the extra 500?
    It's still 865 on the website? They can't do that to ya.

There out in Walkinstown and have a number I'd be on the phone or out there to them if I was you. That can't be right.

No got my money back had to book two flights credit wouldn't ask full price

I'm booked I'm going I'm happy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement