Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co galway 17/11/19 16.31 temperature 5°C
    aDYnQaG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,561 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Tonight will see severe frost with the risk of icy bitches, time to stoke the fire and chill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Tonight will see severe frost with the risk of icy bitches, time to stoke the fire and chill

Icy bitches , you must know my wife ha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

9pm

Markree -2
    Mount Dillon -1
    Claremorris 0
    Athenry 0

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

4am, Athenry, Claremorris, Gurteen, Markree Castle and Mount Dillon all -4°c.

• Advertisement

-3 curragh Kildare.
    Freezing fog also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cold this morning in cork city. Cars covered in a thick frost.

8am

Mount Dillon -5
    Markree -5

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Perishin' this morning in Limerick. The car had to get 2 kettles of water!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Beautiful 'winters' morning in wicklow. Just read MT's forecast for the week and outlook for next......grim reading:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Clear and sunny in Dublin 16. Overnight low was -1.3c. Would love a couple of weeks of this weather!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Clear and sunny in Dublin 16. Overnight low was -1.3c. Would love a couple of weeks of this weather!

same here, apart from being beautiful to wake up to a morning frost and clear blue skies, it would really help towards drying out the land. Sadly there is another deluge on the way this week!

Fingers crossed we see many more days like today during the Christmas week as well as January and February.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Can't believe it is ten years ago on this date when that horrendous spell weather, which resulted in much of the west and south being under water, began:

2XAvryh.gif

Although rain started here the night before; heavy, driving rain that resulted in a horrific traffic accident just outside of town. Galway City was even worse hit on that night, with over 50mm falling in just a short space of time, and this was only a taster of what was to come.

10 years later, and the sky is summer blue.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Can't believe it is ten years ago on this date when that horrendous spell weather, which resulted in much of the west and south being under water, began:

2XAvryh.gif

Although rain started here the night before; heavy, driving rain that resulted in a horrific traffic accident just outside of town. Galway City was even worse hit on that night, with over 50mm falling in just a short space of time, and this was only a taster of what was to come.

10 years later, and the sky is summer blue.

We had 3 possible routes home
    2 of them were flooded by the time work decided to release us early mid afternoon
    Never want to see the likes of it again
    The scars run deep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Quite nice in waterford now. Sun shining and a bit of heat still in it. Looks like some convection off the south coast
    wws13hz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Great day in meath, really love these days like this, chilly, very sunny and dry

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Beautiful day in Dublin 18, sunny but crisp. A very heavy frost on the car this morning and it still hung around in the shady spots while I was out walking about 11.

Has MT issued his winter prediction yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

A still very white from head to toe, Lugnaquilla just now as seen from Arklow
    Phone camera

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Phone camera

I am from Wicklow originally myself, remember the old folk use to say the longer lug has its white coat it won't be long till snow be a foot

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

Phone camera

LOL dont see many photos from 2000 camera phones these days:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Phone camera

Potato cam?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Daily temperature anomaly for Autumn so far (up to yesterday). Shows just how cold this November has been so far.

rYEbgeh.png

We have to go back as far as the year 2000, and before that, 1985, to find a November as cold up to the 18th. Some signs now that temps will recover somewhat as we get into the closing third of the month, but with more in the way of wind and rain about, not necessarily feeling all that warmer.

Data is courtesy of Met Eireann.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

certainly looks milder for the remainder of the month with temperatures rising into double figures over next few days. Some places could see 13 or 14C next week. I welcome it because the past 3 weeks of mostly cold, cold rain has not been the least bit enjoyable. Unfortunately it seems the rain is here to stay tho regardless of temperature. If it's going to rain, i'd rather the temperature be bearable rather than very cold but still yielding just rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭pad199207

Gonzo wrote: »
    certainly looks milder for the remainder of the month with temperatures rising into double figures over next few days. Some places could see 13 or 14C next week. I welcome it because the past 3 weeks of mostly cold, cold rain has not been the least bit enjoyable. Unfortunately it seems the rain is here to stay tho regardless of temperature. If it's going to rain, i'd rather the temperature be bearable rather than very cold but still yielding just rain.

Totally agree although more rain is not good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »

Bring on the mild for the next few weeks but once mid December comes around I want an end to it. Much colder conditions with frosty mornings would be welcome for the remainder of December. We are bloody due a cold Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

esposito wrote: »
    Bring on the mild for the next few weeks but once mid December comes around I want an end to it. Much colder conditions with frosty mornings would be welcome for the remainder of December. We are bloody due a cold Christmas!

Oh I hope not. Mild but dry would be nice for Christmas.

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Kilkenny, Wexford, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford

From early hours of Wednesday to noon on Thursday, spells of heavy rain at times will give amounts of 30 to 50 mm with a risk of spot flooding.

Valid: Wednesday 20 November 2019 00:01 to Thursday 21 November 2019 12:00

Issued: Tuesday 19 November 2019 11:00

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The first of probably a few weather rainfall warnings for this week, has the look of producing floods by the weekend as the land gets increasingly saturated.

NATIONAL WARNINGS

Rainfall warning for Kilkenny, Wexford, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford
    Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Kilkenny, Wexford, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford
    From early hours of Wednesday to noon on Thursday, spells of heavy rain at times will give amounts of 30 to 50 mm with a risk of spot flooding.

Valid: Wednesday 20 November 2019 00:01 to Thursday 21 November 2019 12:00

Issued: Tuesday 19 November 2019 11:00

DAVWa4k.png

CAZ5YmF.png

eaSgSdM.png

CM3aE96.png

pad199207 wrote: »
    Totally agree although more rain is not good news!

ground here is still saturated from the rains of the past 2 months, flood waters have gone, but the ditches here are still full of water. It won't take much for the floods to come back. If the rainfall totals over the next 10 days are to be believed then many parts of Meath and Kildare at least may finish this Autumn with record breaking rainfall totals for Autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Yay more rain.. ground is saturated here in cork city too. We have to bear nearing one of the wettest autumn’s on record by now? I think there was a lot o days of light drizzle too, making it seem worse

Advertisement