Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor McGregor

• 06-04-2013 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

Where did this guy come from?

MMA is going to be in the limelight in Ireland starting now! What a fight!

I always thought the tuf fighters were over rated and today McGregor made an unbeaten ufc fighter look like a little bitch. I hope the UFC comes back to Ireland and we get Pendred in there!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Amiya Gifted Banking

Nappy wrote: »
    I always thought the tuf fighters were over rated and today McGregor made an unbeaten ufc fighter look like a little bitch.

From the charter;
    7) No fighter bashing ( either pro org or local level - it's not cool and shows a small mind ).

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭EvanCornwallis

This is what happens when a country is used to mediocrity.

Aldo next ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Fantastic Performance by Conor! Hopefully he will get on the main card next time, might even be able to crack the top 10 soon.

Heres Conor with Dana
    155767_359504524149658_387740536_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Dominant performance + Good look + Irishness means he's sure to get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Nappy wrote: »
    Where did this guy come from?

you obviously don't follow irish mma or mma outside the ufc

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭alanrebelsw

Aldo next..hilarious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Official link should start at conors fight

oops not working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Aldo next ?

Steady on there horse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Great TKO and he looks comfortable as hell.

I really hope MMA in Ireland takes off on the back of Conor and good luck to him.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Great performance from a great athlete... did us proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Steve O wrote: »
    Great TKO and he looks comfortable as hell.

I really hope MMA in Ireland takes off on the back of Conor and good luck to him.

But mma in Ireland has taken off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Arawn wrote: »
    But mma in Ireland has taken off.

What?! Globally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

just after getting over all the excitement and hype from yesterday. It was bloody brilliant wasnt it.

anyway, just wondering lads, what are Conors' credentials in boxing? They mentioned a national amateur boxing champion, but he certainly didnt win a seniors medal thats for sure, did he win an intermediates or juniors title by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Dunno if he won any titles, but he grew up boxing before he got started grappling and doing MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

excellent performance, he will turn some heads after that, anyone know if he got his 60 g's he asked dana for at the end?

ufc pro wrote: »
    excellent performance, he will turn some heads after that, anyone know if he got his 60 g's he asked dana for at the end?

Yes he got KO of the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Dave 101 wrote: »
    Yes he got KO of the night

'Fvck the recession' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

anyway, just wondering lads, what are Conors' credentials in boxing? They mentioned a national amateur boxing champion, but he certainly didnt win a seniors medal thats for sure, did he win an intermediates or juniors title by any chance?
    Richy06 wrote: »
    Dunno if he won any titles, but he grew up boxing before he got started grappling and doing MMA.

As far as i Know he never won any titles in Boxing, but he definitely came into MMA with enough Boxing that he was very confident standing up

PS, he got KO of the night, Delighted for him

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

I boxed with Conor in Crumlin and I'm pretty sure he won a schoolboys title. He has as much class as any senior champion in Ireland , Philip Sutcliffe would tell you that.
    He was very difficult fighter to spar and he could show up most people in Crumlin at the time which says a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

This is what happens when a country is used to mediocrity.
    Clearly you know nothing whatsoever about Irish sport.

London-Olympics-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

He looks like he could've stood there and talked for hours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

From welfare to custom suits

" While it's already being praised as one of the most impressive UFC debuts in recent memory, Conor McGregor's UFC on FUEL TV 9 win didn't just boost his notoriety in the sport: It's also going to get him off welfare. "

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/04/from-welfare-to-custom-suits-conor-mcgregor-says-ufc-win-biggest-of-career

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

any one else want to see mcgregor v the korean zombie or v holloway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

yeah would like that alright but they're both matched up for end of May and July... so maybe after Boston!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Delighted for him. The kids in the Crumlin-Drimnagh-Walkinstown area will have a sports star to look up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Exactly what I was thinking, gonna send EA a message on facebook!

Beaming for Conor, it's mad reading US forums and the amount of people comparing him to Anderson Silva is excellent. A fight against the Korean Zombie would be great for him next. Whats the chance of him being the main event of the Boston card? :D

Brilliant post fight interview and Dana clearly liking him. The worst thing is having to wait a few months for his next fight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking, gonna send EA a message on facebook!

Beaming for Conor, it's mad reading US forums and the amount of people comparing him to Anderson Silva is excellent. A fight against the Korean Zombie would be great for him next. Whats the chance of him being the main event of the Boston card? :D

Brilliant post fight interview and Dana clearly liking him. The worst thing is having to wait a few months for his next fight!

No chance on him being a main event, and rightfully so, let him have a couple more fights first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement